Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 06:48 PM

46,317 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
And thanks to the chickenspit poster who repped me anonymously.

Careful, I agree with you, however I've taken a vacation because of post like these.....

But just remember, because they rep you....well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 06:53 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
In? Just? Twenty? Years?

I just watched my husband go from being about 98% functional (pretty good for an 83 year old man) to institutional level dementia in three months. Don't be insulting. You don't know crap about dementia.
Bunch of Know-it-alls here. Don't pay attention to the Loons, ok.

I just got back from another State - Trump Flags were flying everywhere. Not that, it means anything.

I bought one for my pick up - It's awesome...

Anyway, As I said a few times, I studied Dementia for many years. I work with Dementia Pt's - and Have had a few family members who had it, or have it..

I Lost a very close family member just about a year ago, who had it. It's an awful disease. There are several kinds of Dementia. They had Lewy Body...

My grandfather had it and Now my dad is showing signs. Very difficult to deal with...

Old 08-04-2020, 06:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Careful, I agree with you, however I've taken a vacation because of post like these.....

But just remember, because they rep you....well....

Someone has something to say to me, they need to have the courage to own it.

And I appreciate the rep!

Old 08-04-2020, 06:55 PM

46,317 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If you cannot look at those two videos and conclude that Trump's mental state has gone significantly downhill in the last 20 years, you have blinders on.

I could just as easily say that people like YOU are trying to bring up Biden because YOU are trying to deflect from Trump's blatant mental decline.

Are you in the same mental capability as you were 20 years ago?

Don't BS either, you are not, nobody is.

Provide you non-doctoral excuse as why you don't have any significantly differences in your current state as to 20 years ago.

I'll wait, this should be good.

ETA, if you cannot figure out who your sister is vs. your wife...well....

Old 08-04-2020, 06:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Bunch of Know-it-alls here. Don't pay attention to the Loons, ok.

I just got back from another State - Trump Flags were flying everywhere. Not that, it means anything.

I bought one for my pick up - It's awesome...

Anyway, As I said a few times, I studied Dementia for many years. I work with Dementia Pt's - and Have had a few family members who had it, or have it..

I Lost a very close family member just about a year ago, who had it. It's an awful disease. There are several kinds of Dementia. They had Lewy Body...

My grandfather had it and Now my dad is showing signs. Very difficult to deal with...

It is very difficult. The speed at which it happened and the fact that only two months after my husband was institutionalized, I could no longer even see him. That's what's breathtaking. It's hard to listen to armchair neurologists banter so flippantly about what they think they know about dementia.

Thanks for the support.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:59 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
20 years ago, I was 36. I am virtually the same, if not exactly the same.

You have blinders on if you think the Donald Trump in the 2nd video is the same as the Donald Trump in the first video, sans just a little bit of aging. His deterioration since then is A LOT more than just some natural aging.

My father is 88 and while he's a bit more scatter-brained than he was 30 years ago, when I talk to him on the phone he sounds pretty much the same he did back then. That is NOT the case of the two Donald Trump's in the videos in my OP.

I bet most of the Trumpies in this thread didn't even watch all but a few seconds of the first video. Because if you watch more than just a few seconds of the first video it's stunning how different he was back then. And that's too uncomfortable for Trumpies to admit to themselves.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
20 years ago, I was 36. I am virtually the same, if not exactly the same.

You have blinders on if you think the Donald Trump in the 2nd video is the same as the Donald Trump in the first video, sans just a little bit of aging.

My father is 88 and while he's a bit more scatter-brained than he was 30 years ago, when I talk to him on the phone he sounds pretty much the same he did back then. That is NOT the case of the two Donald Trump's in the videos in my OP.

I bet most of the Trumpies in this thread didn't even watch all but a few seconds of the first video. Because if you watch more than just a few seconds of the first video it's stunning how different he was back then. And that's too uncomfortable for Trumpies to admit to themselves.
I completely agree. I always actually LIKED Trump in the early days, and found him a very interesting person to listen to. I completely enjoyed his interview with Oprah, and then this one posted in this thread.

That guy, is a completely likable, normal guy, capable of interesting conversation and leadership. Compelling.

Those who can't see this really shocking change - I guess aren't looking to see it.

At the very first when Trump announced his candidacy, I thought, well, that's someone I can get behind.

But no. His personality change was really, shocking.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:05 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Trump has changed a lot even since 2016 he actually sounded sane in 2016. The stress of the office is said to take a tremendous toll I think Trump has really become mentally impaired.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:10 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trump has changed a lot even since 2016 he actually sounded sane in 2016. The stress of the office is said to take a tremendous toll I think Trump has really become mentally impaired.
Kind of. But not really. Not the way he sounded 16 years prior.

He has aged in 4 years, but the presidency ages everyone. It's his personality change that's striking over the last 20 years.

Making fun of his female opponents' (who looked perfectly fine) appearances, making fun of that reporter with the disability, coming up with insulting nick names for all his opponents, that's not what ANYONE else was doing.

Stalking Hillary around the stage, physically pushing people away on the stage so he could be in front, that's not a normal person. And that's NOT the man he was in 1999.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:30 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,948,107 times
Quote:

Don't BS either, you are not, nobody is.

Provide you non-doctoral excuse as why you don't have any significantly differences in your current state as to 20 years ago.

I'll wait, this should be good.

ETA, if you cannot figure out who your sister is vs. your wife...well....
Im guessing you voted for trump based on your passionate blind defense of him. I’m also guessing you didn’t watch the videos. My parents are in their 70s and they are in the same mental capability as 20 years ago. Same mental capability is vague anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies