Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 04:29 PM

866 posts, read 320,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When the right loudly declares the intolerance of the white suprmacist groups that associate with right leaning politics.

Folks choose not to notice when Democrat mayors come out and loudly and vocally tell the rioters to 'go home'.
This is a really poor attempt to spin the discussion.

The right has always denounced violent groups from the right and the left. The current violence is all from the left. Weak mayors saying go home without having the balls to arrest and prosecute the looters and rioters is useless.

There should have been mass arrests on day 1 of the looting and rioting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 04:31 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterplease909 View Post
Well I'm an American and I'm mad that it's happening in America even if it is not where I happen to live.
The people who live in those places deserve better.

I'm not a Trump fan but I'm willing to admit when he is right and he is right to put a stop to this if the local dems will not.
Yes. It drives me crazy when people say, "Well, it's not happening here, so..." Or that it's a small percentage of cities overall. That's not the point! What if it were happening to you??

Quote:
It really doesn't matter what the reason for the "protest" is for anyway. They could be protesting for world peace but once the first brick is thrown and the first fire is set, it becomes an unlawful riot and it should be put down with whatever force is needed.
The very MOMENT I heard of a protest forming, peaceful or not, I thought to myself, They'd better keep on top of that or it's not going to end well. Every time I hear of protests, especially if based on race, Reginald Denny immediately springs to mind. Little did I know how far some of these stupid officials would let it go.

Same with the Seattle mayor. As soon as she made that Summer of Love comment, I just shook my head in disgust and frustration. Again, you know just how it's going to end.

Quote:
These are the same people calling for defunding the police while they have taxpayer paid for personal security.
It's infuriating. How do they look people in the eye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
Democratic Mayors need to do a whole lot more than that. Such as not affirmatively holding the police back and letting them do third jobs. The Mayors are afraid to go against their base and it is shameful.
I'd really like to know what's going on inside their heads. What are they thinking? Do they feel any guilt at all for the destruction, injuries and deaths they've allowed to happen? Little babies are (still) being shot to death. How do they sleep at night? I will never forgive some of these people for how they've treated their citizens.

I also realize how ironic my words might sound because this whole thing ignited from George Floyd's death and how he was treated during the arrest, and I always feel I have to make it clear that I found that policeman's actions unjustified, as I think the majority of people do.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:32 PM

1,941 posts, read 827,453 times
Quote:
At what point do the moderates and even some of the extremists on the left say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and start speaking out against the rioting, destruction and violence?

They won't. They don't want to be cancelled!

Old 07-20-2020, 04:34 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
At what point do the moderates and even some of the extremists on the left say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and start speaking out against the rioting, destruction and violence?

How many more innocent people, including children have to be killed?
How many more billions of dollars of property damage and vandalism needs to occur?
How many more of our once beautiful cities need to look like 3rd world, war zones?
How much does opportunistic crime need to rise because you thought "defund the police" was a good idea?
How many more illegal autonomous zones or illegal road/freeway closures to we need?

Is it worth watching your country burn and see people injured and killed, just to spite Trump?
Aren't you bright enough to realize it helps him because he can sell himself as the alternative to this madness?

Aren't you bright enough to realize that absolutely nobody thinks these are peaceful protests anymore?

This is YOUR mess. These are YOUR people out there apologizing, enabling and excusing them.
When do YOU say enough is enough?
Honesty it has zero impact on my decision making. Too busy being angry about other stuff. My state has nothing going on other than a sign holder here and there.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:40 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
Except conspiracy theories don't cause billions of dollars of damage, put people in the hospital or the morgue and ruin once great American cities.
Conspiracy theories about the environment cause trillion dollars of damage.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:44 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yes. It drives me crazy when people say, "Well, it's not happening here, so..." Or that it's a small percentage of cities overall. That's not the point! What if it were happening to you??
The lack of self-awareness is astounding.

Yes, WHAT IF IT WERE HAPPENING TO YOU? If you were in a chokehold and couldn't breathe? If somebody came to your door and just started shooting through it? If somebody shot you from a car because you had been looking at a house? If somebody attacked you because you were wearing a hoodie?

You think you might act differently IF IT WERE HAPPENING TO YOU?

Old 07-20-2020, 04:58 PM

23,995 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
How many more people need to die (including children) FROM the rioters before it's stopped?
Where is the outrage for the innocent victims that have already been lost?
I'm still stuck at outraged back when Emmett Till was murdered due to a lie.

Then Joe Campos Torres. At least these cops were convicted.

Trying to see and understand all sides.

When we all start believing that Pledge stuff about liberty and justice for all, I guess.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:01 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When the right loudly declares the intolerance of the white suprmacist groups that associate with right leaning politics.

Folks choose not to notice when Democrat mayors come out and loudly and vocally tell the rioters to 'go home'.
Show me examples of that please. I’ll wait.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:07 PM

23,635 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
How many more people need to die (including children) FROM the rioters before it's stopped?
Where is the outrage for the innocent victims that have already been lost?
They are comfortable sacrificing other people's children.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:08 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
They aren't speaking up because, even though they are upset with what they are seeing, deep down inside, they truly believe it's President Trump / Republican's fault.

I have friends who are hard-core demolibs and they absolutely hate to read about what's going on across the country in regards to defunding law enforcement, the riots, looting, CHOP/CHAZ, etc. etc. But at the end of the day, they still default to all this chaos being President Trump's / Republican's fault. And then they do absolutely nothing to stop the chaos. Because they follow and whole heartedly believe what top demolib leadership rhetoric tells them to believe and how to think.
It’s like the drunken guy who punches his wife for saying something about his drinking and saying “Look what you made me do!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies