Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 02:02 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
And maybe the best reason.......

It seems the drug manufacturers have been given bubble indemnity in regard to any vaccine produced for Covid.

http://www.rt.com/news/496801-pharma...accine-effect/

If there are any "side effects" attributed to the covid vaccine in the future, you're on your own.

edit: same article available in multiple places on the net, this link was easiest to read, in case some have issues with rt.

CN
The link you supplied points out that the drug manufacturers have indemnity with any vaccine, not just the Covid one. Your title and post implies otherwise. You should have made this clear.

Quote:
America, meanwhile, is way ahead of the curve here – they have a special legal framework in which no pharmaceutical companies face lawsuits for side effects of vaccines in case of ‘public health emergencies’. This legislation, known as the PREP Act, was the product of a massive lobbying effort from the US pharmaceutical industry, and was introduced despite vigorous opposition from consumer groups. Unless the vaccine maker intentionally murders or injures you – willful misconduct – you cannot sue them.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:14 PM

8,243 posts, read 3,497,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Schools already require vaccinations to enroll. This surely will be added to that list. Open your eyes just a little. I can see a mandate all over the world for vaccination this is not some plot playing out only in America. And if is safe I have no issue getting it. My issue is knowing if it is safe.
Bill Gates wants to use biometric tattoos that are scanned with a device to show if you have the vaccine. You won't be able to buy groceries without this mark/tattoo.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Bill Gates wants to use biometric tattoos that are scanned with a device to show if you have the vaccine. You won't be able to buy groceries without this mark/tattoo.
If true...Just another reason to avoid having the State mandate business licensing and currency, eh folks?

Or is that too risky and scary. You know, that freedom thing.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:50 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Source?

The tattoo is geared toward countries that lack good infrastructure for keeping vaccine records.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:48 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,367,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
And maybe the best reason.......

It seems the drug manufacturers have been given bubble indemnity in regard to any vaccine produced for Covid.

www.rt.com/news/496801-pharma-not-accountable-vaccine-effect/

If there are any "side effects" attributed to the covid vaccine in the future, you're on your own.

edit: same article available in multiple places on the net, this link was easiest to read, in case some have issues with rt.

CN

That's exactly the same indemnity that's been given to flu vaccine manufacturers for years

This is NO BIG DEAL and NOT another reason to avoid the vaccine.

I'll be first in line when available

You have to be crazy to no be vaccinated

Old 08-03-2020, 04:08 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm not an anti-vaccine type but I'm anti-testing on the masses to rush something to market.

They'll hand over a 12 page release form in the tiniest font available that we have to either sign or will say we agree to by virtue of the fact that we're getting vaccinated and it will indemnify them.

And you just wait - they'll target the black communities first stating the numbers are higher there.

No thanks.
Exactly.

I'm not feeling this at all. They're making a rushed vaccine, then they're basically almost enforcing everyone to take it, whereas it has not been fully tested and vetted and if something does happen, they aren't on the hook?

I'm not willing to take that risk with me or my family. That sounds like some crazy mess.

Why the rush for the vaccine? If it won't be proven to work, why are they rushing it out?

It doesn't make any sense.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:40 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Exactly.

I'm not feeling this at all. They're making a rushed vaccine, then they're basically almost enforcing everyone to take it, whereas it has not been fully tested and vetted and if something does happen, they aren't on the hook?

I'm not willing to take that risk with me or my family. That sounds like some crazy mess.

Why the rush for the vaccine? If it won't be proven to work, why are they rushing it out?

No one is enforcing anything. Where did you get that idea?

Old 08-03-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Exactly.

It will not be approved if it will not work. The minimum the FDA will accept is 50% effective, and the most promising candidates look to easily beat that.

They are "rushing it out" so people can go back to living their (new) normal lives, including going back to work, children going back to school, and restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues reopening. Isn't that what everyone wants?

The testing is being done, just in a compressed time frame. Is there possibly increased risk from a new vaccine tested in that way? Yes. Is it probable that the vaccine will be riskier than COVID-19? No.

No one is "enforcing" anything, but if you want things to be (nearly) normal you better hope that enough people are willing to take approved vaccines to create herd immunity.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:48 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
No one is enforcing anything. Where did you get that idea?
Many vaccines are forced already. If you want to join the military, if you want to work in healthcare, or the biggie, if you want to send your kids to school. Now we’ll see someone say, “That’s not force, it’s a condition of participation.” When something is made so prevalent that there’s no realistic way to opt out, that’s force. How many parents have the means, capability, and/or desire to homeschool? Certainly not many.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Many vaccines are forced already. If you want to join the military, if you want to work in healthcare, or the biggie, if you want to send your kids to school. Now we’ll see someone say, “That’s not force, it’s a condition of participation.” When something is made so prevalent that there’s no realistic way to opt out, that’s force. How many parents have the means, capability, and/or desire to homeschool? Certainly not many.
If you really find vaccination so onerous you find a way. Right now those people are being forced to home school all right - by the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies