Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 12:13 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterplease909 View Post
At what point do the moderates and even some of the extremists on the left say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and start speaking out against the rioting, destruction and violence?

How many more innocent people, including children have to be killed?
How many more billions of dollars of property damage and vandalism needs to occur?
How many more of our once beautiful cities need to look like 3rd world, war zones?
How much does opportunistic crime need to rise because you thought "defund the police" was a good idea?
How many more illegal autonomous zones or illegal road/freeway closures to we need?

Is it worth watching your country burn and see people injured and killed, just to spite Trump?
Aren't you bright enough to realize it helps him because he can sell himself as the alternative to this madness?

Aren't you bright enough to realize that absolutely nobody thinks these are peaceful protests anymore?

This is YOUR mess. These are YOUR people out there apologizing, enabling and excusing them.
When do YOU say enough is enough?
It is ironic to see smaller vehicles getting torched. Wouldn't the left target the gas guzzlers? I thought the left was supposed to be more environmentally conscious? That is what the mainstream media always said. Did they lie to me over and over again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 12:15 PM

174 posts, read 61,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When the right loudly declares the intolerance of the white suprmacist groups that associate with right leaning politics.

Folks choose not to notice when Democrat mayors come out and loudly and vocally tell the rioters to 'go home'.
How many white supremacists are burning down cities and assaulting and killing people?
How many white supremacists groups have cover from politicians and the media and get the police to stand down from enforcing the laws they break?
How many white supremacists have set up autonomous zones in major cities in recent history (or EVER?)
How many white supremacist groups have the backing of academia in our universities?
How many white supremacist groups have had ANY real power or influence to do much of anything in the last 40-50 years?

I know you'd like there to be some equivalence there so you can dodge responsibility but there really is not.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:19 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
How many white supremacists are burning down cities and assaulting and killing people?
How many white supremacists groups have cover from politicians and the media and get the police to stand down from enforcing the laws they break?
How many white supremacists have set up autonomous zones in major cities in recent history (or EVER?)
How many white supremacist groups have the backing of academia in our universities?
How many white supremacist groups have had ANY real power or influence to do much of anything in the last 40-50 years.
Exactly. From what I can remember, the idiot that ran down the girl in Charlotte last year, and Timothy McVeigh , although I'm not sure if he was a white supremacist.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. From what I can remember, the idiot that ran down the girl in Charlotte last year, and Timothy McVeigh , although I'm not sure if he was a white supremacist.
..and these people aren't exactly celebrated by the right, like left wing radicals are by the left.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:20 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When the right loudly declares the intolerance of the white suprmacist groups that associate with right leaning politics.

Folks choose not to notice when Democrat mayors come out and loudly and vocally tell the rioters to 'go home'.
How's that working out for people in Seattle and Portland?

Old 07-20-2020, 01:20 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
..and these people aren't exactly celebrated by the right, like left wing radicals are by the left.
Exactly.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:26 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
They never will

- the left does not have anything so they don't care about destroying things.
- the left doesn't work so they have plenty of time and energy for these things.
- the left doesn't believe in law and reason -- only "feelings"
- the left doesn't care about violence as a concept if they can be violent agains people they don't like.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:27 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
When a demolybtaud is elected to office.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:31 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
The moment the protests stop being called for, I'll stop supporting them.

Instead, all that seems to be happening is Trump escalating the issue.
No appeasement or capitulation will be offered I think. It won't be long before actual bullets start flying. Then the actual overwhelming of hospital emergency rooms might come to fruition.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
The moment the protests stop being called for, I'll stop supporting them.

Instead, all that seems to be happening is Trump escalating the issue.
So he's just supposed to let cities burn until the rioters decide to stop?
Once again, I'll ask.. how many lives need to be lost? How many billions of dollars in damage is enough?

If someone were setting your house on fire and you had to use force to stop them, would you consider that "escalating" the situation"?
The problem is that many on the left refused to see a problem and the rioters didn't suffer any real consequences for their actions, so it continued. When is it supposed to stop?
Trump isn't escalating, he's doing what these democrat politicians should have done five minutes after it started.

It Trump's response is incorrect. What is YOUR solution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies