Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 11:18 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Where's the scientific evidence that school-age kids are anything other than a nearly non-existent vector for COVID-19 spread? Several European countries have released studies indicating they're not.

Wow. Just wow. Poorly-educated, non-intelligent take on what really happens with homeschooling.

https://chicagounheard.org/blog/fell...hooling-thing/
Where's the scientific evidence that all non trump voters want to home school? Wasn't that what you posted about when you started this thread. Is this just another rant about how you are so much smarter than everyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 11:21 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets_go_hawks View Post
This!

I would expect 75% of families have one parent who is smart enough to teach elementary school. If you’ve been to a college campus you’ll realize that the majority of elementary education majors aren’t exactly geniuses.
Yep. There's a reason every other department on campus calls their Ed School "the crayon curriculum."

Quote:
Plus, when home schooling you get to work one on one with your child, so it’s much easier than being a classroom teacher. The only reason more people don’t do it is lack of time and the fact that they’re being forced to pay thousands in taxes for their schools so they feel obligated to utilize them.
One on one is ALWAYS going to be better than a teacher trying to manage a class of 23, among which are kids with special needs and behavior disorders that take the teacher's time and attention away from all the other students.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:21 AM

41,971 posts, read 75,229,826 times
There's an "anti-homeschool left"? Who knew?

And ya know ... It took me a minute to figure out what a "B&M" school was. I thought maybe there was some new school where kids learned to make baked beans. My bad.

https://www.bmbeans.com/product/original-baked-beans

Most of the people I know ... left, right, upside down, and in between ... want their kids to go back to school if it is safe for them to do so, and safe for the teachers and staff. Otherwise, they are supporting a hybrid model where the kids go to school a couple days a week supplemented with online learning. That's not "homeschooling".

Quote:
Where's the scientific evidence that school-age kids are anything other than a nearly non-existent vector for COVID-19 spread?
In case you haven't noticed, school-age kids are not the only people inside a school building.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:24 AM

2,905 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I don't think most people are "way to stupid".
I think most people have jobs that they need to do so that they can support their families and it is hard to do your job and also home school your children.
Why do you have "way to stupid" in quotation marks? That's not what i wrote.

Most people are too stupid to teach children. I knew that I was too stupid to teach my own child every subject and he would have suffered as a result. It's not an insult. It's just the truth. Most people are not proficient enough to teach. I'm great at many subjects, horrible at others. However, in a pandemic, I would certainly step up and find a way for my child to have the best possible education. Extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary measures.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Where's the scientific evidence that all non trump voters want to home school?
Dem Mayors and Governors are making that decision for them. They elected them. Is that not their choice?

Old 07-16-2020, 11:25 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,845 times
What a dumb and stupid thread and OP claims she feeds sense into CD

Old 07-16-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
There's an "anti-homeschool left"? Who knew?
Yes, there is. And everyone knows why. Teachers unions donate 94% to Democrats vs. Republicans.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:26 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Yep. There's a reason every other department on campus calls their Ed School "the crayon curriculum."

One on one is ALWAYS going to be better than a teacher trying to manage a class of 23, among which are kids with special needs and behavior disorders that take the teacher's time and attention away from all the other students.
I never heard of the term crayon curriculum. I just googled it and guess what? google hasn't either, at least not on the first pages. Is that what they teach you in home school? No wonder I never heard of it.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
What a dumb and stupid thread and OP claims she feeds sense into CD
Translation: Dems got caught with their pants down advocating for something they previously opposed: homeschooling.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:29 AM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,885 times
As long as government employed parasites get their pensions and spawn of government dependent leeches get their free lunches, the left is happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies