Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2020, 05:22 AM

72 posts, read 40,390 times

Advertisements

If you feel the need, then wear one. I choose not and it's none of your business to say otherwise. None...

Old 11-16-2020, 11:09 AM

475 posts, read 406,685 times
Stay safe!

Mask Wars - merged thread for all stories related to disputes about wearing masks-ezb2sfowoaevav1.jpg

Old 11-16-2020, 01:46 PM

16,282 posts, read 10,421,470 times
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...59888343478273

Old 11-16-2020, 04:48 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
I was asking my niece, who's a critical care R.N. in Omaha how she was holding up. They're being overwhelmed with Covid patients as we speak. This was part of her response:

"Self numbing. Compartmentalization. Not healthy, but it's the only way I can get some sleep and block out some of the sh.. that's been giving me PTSD since March. We are exhausted, and it feels like no one cares that we enter the land of the dead and dying every shift trying to hold back the tide, but more patients just keep showing up gasping for air. We really are doing our best and I've seen incredible things from our co-workers, but we can only do so much".

People, wear a G.D. mask. Don't be so flipping' selfish.
What's the name of the hospital so I can verify it?

Old 11-16-2020, 08:24 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
On Monday night, the city council in a town in Oklahoma voted to extend the required mask mandate to Feb. 28, while the local hospital was full of COVID patients. I'm sure those against masks will say that is more proof that masks don't work. In opposition to extending the mask ordinance, someone said the city council had “demonized healthy people exercising their Constitutionally secured God-given rights.” So masks are not just a political issue. They are a religious issue, too.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/co...9449389ee.html

Old 11-17-2020, 06:22 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
On Monday night, the city council in a town in Oklahoma voted to extend the required mask mandate to Feb. 28, while the local hospital was full of COVID patients. I'm sure those against masks will say that is more proof that masks don't work. In opposition to extending the mask ordinance, someone said the city council had “demonized healthy people exercising their Constitutionally secured God-given rights.” So masks are not just a political issue. They are a religious issue, too.

They're a freedom issue. Who can order someone to breath through a mask while outdoors or require a business to require their customers to wear a mask?

Do you know how well mask works when mandated to be worn outside? Has anyone done studies on it? I bet noone.

Old 11-17-2020, 06:47 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post

What rights has God ever given anyone in any case? He only gives rights to those in certain countries that he prefers, is that it?It's scary how fast we are devolving as a society.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:45 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
National lockdown would equal a fate worse than the Great Depression.

Economies have no on/off button.

Even with state mandates, unemployment will be far worse the next 2-3 years than April, 2020 was. Cash flow is why. Restaurants will close in massive quantities, hotels, malls..and they will not be replaced.

My state's largest malls are either converting space to apartments, or seeking to do so, and admitting we can't find new retail tenants for a very high vacancy rate.

Millions will either be evicted in 2021 from apartments, or banks will foreclose on the properties, as landlords can't pay w/o collecting rent.
I agree.

This virus is less of a threat to those under 40 years old, than the common flu. Children are especially in little danger from this virus.

So why force people to lockdown, when the common flu is more of a threat to them? It's insanity.

Only those people in the high risk category need to greatly reduce their interactions with people, not the young people. Let the young get on with their lives, albeit still observing proper hygiene and distancing themselves from the elderly and people with reduced immune systems.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
I am not talking about posting armed guard at people's houses.

1. Lock down everything except essential businesses immediately before the virus got out of control.
2. Close down all gatherings more than 50 people.
3. Develop an army of contact tracers.
4. Have a tier system for reopening with clear criteria that is standardize across as many states as possible.
5. Rigorously enforce social distancing, mask wear, and curfews.
6. Set up taskforces to monitor the progression of the virus and listen to the scientists and experts.

A lot of states and places did that. But not everywhere. The president should have pressed all Republican and Democrat governors in all 50 states to follow those guidelines. Don't call the virus a hoax. Do not tell people not to fear the virus. Suspend campaigning across the nation.
Why? Why should young people lock themselves down, when the common flu is more of a threat to them? Answer - they shouldn't.

Just because some 70 year old politician or bureaucrat is in danger from this virus is no reason to punish an entire nation. The 70 year olds should lock themselves down, leave the rest of America alone.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They're a freedom issue. Who can order someone to breath through a mask while outdoors or require a business to require their customers to wear a mask?

Do you know how well mask works when mandated to be worn outside? Has anyone done studies on it? I bet no one.
These draconian measures need to be challenged in court. What's next, locking the nation down because of the common flu??? The flu is dangerous to some people, so..... lock the entire nation down twice a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies