Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 06:34 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That's where I'm at .^^^ My big thing is the 18yo guy has sex with his 16 or 17 yo girlfriend and has to register as a sex offender.

Things get a bit sticky with adults in their early to mid 20s and "teens". That goes for men and women. Older women having sex with teenage boys is NOT uncommon. I saw it happening a lot growing up. Nobody ever flipped out over it.

As a teenager it never happened to me personally but I had friends who it did. More than one. But all through my 20s I dated women from early 30s to mid 40s.

But that's not really what the subject is here. Men or women that are having sex with 14 yo when they are full adults is more than odd to me. Not something I can even tacitly condone.

I agree that the 18 year old guy with the 17 year old girlfriend is a tricky situation, but then again, a lot of 18 year old guys take advantage of their age. They can get the girls to do what they want as it is a status symbol for the girl to be with an older guy. Guys know full well what they are doing when they sleep with an underage girl. Remember the term "jail bait"? Very popular when I was in school.

Also, this may sound sexist, but I believe it is the truth. Girls need to be protected from guys more so than guys need to be protected from girls. Hang around any football locker room and listen to how the guys talk about girls. It is absolutely disturbing. I wish more girls knew how guys talked about them, as they would think twice before being used by them.

As far as older adults with younger, sure saw it happen, but for many guys that could be very destructive and warps their perception of a healthy relationships. This is why minors need to be protected from adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 06:41 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
it is an iffy thing as it does seem an awful lot of kids are having sex at 14 or 15 these days. just not something most parents like to think about. The reality is sex is everywhere in everyones face and with the internet there is no mystery about it to any kid of any age. Many, many moons ago when i was 18 a friends 14 year old sister tried to seduce me multiple times, frankly she was very cute with the looks i have always liked. She was way more experienced sexually then i was but even at 18 the first thing that flashed thru my head was I would be going to jail. It got real awkward there for a while.
Actually, the numbers of kids having sex at those ages is getting lower from stats I've seen. Social media and devices being the culprit as with everything else. More kids spend more time in their houses than they did when I was a teenager.

Old 08-05-2020, 07:06 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I agree that the 18 year old guy with the 17 year old girlfriend is a tricky situation, but then again, a lot of 18 year old guys take advantage of their age. They can get the girls to do what they want as it is a status symbol for the girl to be with an older guy. Guys know full well what they are doing when they sleep with an underage girl. Remember the term "jail bait"? Very popular when I was in school.

Also, this may sound sexist, but I believe it is the truth. Girls need to be protected from guys more so than guys need to be protected from girls. Hang around any football locker room and listen to how the guys talk about girls. It is absolutely disturbing. I wish more girls knew how guys talked about them, as they would think twice before being used by them.

As far as older adults with younger, sure saw it happen, but for many guys that could be very destructive and warps their perception of a healthy relationships. This is why minors need to be protected from adults.

Hmmm. Yes. That's pretty much where I was going. There is one thing though. Yes, guys are pretty crude and crass with locker room talk. That being a broad term.

However girls can be just as bad. Worse in some ways. These days its "cool to be cruel." The whole "cruel girl " mantra. Meaning, to be taken seriously, guys best watch out.

This extends into women that are well into adulthood. I've run into a LOT of them. Can spot one a mile off and I fight plumb shy. I learned my lesson. And I'm a man that does not mistreat or disrespect women and was that way in my youth as well.

Just recently I had an experience with a pair of younger women. Mid 20s i reckon. Why they singled me out especially under the circumstances eludes me. But I'm just to old grumpy and busted up to play silly games with bubble gum poppers in public.

Oh yes, girls dont need near as much protection as you might think. Looking at the young males these days minus a select few I'm thinking the girls see food.

Old 08-05-2020, 07:17 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
I have zero problem with widespread adoption of Romeo and Juliet laws.

An 18 year old shouldn't be labeled as a sex offender/rapist because he had consensual sex with a 16 or 17 year old (depending on the age of consent, that's all it takes in states without Romeo and Juliet laws).

Old 08-05-2020, 07:42 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Not sure what metoo has to do with anything. He wrote this years ago. He's accused of statutory rape. He's done what he could to keep this all quiet or minimize his role, but he's running out of options other than lying. No one I know is defending him.

I think the age of consent should be 18 in every state.
Do you believe that an 18 year-old senior should be Labeled a sex offender for life for having sex with his 16-year-old sophomore girlfriend?

Not defending this but it is a question that needs to be addressed because it is happening as we speak.

Old 08-05-2020, 07:42 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I have zero problem with widespread adoption of Romeo and Juliet laws.

An 18 year old shouldn't be labeled as a sex offender/rapist because he had consensual sex with a 16 or 17 year old (depending on the age of consent, that's all it takes in states without Romeo and Juliet laws).
That's my big sticking point too. And parents will push for prosecution just for revenge or to protect their image. Even if the girl was the initiator.

And it's not right. Ruin someone's life before it starts.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:04 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Again with blaming Trump. Next thing you know, people will be blaming him, in the Recipe thread.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:17 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Again with blaming Trump. Next thing you know, people will be blaming him, in the Recipe thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The dem party is full of pedophiles. They would reduce the age of consent to eight if they could.
Seems to me you got it backwards.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:25 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Dershowitz: The Age of Consent Must Be Lowered, ‘Statutory Rape Is An Outdated Concept’

https://newspunch.com/dershowitz-age...4N04_Aw4IRrUO0

Alan Dershowitz, who stands accused of having sex with multiple alleged Jeffrey Epstein victims, says “statutory rape is an outdated concept” and there should be “Romeo and Juliet exceptions” to statutory rape law.

The age of consent should be lowered to as young as 14 because “voluntary sex is so common in their age group“, according to Dershowitz who published an op-ed titled “Statutory Rape Is An Outdated Concept” in the late 90s.

Years later, Dershowitz defended the column on Twitter, at an awkward time: Dershowitz was a member of the team that got convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein a plea deal that sent him to prison for 18 months in 2007, a sentence that was described as “the deal of the century” amid claims he should have received a much longer sentence.

Dershowitz suggests the age of consent should be lowered to 15, or even 14. Facing a barrage of criticism — for his handling of the Epstein plea deal, for the allegations against him and now for this column — Dershowitz has remained unapologetic.

Where's #metoo???? **crickets**
I am guessing Dershowitz had a rendezvous with a 14 year old girl arranged by Epstein.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:29 AM

6,348 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Good grief.
I know that's extreme. But look at all the rape and sexual assault accusations. 1 in 4 college women have been sexually assaulted. Some say it's 1 in 3. That sounds like the greatest sex crime wave in history. I think it's all bunk to be truthful. But don't extreme measures need to be taken to deal with extreme hysteria?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies