Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2020, 06:51 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Like the wise man said "15 cases this week.....253,000 next week". We got this, right?

people will die from viruses and trying to stop them with lockdowns and loss of freedom is downright disgusting.

everything is being put on hold for a virus while ignoring other ways people die. this is about control.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:49 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Funny experience yesterday at a Candle Store. Sign said masks must be worn. Limiting the number of customers in store.

Staff seemed very happy to just see customers in the store. Can I help you? Show me your pine scents. She pointed to a bottom shelf. I told her that I couldn't look down or mask would fall down below my nose. The woman started laughing and said we don't care about that.

Proof? Cashier had her mask below her nose. Was her mask too big also? lol

Old 11-22-2020, 07:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
people will die from viruses and trying to stop them with lockdowns and loss of freedom is downright disgusting.

everything is being put on hold for a virus while ignoring other ways people die. this is about control.
This about control in what way? I thought it was about a 9-11 type death toll every 3 days. Help me out here.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:43 AM

21,148 posts, read 19,729,843 times
As Fauci warned us early on, “masks don’t work”. They simply store the virus and incubate it like a petri dish. Then the germs are passed on to the person’s hands when they adjust it and take it off and out it back on. Then the germs are passed from a person’s hands to surfaces which other people touch.

Masks work in operating rooms because a clean one is put on, never touched, then taken off and disposed of. Most people reuse the same mask and constantly touch it.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:00 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
As Fauci warned us early on, “masks don’t work”. They simply store the virus and incubate it like a petri dish. Then the germs are passed on to the person’s hands when they adjust it and take it off and out it back on. Then the germs are passed from a person’s hands to surfaces which other people touch.
Exactly. The immune system isn't just the antibodies and t-cells and all that other good stuff. But the hair in your nose, coughing, mucous, breathing. Exhaling viruses is one of the first ways the immune system deals with them. So now, thanks to all the stupid requirements for them, what would previously be a small viral load, followed by exhaling a small viral load, viruses that are caught in these "droplets" are then re-inhaled resulting in a much higher viral load. It also means if someone takes theirs off briefly, they're exhaling a much higher viral load all at once. Masks are compounding the current problem.
Quote:
Masks work in operating rooms because a clean one is put on, never touched, then taken off and disposed of. Most people reuse the same mask and constantly touch it.
Exactly, they are worn in an already sterile environment with people likely to be healthy, and they aren't worn day after day. Even surgeons and other operating room personnel get breaks.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:16 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Funny experience yesterday at a Candle Store. Sign said masks must be worn. Limiting the number of customers in store.

Staff seemed very happy to just see customers in the store. Can I help you? Show me your pine scents. She pointed to a bottom shelf. I told her that I couldn't look down or mask would fall down below my nose. The woman started laughing and said we don't care about that.

Proof? Cashier had her mask below her nose. Was her mask too big also? lol
Thanks!

I was just thinking about enlarging the ear loops so as to allow each leg an elastomeric ear (leg) loop. (Patent Pending)

I've always believed that women should be supported.

Most states have laws about women supports in public places.

Garters are allowed by law.

"Order of the Garter

the highest order of English knighthood, founded by Edward III c.1344. According to tradition, the garter was that of the Countess of Salisbury, which the king placed on his own leg after it fell off while she was dancing with him. The king's comment to those present, “Honi soit qui mal y pense” (shame be to him who thinks evil of it), was adopted as the motto of the order."

Functionality is everything!

My invention should serve humanity well during, and after, the pandemonium.

I own the patent on Mask Garters. (I also own this Brand Name)

Trump: Give me a call. And by the way, I'm not the Pillow Man.

I have already tested my prototype.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-22-2020 at 01:03 PM..

Old 11-22-2020, 04:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Interesting but pretty useless without a study or numbers. Its just one guy giving his interpretation of a study not shown in the article. What you quoted is all that is in there about the study.
So let's look at numbers based on a masked vs an unmasked city in Oklahoma:

Masks required: Lawton pop. 93,714, total positive cases: 2762, total deaths: 25

Masks not required: Enid pop. 50,122, total positive cases: 3055, total deaths: 33

It abundantly clear, a mask mandate has worked.

Old 11-22-2020, 04:26 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So let's look at numbers based on a masked vs an unmasked city in Oklahoma:

Masks required: Lawton pop. 93,714, total positive cases: 2762, total deaths: 25

Masks not required: Enid pop. 50,122, total positive cases: 3055, total deaths: 33

It abundantly clear, a mask mandate has worked.
And I'm sure I could show you an example showing the exact opposite.

Now the study sounds interesting and worth looking at, but it takes more than just one snippet from it.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:39 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, not one of those links explains why Enid the much smaller unmasked city has considerably more positive cases and deaths than Lawton where mask wear is required.

correlation is not the same as causation.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:14 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Bacterial pneumonia anyone?

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/medic...-mask-wearing/

It refers this "study", scientific study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25903751/

Always watch when you read something as they will say that there are no studies that show that something doesn't happen, but the thing is, there just are NO studies, and none that show that it doesn't cause ill effects when you wear a cloth mask. Some of this is really logic, anyone remember wearing those faces on Halloween and how nasty they got in just a couple of hours of trick-or-treating? Areas with moisture are breeding grounds for bacteria. So simple, yet people are just too dim to get it.
The study was hospital workers, not general population.

Yes, masks need to be used properly and with social distancing and hand hygiene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
bill gates does not wear a mask.

the virus is not dangerous enough for me to warrant me wearing a mask. people die of many things that's life.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-23-2020 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies