Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2020, 03:50 PM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times

Advertisements

Bacterial pneumonia anyone?

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/medic...-mask-wearing/

It refers this "study", scientific study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25903751/

Always watch when you read something as they will say that there are no studies that show that something doesn't happen, but the thing is, there just are NO studies, and none that show that it doesn't cause ill effects when you wear a cloth mask. Some of this is really logic, anyone remember wearing those faces on Halloween and how nasty they got in just a couple of hours of trick-or-treating? Areas with moisture are breeding grounds for bacteria. So simple, yet people are just too dim to get it.

Old 11-20-2020, 03:57 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
South Dakota has no mask mandate and cases are out of control. Most of the places that are on a tear right now have no mask mandate or a very lax one. I live in a red state where there are actually mask mandates for stores. At least 50% of people aren't wearing one. If 99.99% of people actually were wearing masks, we probably wouldn't be in this predicament. The science is out there if ones cares to look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYk92jxFXOk

Portuguese Court rules that PCR tests are unreliable. #science

So your 'cases' are a bunch of malarkey.

Old 11-20-2020, 04:00 PM

1,500 posts, read 887,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Maybe it's time to take the mask off? It will seem intimidating at first but you get used to it. Thus far I've only run into an issue twice.
Good luck with getting into Costco

Old 11-20-2020, 04:39 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are trying to infer that the few people who are not wearing their masks correctly are the rule, well it's not. The 99.99% of the people I see out and about in public are masked up properly, and yet COVID cases are spiking.

Masks don't work, not because everyone is not wearing them correctly, they just don't work. I just cited medical studies stating that masks offered no significant protection. If you are in the same room as an infected person, your paper mask or homemade cloth mask will not prevent you from breathing in the virus.
And what's bad is people ignore social distancing thinking they do more than they do.

My wife was in line at the grocery store and some woman comes up behind her in a mask, so close she can feel her breathing on her neck, ignoring the distance marks the store puts on the floor. And someone else walked up right behind that woman, breathing on her neck while masked.

Old 11-20-2020, 04:40 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
Attachment 225331

Per Dr. Fauci about that image that was widely circulated on social media along with comments about how Fauci was setting a bad example or acting hypocritical by wearing a mask below his mouth and not social distancing, but the above-displayed picture may not be as “damning” as some are presenting it.

Dr. Fauci: “The other person is a very close friend of mine,” Fauci responded. “John, I think this is sort of mischievous with this thing going around. I had my mask around my chin, I had taken it down. I was totally dehydrated and I was drinking water trying to rehydrate myself. And by the way, I was negative Covid literally the day before.”

“So I guess if people want to make a thing of that, I wear a mask all the time when I'm outside,” Fauci continued. “To pull it down, to take some sips of water, and put it back up again, I guess if people want to make something about that, they can. But to me, I think that’s just mischievous.”

It should also be noted that a water bottle can be seen directly in front of Fauci, and that the NIAID director and his guests, which are his wife and close friend, are sitting outside. In many cities where restaurants and other businesses have reopened, people are allowed to remove their masks when they are eating or drinking. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also notes that outdoor activities, such as attending a baseball game in an open-air stadium, is safer than indoor activities.
Excuses. He's in a public place.

Old 11-20-2020, 04:41 PM
bu2

Quote:
South Dakota has no mask mandate and cases are out of control. Most of the places that are on a tear right now have no mask mandate or a very lax one. I live in a red state where there are actually mask mandates for stores. At least 50% of people aren't wearing one. If 99.99% of people actually were wearing masks, we probably wouldn't be in this predicament. The science is out there if ones cares to look at it.
Like every place in Europe?

There is no science. And its starting up again in New York which has strict rules.

Old 11-20-2020, 04:51 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
Scientist have even assigned musical notes to the spike protein, translating the structure of its famous spike protein into music.

The new format can help scientists find sites on the protein where antibodies or drugs might be able to bind—simply by searching for specific musical sequences that correspond to these sites. This, the researchers say, is faster and more intuitive than conventional methods used to study proteins, such as molecular modeling.

Scientists have turned the structure of the coronavirus into music
Wow! Great post! I learned something today from CD...yay! Thank you for posting this link. So cool.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:19 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Your conclusions are meaningless and they certainly aren't "science." We've presented you with the science and you continue to lie about it.

If "the science is out there" and proves what you're saying, let's see it. I'm not talking about a youtube video with someone sneezing, or a press release from some deep state apparatchik. I'm talking about a randomized controlled trial.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:27 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And what's bad is people ignore social distancing thinking they do more than they do.

My wife was in line at the grocery store and some woman comes up behind her in a mask, so close she can feel her breathing on her neck, ignoring the distance marks the store puts on the floor. And someone else walked up right behind that woman, breathing on her neck while masked.
Well, the studies I read, incorporated hand washing, social distancing and wearing masks, even using all of these they still said they offered no significant protection. And yet.... here we are, with government telling us if we wash hands, social distance and wear masks we will be safe and be significantly protected. These studies clearly showed that masks do not stop the virus.

If you are in the high risk group, you really need to severely limit your contact with people. The healthy young people can follow the mask, hygiene and social distancing, but they should go to work, and get on with their lives. Albeit making sure they do not interact with high risk people.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:30 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Like every place in Europe?

There is no science. And its starting up again in New York which has strict rules.
I live in WI, everyone is masked up. I only saw one person at a store who didn't have a mask. We are spiking in positive cases. It's clear as crystal, that wearing masks has not made a difference here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies