Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 05:12 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
The lack of self-awareness is astounding.

Yes, WHAT IF IT WERE HAPPENING TO YOU? If you were in a chokehold and couldn't breathe? If somebody came to your door and just started shooting through it? If somebody shot you from a car because you had been looking at a house? If somebody attacked you because you were wearing a hoodie?

You think you might act differently IF IT WERE HAPPENING TO YOU?
I wouldn’t be burning down local businesses and killing people over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 05:27 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:

Yes, WHAT IF IT WERE HAPPENING TO YOU? If you were in a chokehold and couldn't breathe? If somebody came to your door and just started shooting through it? If somebody shot you from a car because you had been looking at a house? If somebody attacked you because you were wearing a hoodie?

It didn’t happen to any of these rioters. GMAB

Old 07-20-2020, 05:29 PM

23,615 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
At what point does the right get angry about all the corruption and lies coming from Trump?
Look at the timeline!

Blm and the current antifa began in this country a few years before Trump had even announced he was running for office. Set it in stone - that is a fact!

Obama coddled and praised blm, even had them in the WH. The dems coddled and praised antifa, even called them heroes.

The dems, and some repubs, had a reason for growing those two groups and, since they began long before Trump, then Trump was not the reason , he is just an excuse.

People think that if Biden wins that these groups will suddenly stop - wrong. Since they began before Trump the dems had a reason for these groups and no doubt that reason will still exist even if a dem is elected in.

Power is great for those who have it. For the rest, the huddled masses, they will be controlled.

Are you enjoying being controlled?

Old 07-20-2020, 05:35 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I wouldn’t be burning down local businesses and killing people over it.
amen.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:13 PM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
The moment the protests stop being called for, I'll stop supporting them.

Instead, all that seems to be happening is Trump escalating the issue.
They have not been called for at all.

They are based on a false premise now and have been every time in the past.

Yes there are unjustified killings by the police that affect all races. BLM should be held liable for the deaths and destruction during "protests". Plus BLM is clearly racist.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:18 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Nov 4
Exactly! Nov 4 is the magical day they will act like they care.... Right now they have an election to win! As dirty Democrats as they are, they don't care if people are killed.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:22 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Since the destruction of Portland has been going on nearly two months, it would be interesting to see how long you have to wait for a UHaul trailer or moving van. Must be a very long waiting list. They are all going one way - out of Portland.

I wonder how many people have broken their leases, too.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:29 PM

18,742 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
They aren't speaking up because, even though they are upset with what they are seeing, deep down inside, they truly believe it's President Trump / Republican's fault.
Oh, I see. So they are both gutless AND deluded.

Well, that changes everything. That makes it perfectly OK to support the officials who let looters and rioters burn down your city for months, and claim it's the fault of Donald Trump who didn't send any police there until two days ago.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:36 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
an early day in November if Biden wins.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:51 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I also realize how ironic my words might sound because this whole thing ignited from George Floyd's death and how he was treated during the arrest, and I always feel I have to make it clear that I found that policeman's actions unjustified, as I think the majority of people do.
Quote:

I lack self-awareness even as I comment on how my self is aware of the irony of my words. Hmm. Not sure how I could have been more self-aware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies