Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2020, 01:02 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yes, I know,,, we will never agree, because you think MrT can do what he wants. Does he have control of the agencies,, he does. BUT to me this is personal, and for his base.
In one way this may play against him. I am not sure the guys/gals with the tactical gear agree either, BUT they will NEVER open their mouths to say different. It is what it is.

We shall see in Nov.
ahh, you see I bet there are many things we'd agree on. Or, should I say, that I would agree with you on. Whether you'd agree with me is up to you.

The reason for lack of personal viewable ID and use of unmarked cars is obvious - doxxing and damage/obstruction to official vehicles.

I'd like to think we agree there's a reasonable distance of enforcement.

I know I'd agree with you that they shouldn't be dealing with legal peaceful protestors, or going out the next morning to people's homes to arrest them. But there's been no reports of these happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 01:03 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
If someone without identification, who doesn't respond to questions steps out of an unmarked van and tries to shove a person into that van, it's entirely reasonable for them to expect to be met with force. The goal of this is to stir up more conflict, and divide the country, otherwise the federal response would not be this poorly done.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:04 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I don't think that will fly unless they were running towards the courthouse with Molotov cocktails in hand.
so once they throw the Molotov cocktail that works and run back across the street to the park, you don't believe the Feds should go catch them? Like hide and seek with a home base?

Old 07-22-2020, 01:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
It's unbelievable how people who didn't post any outrage by the violence and destruction done by these idiots on the street are suddenly outraged when the feds go in to try and restore some order.

Hope this destruction and violence takes place on your street next.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:07 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Unidentified federal agents are detaining protesters in Portland"

They ARE identified. Another LSM lie.

Today the DHS claimed they are identified because they have a barcode that says who they are.

Without any idenitifiable information on them when you go and say for example that a vehicle full of folks in military outfits raped you, you could say who they were, or have a badge number, etc.

Without it? These folks can simply do anything they want....with no accountability. BTW, these "federal agents"? They can have things saying "police" on them, or border patrol, or whatever. It VARIES.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:09 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Well, before there is an investigation, there has to be an actual crime to investigate. What is it? What is the crime?

You leftists use investigations as indicators of your rage against not getting your way. Too f--king bad. You launch investigations that LOOK for crimes which is right out of the USSR/CCP playbook. That's who you are.
You right wingers love to call names so what Federal Crime was committed to justify sending Federal Law Enforcement in you have yet to answer that simple question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You don’t know what CBP is? The federal agents in Portland are members of BORTAC under CBP Border Patrol.
And seeing they are a "tactical unit of the United States Border Patrol," what border related issue was occurring in Portland?

Old 07-22-2020, 01:19 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's unbelievable how people who didn't post any outrage by the violence and destruction done by these idiots on the street are suddenly outraged when the feds go in to try and restore some order.

Hope this destruction and violence takes place on your street next.

I'm trying to figure this out. How did so many people grow to hate our country and government ? It can't be just Trump, that is just pure stupidity and blind hatred if it is. What did the bad orange man do to ruin these peoples lives to the point they go out and riot in the middle of the night for 50 days ?

And as far as these ignorant individuals that keep saying the feds are kidnapping innocent peaceful protesters...why aren't there videos of someone standing on the sidewalk during the day calmly holding a sign up, getting tackled and thrown in a van ( Old School movie style) ? Instead , we see snippets of a video, in the middle of the night of some dork dressed in black with a helmet and goggles on calmly being detained arrested, who knows because there wasn't any sounds. I've asked this several times. Why are these people protesting at 3:00 am dressed up like mall ninjas with helmets and goggles on ? And we've seen some of the weapons that have been taken from them. Why is this needed for a peaceful protest ?

Old 07-22-2020, 01:20 PM

3,336 posts, read 2,138,222 times
With more than 50 consecutive nights of violence administered by Acolytes of the Woke Cult of Anarchy, I'm finding myself having a difficult time mustering sympathy for the temporary detention of after-hours criminals, who, like vampires seem capable of thriving only so long as they're engaged in irrational mayhem under cover of darkness.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:22 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
You right wingers love to call names so what Federal Crime was committed to justify sending Federal Law Enforcement in you have yet to answer that simple question...

And seeing they are a "tactical unit of the United States Border Patrol," what border related issue was occurring in Portland?
I work for CBP for almost 6 years, and former deputy for LASD.

Do you think CBP only job is at the border? We have people on the border, within interior of the US, and oversea.

And this is CBP legal authority
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/40/1315

Old 07-22-2020, 01:27 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
And this
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/19/1589a

Quote:
warrant, subpena, summons, or other process issued under the authority of the United States;

(3)

make an arrest without a warrant for any offense against the United States committed in the officer’s presence or for a felony, cognizable under the laws of the United States committed outside the officer’s presence if the officer has reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing a felony; and
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies