Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 12:25 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's where you're wrong:

It is his opponent who offers the promise of calm, sober and competent leadership. Put it this way: If you have to tweet “LAW & ORDER!,” you probably aren’t the law-and-order candidate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...w-order-party/

To the extent that there is a law-and-order candidate at this point, it appears to be Biden.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...message-flops/

"A majority of voters, 63 percent, say they would rather back a presidential candidate who focuses on the cause of protests, even when the protests go too far, while just 31 percent say they would prefer to support a candidate who says we need to be tough on demonstrations that go too far"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/u...legrounds.html
The "cause" of protests are criminals and terrorists.

This isn't complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 12:27 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I can't speak for the left, but most people are not so easily offended by things which are happening mostly in the media and social media. I live in Florida, so why should I be "angry" when people protest in Portland, which is almost as far from me as Europe? Other than TV, I have yet to see a single protester, let alone a rioter. I know there was a protest in my county in June 3rd, but it went pretty much unnoticed, and even that is now 6 weeks ago.
But if a white woman offends a black man 3000 miles from you, you'll be on here screaming about "systemic racism".

Is gaslighting required behavior for Democrats?

Old 07-21-2020, 01:00 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It didn’t happen to any of these rioters. GMAB
How do you know? Unless you are saying that the only people who should protest are the dead ones.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
But if a white woman offends a black man 3000 miles from you, you'll be on here screaming about "systemic racism".
I have never used those words.

Lets be clear: the above idea was hatched in your brain, not mine.

A white woman offends a black man.........and for some reason I should give a rip......?

Truly I say to you, the mind of a Trump loyalist is a mysterious place.

Old 07-21-2020, 04:19 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
The laughable part of that survey is the assumption that Joe Biden, of all people, is focused on what is sparking the riots. Just because he’s not Trump and has that D after his name doesn’t mean he gives a rat’s behind about it. The man is a not-so-closeted racist.
If he could do anything about the cause he would have done it in the 40+ years in the senate or the 8 years as Vice President.

Old 07-21-2020, 04:26 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When the right loudly declares the intolerance of the white suprmacist groups that associate with right leaning politics.

Folks choose not to notice when Democrat mayors come out and loudly and vocally tell the rioters to 'go home'.
Tell them to go home? Whoa that is some hard core response to wanton destruction of both public and private property.

Here is just a slight difference. Very few on the right make any attempt to mitigate white suprmacist groups. Very few would tolerate such groups doing even 10% of what we see happening from the BLM protests. That is the difference. The left makes excuses and mitigates or tries to deflect. They did the same during the occupy Wall Street nonsense as well.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:15 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterplease909 View Post
At what point do the moderates and even some of the extremists on the left say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and start speaking out against the rioting, destruction and violence?
When it comes to their house, like this mayor.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-protests.html

Old 07-22-2020, 06:06 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Suddenly rioting is no longer approved when it hit's the mayor's house;

"This crosses the line, because it's someone's house and property," 15-year-old neighbor Alexandra Wright said. "It's not exactly okay. It's not okay on any level."

Alexandra's mom, Amy, said this kind of activism doesn't further social justice.

"I get it," she said. "I get that people are upset. I'm upset, too. What's your goal?"

https://kcbsradio.radio.com/articles...und-the-police

Old 07-22-2020, 06:32 AM

174 posts, read 61,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's where you're wrong:

It is his opponent who offers the promise of calm, sober and competent leadership. Put it this way: If you have to tweet “LAW & ORDER!,” you probably aren’t the law-and-order candidate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...w-order-party/

To the extent that there is a law-and-order candidate at this point, it appears to be Biden.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...message-flops/

"A majority of voters, 63 percent, say they would rather back a presidential candidate who focuses on the cause of protests, even when the protests go too far, while just 31 percent say they would prefer to support a candidate who says we need to be tough on demonstrations that go too far"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/u...legrounds.html
My point that it helps Trump is not a comparison of leadership. It's a reflection of which major political party enables and apologizes for this mess and which one rightly calls it out.
Those aren't Trump supporters out there burning and looting and the voting public KNOWS that. They might not be Biden supporters either but I think any halfway intelligent person can guess that their politics lean to the left.

The irony is that the democrats might well be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as they say!

Before the riots, Trump was widely seen as in incompetent leader, largely from his lackluster and inept response to the coronavirus. There are plenty of other examples but I think this drove it over the edge for many Americans.

Now, the narrative has changed. Middle America sees nonstop rioting, burning cities, out of control crime, democrats who want to defund or abolish the police and many on the left who openly hate America and openly practice racism against white people.

It's not longer an election about Trump. It's an election about whether you can vote for a party who enables this radical left madness or not. I think many people who can't stand Trump will NOT be able to vote democrat in good conscience after the last few weeks.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:47 AM

174 posts, read 61,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
...only to have Team Trump continue to stoke the flames, sacrificing America, JUST so he can keep the turmoil front and center for a campaign snippet.
WHAAT??!
Trump isn't out there forcing people to riot and burn and assault and kill people! What these people don't have any self-agency?
It's also the DEMOCRAT leaders in these cities who are sacrificing Americans by refusing to enforce the law because they think it hurts Trump or they want to simply spite him and letting this go on endlessly for week after week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies