Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 07:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
But you know what's even worse than those of us you're criticizing? Standing in sewage and preaching to everyone else how stupid they are for standing in sewage.
The problem is you guys aren't stupid.

If you were I wouldn't be standing on the street corner screaming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Bc that's a smoke screen. There was never any concern about this being a govt plot for control. This is 100% virtue signaling for Trumo supporters. That's it. There wasn't a loftier purpose. All this was just to make Trump look LESS incompetent.
That's actually an interesting theory.

I'm sure there's some of that in there.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:04 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Republicans are idiots.

That doesn't exclude Democrats from being idiots though.

It's not a mutually exclusive paradigm.

And Volobjectarian is going to agree with me on that.

Just when one team seems to have the moral/logical high ground (which in theory should be Republicans most of the time) they somehow make things so much worse that you are just left speechless...if you're a sane impartial observer.

That's the point of all this.
Of course I agree, but I think where folks living outside Anarchistan would see our respective contributions to this discussion being different is you ask the question in terms of the right, while I make sure to mention my balanced, neutral, virulent hatred of both parties whenever possible. Your lack of doing so, in this discussion specifically, leads some to believe you prefer one over the other. Of course you and I know that is nonsense, but the whole "silence = guilt" thing is pervasive these days, so you gotta virtue signal bro. Sling the hate, and let people know what's up.

Republicans have a platform that suggests a higher moral ground than the Democrat platform, but platforms are to governing as unicorns are to farm animals in Kansas. Oddly, the lack of following a platform in the name of being tyrannical plutocrats favors the Democrats for logical consistency, even if they are the same brand of moral cowards the Republicans are. Their stated platform includes more big government tyranny, but they claim it is for the good of others instead of the actual purpose of lining their sociopathic pockets. So they are still immoral and absurd, but they somehow end up being more honest, by accident.

I think partisans simply invent narratives that soothe the discomfort of cognitive dissonance. So the pure right partisan makes themselves sleep better at night by thinking of the grand covid conspiracy created to foil their chosen demigod. Both sides have partisans who believe in the deity-esque powers of the presidency, and the supporters of a chosen demigod must invent these tales to explain why their demigod fails at doing godly things, like Trump failing to suspend the natural physical law of entropy.

Critics have it way easier - everything is the fault of the bad man they hate. No cog-diss to hate on someone, because that feeds an inner monologue rather than violating it. The supporters have it rougher. They have to rationalize the moral and logical failings of their guy constantly, since every last one of these clowns is morally, logically and intellectually bankrupt. The more faithful the believer, the more elaborate the tales they need to tell themselves.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
The problem is you guys aren't stupid.

If you were I wouldn't be standing on the street corner screaming.
Quit screaming as though you're not standing in the same dung as the rest of us.

If you took off for greener pastures it would be one thing. But you're the guy in class telling everyone else how stupid they are for going to school.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:27 PM

13,620 posts, read 4,937,539 times
Quote:
I don't get this theory by the Right/Cons/Republicans when it comes to Covid. They think the government, in conjunction with the media, has manufactured Covid to gain control over the population.

"Government overreach" is the term I read and hear all the time coming from the Right.

It varies in how extreme they take it. We have posters saying it's real but question the numbers, try to deflect blame away from Trump, etc. Then we have other posters who say it isn't even real.

This thread is in no way a defense of the media or the Democratic Party. Those two entities can, and have, raped/robbed/killed with the best of them throughout history.

I guess my question is this: Why would the government, especially in 2020, need to specifically create a crisis to gain more control over people?

We first learned we are nothing more than slaves to these people in 1791 (the Whiskey Rebellion). Since then there have been numerous blows to the freedom of the individual. Lincoln's war, his first federal income tax, and not to mention him jailing the media. Wilson's Federal Reserve, FDR's imprisonment of American citizens, Nixon's crimes, LBJ's so-called Great Society, Bush's WMD, etc.

You've been raped, robbed, and killed over and over and over again.

And you've taken it lying it down. You're happy with the status quo. You continue to vote. You continue to believe in the system. They take and take...and you comply.

So let me be clear: While I'm not discounting the State's eagerness to use naturally occurring events as a means to be opportunistic and fatten their bellies at our expense I simply don't believe that it's necessary to invent every single thing that goes wrong in the world for political gain.

They manufactured the Civil War, the Federal Reserve, and some other things out of thin air.

Covid?

Nah. It happens because s*it happens.

I just think it's disingenuous and quite foolish to believe there isn't a difference there.

If anything, I would think these events, regardless of they are planned or not, would show how incompetent the State is to both sides of the aisle. Take it from an anarchist who is never happy with any government response. But the team players just seem to forget and move on. The government knows you're whipped. They'll create fake stuff but sometimes blank happens naturally. The fact that both teams can recognize this from time to time would lead one to believe that perhaps the notion of government is the problem...not just which team is winning the propaganda war.
It blows my mind how many gullible conspiracy theorists there are in this country.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:00 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
No_Recess still carrying water for his bosses on Team Blue. Good times!

Old 07-27-2020, 09:33 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,735,718 times
They got lucky with the Wuhan virus in that it "went viral" as the word spread and people freaked out. It is why the Dems have been desperate for decades to gain control of health care and they have, effectively making everyone debt slaves if not for a Federal ruling declaring the mandate a tax. They know they can control behavior via health care, and they fully intend to do so. Again, they got lucky with this one and it will certainly be used as justification to go all out if Biden wins. And heck, since Trump couldn't eliminate the mandate, it will return at some point.

And you're also correct, Americans will just accept it like they always have. Masks? This is only the beginning I suspect.

It wasn't created, but let no crisis go to waste.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Quit screaming as though you're not standing in the same dung as the rest of us.

If you took off for greener pastures it would be one thing. But you're the guy in class telling everyone else how stupid they are for going to school.
One day you'll see my side of this.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Of course I agree, but I think where folks living outside Anarchistan would see our respective contributions to this discussion being different is you ask the question in terms of the right, while I make sure to mention my balanced, neutral, virulent hatred of both parties whenever possible. Your lack of doing so, in this discussion specifically, leads some to believe you prefer one over the other. Of course you and I know that is nonsense, but the whole "silence = guilt" thing is pervasive these days, so you gotta virtue signal bro. Sling the hate, and let people know what's up.
We've talked about this. I find myself rooting for Biden to win simply due to fatigue and more importantly to be reminded what narcissistic sociopaths with no regard for liberty the Democrats are once they get the captain's chair.

I had the same fatigue with Obama and rooted for Trump to win. 4 years later, I just need to hit the reset button.

Quote:
Republicans have a platform that suggests a higher moral ground than the Democrat platform, but platforms are to governing as unicorns are to farm animals in Kansas. Oddly, the lack of following a platform in the name of being tyrannical plutocrats favors the Democrats for logical consistency, even if they are the same brand of moral cowards the Republicans are. Their stated platform includes more big government tyranny, but they claim it is for the good of others instead of the actual purpose of lining their sociopathic pockets. So they are still immoral and absurd, but they somehow end up being more honest, by accident.
And we've talked about this as well. It's a common theme among us anarchists (Dave Smith, Tom Woods, and Michael Malice have all hinted or heavily implied your sentiments).

And those sentiments are this: The Democrats/Left/Liberals say what they mean and mean what they say.

It's diametrically opposed to capitalism, freedom, and the rights of the individual but one can always find solace in their openness...even if it's putting a shank in your belly as they look in you in the eye. That's the key: they look you in the eye.

More honest by accident...that's exactly right.

Republicans are a weird bunch. That's the impetus of this thread. I "get" Democrats. Maybe that's from a lifetime of growing up and living, to this day, in their dens of Marxism. There's actually some likable ones that mean well. You're right. They feel like they're doing the right thing.

Time and time again Republicans have the chance to show the world the moral and logical high ground (though within statism there is no such thing but you know what I mean) and they lay an egg.

At a time when Cuomo and de Blasio literally killed tens of thousands of people and we have BLM morons burning down anything that's flammable screeching racism Republicans can't seem to get out of their own way. Lysol Man does himself no favors but as I already noted he could cure cancer and Covid tomorrow and CNN would ask why he didn't wipeout those two afflictions sooner.

Quote:
I think partisans simply invent narratives that soothe the discomfort of cognitive dissonance. So the pure right partisan makes themselves sleep better at night by thinking of the grand covid conspiracy created to foil their chosen demigod. Both sides have partisans who believe in the deity-esque powers of the presidency, and the supporters of a chosen demigod must invent these tales to explain why their demigod fails at doing godly things, like Trump failing to suspend the natural physical law of entropy.

Critics have it way easier - everything is the fault of the bad man they hate. No cog-diss to hate on someone, because that feeds an inner monologue rather than violating it. The supporters have it rougher. They have to rationalize the moral and logical failings of their guy constantly, since every last one of these clowns is morally, logically and intellectually bankrupt. The more faithful the believer, the more elaborate the tales they need to tell themselves.
Agreed.

The thing that gets me is if you stick around long enough, as in 5 seconds, you'll find your guy pulling the same thing as your opponent did earlier in the day.

But that cognitive dissonance thing is a real mother. It gotta be.

Take the mandatory mask issue:

The State has no right to mandate a mask for you at any time but especially when you're on the rightful private property of another. That's the right of the property owner.

Property rights: allegedly Team Red's bread and butter.

So what does Red do? They go nuts inside stores, online, and anywhere else about how they don't have to wear a mask when a property owner asks them to. Grant it, the State is forcing some of these property owners to do so but that's no reason to go insane on the property owner. Take that complaint downtown to your government overlords.

It's a perfect situation to show the world, especially Team Blue, what property rights and individual freedom is all about and they blow it.

They should know better but they're freaking insane. Then Team Blue, who believes in forcing bakers to make wedding cakes, has to remind Team Red of their hypocrisy.

I mean...WTF?

We need hazard pay for dealing with these people.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No_Recess still carrying water for his bosses on Team Blue. Good times!
Yeah, ok.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies