Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2020, 08:15 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I saw the video. I don't think anyone would claim she was trying to hurt the officer. I think the fact that she hasn't been charged with assaulting a police officer speaks volumes.

She was charged with criminal mischief and freed within a few hours.
She probably wasn't charged because she was not attacking, fighting, wrestling with, trying to grab their gun or taser, sucker-punching, throwing a left hook, nor did she try any other attempt to attack police. While she was vigorously working those arms to spread the paint across the mural, the one officer on her left bent down to pull her away (they clearly were NOT using anything even close to force or strength) and I think her elbow and the officer's forehead collided. She clearly didn't know it had happened at that time because she was so caught in the moment of spreading the paint and yelling "REFUND the police!" (I cracked up on that comment because it was so novel). Later, she assured viewers on her YT video to not worry because NYPD reassured her that that officer is doing fine and was not in the hospital. He was not seriously injured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 08:15 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
The thing is that most people, like myself before becoming cognizant of it, are not aware that there is the concept that Black lives matter and then there is the organization "Black Lives Matter" and they are not one and the same. {snip}

I ask you, was there no other way for people to voice support racial justice and equality than to speak the phrase "black lives matter?"

Of course people are supporting the organization BLM when they say they "I support black lives matter."

It would be different if people had coined the phrase black lives matter for decades as the way to show support for racial equality and justice, and then some group pops up and hijacks the name for their organization, but that's not what happened. The group BLM formed, they protested and coined the phrase, Obama voiced his support for the organization, and then people are repeating the phrase.

Would people voice support for a group called the KKK, and then try to calm people's trepidation about referring to the KKK, by simply saying "I support the cause KKK, but not the group?"

Old 07-19-2020, 08:17 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
She probably wasn't charged because she was not attacking, fighting, wrestling with, trying to grab their gun or taser, sucker-punching, throwing a left hook, nor did she try any other attempt to attack police. While she was vigorously working those arms to spread the paint across the mural, the one officer on her left bent down to pull her away (they clearly were NOT using anything even close to force or strength) and I think her elbow and the officer's forehead collided. She clearly didn't know it had happened at that time because she was so caught in the moment of spreading the paint and yelling "REFUND the police!" (I cracked up on that comment because it was so novel). Later, she assured viewers on her YT video to not worry because NYPD reassured her that that officer is doing fine and was not in the hospital. He was not seriously injured.
That was my point. Read the conversation I was having with the other poster.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:26 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
The Trump movement supports Nazi policies such as hiding information from the public by diverting hospital reporting from the CDC. It actually lent credibility to the white supremacist demonstration in Charlottesville that killed a young woman counter-protesting.

The Trump movement keeps information about their own leader hidden from public view. I suspect the Idiot-in-Chief isn't nearly as wealthy as he claims. And they support disinformation Trump spreads that the COVID plague isn't really all that bad. That scientists such as Dr. Fauci are alarmists. That black lives matter--but not that much.

The Trump movement thinks all those fired or released administrative officials appointed by a dope who obviously can't pick anyone he considers "competent," are back-stabbers, even the generals who now call Trump the most dangerous President to Constitutional law that the nation has ever had the misfortune to experience.

The only morally decent Republican in the legislatures is Mitt Romney. The immoral Trump supporters ran off Jeff Flake and Bob Corker, who were conservative but decent human beings. Trump supporters continue to bash Republican Governors, like Mike DeWine of Ohio and Larry Hogan of Maryland who have disagreed with Trump's dismal handling of the COVID plague.

Morally decent Republicans are disappearing like some of the species succumbing to climate change, but it is a political change that has turned the Republican Party toward Nazi like policies. It's killed off the only members of that party who could be reasonable on occasion.

I see the German eagle flying over the White House more and more. And these new Nazis have made peace with Putin and given him the upper hand in foreign policy. Yes, many of the same Republicans who used to rail on and on about Communist take over, have become buddy-buddy with him. I suspect Putin has tapes of Trump who denied visiting Moscow sleeping with a 14 year old girl, giving them something to keep him in line. Oh, and don't tell me I have no "proof" of that. Trump has zero proof of virtually everything he states.

Reagan demanded the wall separating people be torn down. The new Nazi Republicans demand one be built.

And trying to reason with any Nazi Republican is like beating one's head against a giant wall of stupid.
WOW, there are no words.
This makes no sense at all.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:28 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
WOW, there are no words.
This makes no sense at all.
Yeah no kidding, the left are now complaining every day about "The Jews" like they're about to convert Rikers Island into Auschwitz 2.0 complete with live streaming

Old 07-19-2020, 08:45 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I ask you, was there no other way for people to voice support racial justice and equality than to speak the phrase "black lives matter?"

Of course people are supporting the organization BLM when they say they "I support black lives matter."

It would be different if people had coined the phrase black lives matter for decades as the way to show support for racial equality and justice, and then some group pops up and hijacks the name for their organization, but that's not what happened. The group BLM formed, they protested and coined the phrase, Obama voiced his support for the organization, and then people are repeating the phrase.

Would people voice support for a group called the KKK, and then try to calm people's trepidation about referring to the KKK, by simply saying "I support the cause KKK, but not the group?"
Correct. That phrase belongs in black communities where blacks are killing blacks at a high rate. It does no good and is offensive to display signs saying black lives matter in areas that have nothing to do with black deaths as if whites or others are responsible.

As far as the organization BLM goes they need to be terminated and simply be gone. They are a vile hustler org that not only doesn’t care about any lives but is causing an increase in deaths and destruction costing lives and billions. F BLM.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:59 PM

680 posts, read 535,748 times
Why is it the left claims to be so virtuous but displays all the behaviors they preach against? Hate, intolerance, inequality, no free speech, no open debate, no opinions allowed, cancel culture, etc.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:03 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Default I don't think you comprehended when you read my post

Quote:

You can't compare the acronyms KKK to BLM. First the letters KKK are specific in themselves and don't have a pluralistic meaning to people. It stands only for what it has represented all this time. Ku Klux Klan is not standard American terminology the way that the three words - Black - Lives - Matters are. As far as an organization, BLM is a young organization. They don't have a long history of racist terrorism regarding terrorizing innocent people/families, murdering, and committing vigilante lynchings like the KKK has done throughout history of this country. What BLM may become in the future is another story but at this point in 2020, trying to make an equivalency among the letters KKK and BLM doesn't float.

If there was other terminology which express that Black lives matter, it apparently didn't appeal to the populace enough to make it into the Black lexicon. I don't see the words BLM leaving the Black vocabulary for a long time. The BLM organization, on the other hand, will last only as long as White funding (who are these people) continues to support it. When that goes away and the organization turns and look to Black people to financially keep it alive, it will quickly become history. Most Black people support the concept but are NOT financially supporting the organization.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:35 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Why we have mayor's and governors supporting that Marxist organization, and get away with it, I'll never know. Why not just paint ANTIFA on the street, at least they'd save on the cost of paint.
Yes, I am an Anti-Facist, opposed to the Orange Shirts both in police uniforms and out who attack peaceful protesters and then blame the protesters. Why wouldn't they strike back? It started with the bridge in Selma, Alabama with attacks on blacks and proceeded to the Stonewall riots where they attacked LGBTQ people for having the "uppitiness" to party in a bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smx-Sk3PzzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isMbt2pQPWA

The question is, why aren't you an ANTI-Facist? Logically, it must be because you are a PRO-Facist.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:42 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yes, I am an Anti-Facist, opposed to the Orange Shirts both in police uniforms and out who attack peaceful protesters and then blame the protesters. Why wouldn't they strike back? It started with the bridge in Selma, Alabama with attacks on blacks and proceeded to the Stonewall riots where they attacked LGBTQ people for having the "uppitiness" to party in a bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smx-Sk3PzzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isMbt2pQPWA

The question is, why aren't you an ANTI-Facist? Logically, it must be because you are a PRO-Facist.
I'm alive because i'm not dead..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies