Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2020, 09:27 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times

Advertisements

Judging from her age, she's seen a lot. Including watching thousands of Americans die in Vietnam. It's pathetic that some young people think they are the only ones to face hardships. No wonder some call them crybabies. I rather doubt that's the case with these rioters in Seattle and Portland though. They are hoodlums and the police, if allowed, should make short order of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 09:30 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
This explains the ridiculous tone of your posts "zach 33". You are about 30 years past the expiration date of the moronic teenage attitude.

Unlike right wingers, I don't respect arbitrary authority. Free thinkers don't need to submit to your whimsical beliefs and magical thinking. And if you don't like it, tough cookies. Don't let the door hit you in the behind.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:31 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
This thread has a lot of people conflating individualism with collectivism, and specific events with more general social climate. I do not condone assaulting people with maga hats, or splattering paint on old women who try to dissuade protestors. I would have intervened on behalf of the woman in the OP's video. I respect the elderly, in general, but the time for "talking" about racial injustice, voter suppression, environmental protection and income inequality is over. Most American's who are living on the margins are not lazy, and they are overwhelmingly young, and people of color. If you cannot accept these truths, then your reality is porous, and we have nothing to discuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
If the time for talking is over, what comes next? Think and answer carefully.
All discussion-worthy and action-worthy topics. I wonder how zach would define the issues for each, and what his solutions are.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:34 AM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Unlike right wingers, I don't respect arbitrary authority. Free thinkers don't need to submit to your whimsical beliefs and magical thinking. And if you don't like it, tough cookies. Don't let the door hit you in the behind.
Sounds like some people still have a lot of growing up to do.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:34 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Judging from her age, she's seen a lot. Including watching thousands of Americans die in Vietnam. It's pathetic that some young people think they are the only ones to face hardships. No wonder some call them crybabies. I rather doubt that's the case with these rioters in Seattle and Portland though. They are hoodlums and the police, if allowed, should make short order of them.
Especially a white Portland 20 something today.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:37 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:

I don't know one single "right-winger" who is guilty of anything like respecting arbitrary authority. You have odd ideas about said "right-wingers".

Old 08-08-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
All discussion-worthy and action-worthy topics. I wonder how zach would define the issues for each, and what his solutions are.

I think we can do a lot in terms of policy to address the issues - campaign finance reform, voting rights, bolstering of social safety nets, etc. In time these issues should be resolved through stronger government that is less beholden to corporate interest. If they aren't, we see more civil unrest, more riots in the streets. The old pitchfork to the throat, I would guess.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:44 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
You can act out all you like in your space, but the minute you come into or affect mine then we have an entirely different situation which will be handled. I'm sure there are plenty around who think like me. It's your call. Choices and all that.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You can act out all you like in your space, but the minute you come into or affect mine then we have an entirely different situation which will be handled. I'm sure there are plenty around who think like me. It's your call. Choices and all that.

completely agree and ditto.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:52 AM

291 posts, read 109,397 times
these days everything is pure chaos, too many crazy people not thinking about anything makin internet memes and destroying the president,

where has all the humanity gone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies