Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 09:55 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Are you open minded on the issue?

Pretty much every one who posts here has there mind made up.
I remained open-minded on the subject of BLM for quite some time after Michael Brown’s death and their emergence into the public.

Then I went to their web page and read their full mission statement, which is now scrubbed clean from all BLM propaganda. It was only after learning of their true intentions that I formed an opinion of who they are and the goals they seek. I do not support their mission, and came to that conclusion through the result of having an open mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 09:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I remained open-minded on the subject of BLM for quite some time after Michael Brown’s death and their emergence into the public.

Then I went to their web page and read their full mission statement, which is now scrubbed clean from all BLM propaganda. It was only after learning of their true intentions that I formed an opinion of who they are and the goals they seek. I do not support their mission, and came to that conclusion through the result of having an open mind.
In other words your mind is made up.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:02 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In other words your mind is made up.
My mind is made up that BLM is a Marxist organization cloaked as a black equality organization. Yes.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:03 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Take down, burn down more BLM signs and put her name on there. Go Bevelyn!

Old 07-19-2020, 10:04 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Did the mayor and the rest of them get a permit to alow them to paint the street?

Unlawful painting of public property is an arrestable crime. The "mayor" should have been arrested.
Pretty weak straw man.

As a result of this woman’s criminal acts, there’s now 25 cops assigned as security and she caused the one to possibly have fractured/broken his arm/shoulder.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:04 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,145 times
I can't be mad at this. She is expressing her viewpoints by what she is doing. Just because she doesn't have the backing of the government doesn't really change anything. Yes, the city put up this mural, but given what a lot of people know about BLM as an organization and all the violence associated with the movement, it can be seen as a divisive political message that was sponsored by the city.

It will create an equal and opposite reaction. When you have those in the movement pulling down statues at their whim while thwarting the political process and opinions of the local constituents, it is hard to be get angry at something that is close to the equal and opposite reaction. Notice I said close to, because it is not quite an equal reaction in regards to how the city handled it and other factors regarding it.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:09 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
I see no different with the BLM logo and the Swastika. Both racist groups.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:11 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Pretty weak straw man.

As a result of this woman’s criminal acts, there’s now 25 cops assigned as security and she caused the one to possibly have fractured/broken his arm/shoulder.
What about all the other Cops, that were beaten during riots, hit, spit on, etc? You're ok with that, right??? Right???

Wow, You people are pathetic..

De Blasio is Scum.

Defund the police, but protect WORDS on the street. WORDS...

Old 07-19-2020, 10:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Love it.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:14 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I see no different with the BLM logo and the Swastika. Both racist groups.
There is also no difference between a violent BLM member and a rotting prisoner who in prison for being violent. (think George Floyd) Both are equally violent and worthless to society!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies