Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 07:37 AM

78,475 posts, read 60,666,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is happening in many cities. Selective enforcement of laws and only the Non Woke get punished and arrested. They gave a moratorium to all the looter, rioters, vandals and thugs that harmed people in Philly recently.
Well Philly does have a 5% city wage tax last I saw....who the heck do you think stuck around over the decades in the city that takes 5% of your income?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
To paraphrase one of my favorite political analysts, "Those who don't listen to MSM are uninformed. Those who do are mis-informed".
The problem isn't even just the twisting of stories but just in the editorial process.

For example, I could run XYZ news and put up a story almost daily about someone getting killed while riding a bicycle (as a random example). Day after day after day....my watchers would become on average more scared of bicycles.

THe stories would all be factual, but the presentation of the problem would be dishonest.

Heck, not that long ago I was amused by how every time an illegal did something bad it was posted here with a link to FOX. At the same time, NPR was running pretty much a story a day about some illegal whose kid is a doctor, other kid runs an orphanage, donated a kidney to a dying child and worked 24 hours a day for 25 straight years.

The hidden bias of what is selected to be the news.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:48 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,768,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://abc7ny.com/trump-tower-black...n-nyc/6315320/

The guy was caught on camera. Haven't heard he's been ID'ed yet.
Beautiful! We just need 500,000 more gallons of paint to destroy every BLM garbage banner, sign, mural and any other trash they have put up!

Old 07-16-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Beautiful! We just need 500,000 more gallons of paint to destroy every BLM garbage banner, sign, mural and any other trash they have put up!
I hope they make it permanent.

That way, every time a NYPD officer shoves a broom handle somewhere or murders somebody the press can show their boss, the mayor painting those letters as a gross PR stunt while business as usual continued.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:23 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,713,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well, "dear", when you tune into to those shows, let me know what you think of them. I, for one, don't watch them.

I see you have no comeback to what I posted. You refused to look at the links, correct? Why is that?
Sure sounds like you do. Talk about refusal to think and talk out of silo mentality. Why is that?

BLM is not a Marxist terrorist organization. Trump & Company just want you to believe that.

OK BOS2IAD, you demanded a comeback, despite ignoring the initial citations and links I provided. Here is more evidence and information, dear, since you asked so nicely :

As Trump warns of leftist violence, a dangerous threat emerges from the right-wing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...aloo-movement/

Quote:
A far-right extremist movement born on social media and fueled by anti-government rhetoric has emerged as a real-world threat in recent weeks, with federal authorities accusing some of its adherents of working to spark violence at largely peaceful protests roiling the nation.
Quote:
President Trump and other top U.S. officials have claimed — with little evidence — that leftist groups were fomenting violence, federal prosecutors have charged various supporters of a right-wing movement called the “boogaloo bois,†with crimes related to plotting to firebomb a U.S. Forest Service facility, preparing to use explosives at a peaceful demonstration and killing a security officer at a federal courthouse.
Quote:
Prosecutors even successfully argued before a federal magistrate in Texas that a drug possession suspect with alleged boogaloo ties should be denied bond because Facebook and Instagram posts advocating violence against National Guard members and threatening to kill police during a peaceful rally showed he was a “threat to the community.â€
Quote:
The Department of Homeland security said in a June 1 internal intelligence report that “most of the violence appears to have been driven by opportunists.†The bulletin said that “the greatest threat of lethal violence continues to emanate from those with racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist ideologies and domestic violent extremists with personalized ideologies,†specifically pointing to boogaloo-related groups as likely to be “instigating violence†at the protests.
Who caused the violence at protests?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ts-not-antifa/

White nationalists, as counterintuitive as it might seem, are drawn to Black Lives Matter rallies. People who identify with far-right extremist groups are among those facing the most serious federal charges from violence during the protests. Yet Trump and his minions continue to lie about the BLM movement & attempt to incite unrest with their very violent rhetoric. They provoke unrest and the radical right rises, then blame
it on the majority of those who indeed are advocating for social justice and racial equality with non-violent marches and protests.

Quote:
Experts say that in many states, far-right extremists, fresh from recruiting at “open states†rallies during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, continue to inject themselves into the protests, creating a potential powder keg as they mix with Black Lives Matter demonstrators. These counter-protests are clearly designed to provoke violence.
Far-right extremists keep showing up at BLM protests. Are they behind the violence?
https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...243553662.html

Vehicle Attacks Rise As Extremists Target Protesters
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/21/88096...get-protesters

Scores arrested after far-right groups target anti-racism protests in London and Paris
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/europ...ntl/index.html

Who are the extremist 'outsiders' appropriating the Black Lives Matter movement?

Quote:
Minnesota law enforcement noticed that extremist far-right" outsiders" had hijacked the protest with an increasing number of violent incidents intended to dilute the overall message of the Black Lives Matter Movement. Minnesota Governor Tim Walz echoed this sentiment in a press conference on Saturday that the provocateurs, from outside the area, were responsible for most of the damage caused during the demonstrations.
State officials said around 80 percent of those arrested in the Twin Cities on one day alone were from outside Minnesota and appeared to have ties to far right extremist groups.
Alleged Followers of Boogaloo Movement Face Charges Linked to Protests
https://www.wsj.com/articles/alleged...ts-11592920008

LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW POLICE KNEW FAR-RIGHT EXTREMISTS WERE THE REAL THREAT AT PROTESTS
https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/...-right-antifa/

Quote:
AS PROTESTS AGAINST police violence spread to every state in the U.S. and dramatic images flooded in from cities across the country, President Donald Trump and his attorney general spun an ominous story of opportunistic leftists exploiting a national trauma to sow chaos and disorder. They were the anti-fascists known as “antifa,†and according to the administration they were domestic terrorists who would be policed accordingly.

But while the White House beat the drum for a crackdown on a leaderless movement on the left, law enforcement offices across the country were sharing detailed reports of far-right extremists seeking to attack the protesters and police during the country’s historic demonstrations, a trove of newly leaked documents reveals.
Black Lives Matter is not a terrorist organization. Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an organized movement in the United States advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality against African American people.
It is pulling back the curtain on injustice and despicable deeds. Why would the American President want to sabotage those who advocate for fairness, equality and justice in these United States? Hmmmmm, perhaps because he sees himself as the President of the Confederacy, not the USA... you know look at me, Trump, president of all the white folks in the red states?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-16-2020 at 08:52 AM..

Old 07-16-2020, 08:47 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Sure sounds like you do. Talk about refusal to think and talk out of silo mentality. Why is that?

BLM is not a Marxist terrorist organization. Trump & Company just want you to believe that.

OK BOS2IAD, you demanded a comeback, despite ignoring the initial citations and links I provided. Here is more evidence and information, dear, since you asked so nicely :

As Trump warns of leftist violence, a dangerous threat emerges from the right-wing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...aloo-movement/

Who caused the violence at protests?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ts-not-antifa/

Far-right extremists keep showing up at BLM protests. Are they behind the violence?
https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...243553662.html

Vehicle Attacks Rise As Extremists Target Protesters
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/21/88096...get-protesters

Scores arrested after far-right groups target anti-racism protests in London and Paris
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/europ...ntl/index.html

Who are the extremist 'outsiders' appropriating the Black Lives Matter movement?

Alleged Followers of Boogaloo Movement Face Charges Linked to Protests
https://www.wsj.com/articles/alleged...ts-11592920008

LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW POLICE KNEW FAR-RIGHT EXTREMISTS WERE THE REAL THREAT AT PROTESTS
https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/...-right-antifa/

Black Lives Matter is not a terrorist organization. Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an organized movement in the United States advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality against African American people.
It is pulling back the curtain on injustice and despicable deeds. Why would the American President want to sabotage those who advocate for fairness, equality and justice in these United States? Hmmmmm, perhaps because he sees himself as the President of the Confederacy, not the USA... you know look at me, Trump, president of all the white folks in the red states?
BLM Your non violent civil disobedience group -burned and looted my town last month -2 days later your leader announced from the front of the county building- it was justified for black oppression
It’s all on utube
But the rest of your post I agree with I am pulling the curtain back on despicable deeds
My church members were threatened when they tried to do clean up
My church said for me not to take it personally
It feels personal

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-16-2020 at 10:00 AM..

Old 07-16-2020, 08:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

BLM is a racist terrorist organization built on a lie and headed by Marxists. There was and is no far right extremist threat that's going after protesters. The protesters were the ones causing the damage.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:00 AM

Corpgypsy, there are a handful of cases involving white supremacists vs. literally thousands upon thousands of videos of rioting, looting, beatings etc. all over youtube.

I mean seriously, that's like a Trump-level whopper you are trying to force upon us.

Lol...all the stores with "black owned business" signs so they don't get burned or looted....I guess they didn't get the message from you. LMAO.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:09 AM

8,182 posts, read 6,934,946 times
lol at "vandalized".

please.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:10 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,603,323 times
I would have added "... NOT"

so it would say black lives matter not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies