Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 08:53 AM

18,823 posts, read 8,484,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
REALLY?

Maybe it's good you're retired...
No, not good, I had to retire to care for my wife. Her Covid disaster was only one of many medical/surgical disasters she has endured since 1/1/17.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:02 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,802,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
BTW good morning to all. Today is yet another day that I don't know 1 single person that is sick with Covid19.
I did hear of a family that had it a couple weeks ago. It was like a mild flu from what I heard.

But no, neither I nor anyone I know, actually knows anyone that even had Covid, let alone died from it.

It's amazing how easily a reasonably intelligent population can be cowed into submission by the Govt and the press....

Actually it's not amazing, it's scary........

Old 08-13-2020, 09:10 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,123,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
No, not good, I had to retire to care for my wife. Her Covid disaster was only one of many medical/surgical disasters she has endured since 1/1/17.
I see you decided not to address your contradictory quotes.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:13 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,948,898 times
Quote:
This is not a clinical thread.

Throughout my practicing years the docs are not commonly at the bedside when a hospital death occurs. We have always relied on nursing staff to tellus about the deceased. And all these years I have believed them. Most likely since I stop getting calls about the patient, and they are no longer in their beds when I come around on rounds the next day. I don't require it, but many times I get further confirmation soon in our paper with an obituary.
C'mon now... you were the one that brought up your experience in dealing with patients that had the flu. And you were the one that used the phrase "as a doc", apparently to try and use experience as your claim to expertise.

Your experience as a Doctor in dealing with the flu is pretty irrelevant when you can't compare and contrast it with your experience in dealing with Covid19, wouldn't you agree?

Old 08-13-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I see you decided not to address your contradictory quotes.
Which were those?

Old 08-13-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
C'mon now... you were the one that brought up your experience in dealing with patients that had the flu. And you were the one that used the phrase "as a doc", apparently to try and use experience as your claim to expertise.

Your experience as a Doctor in dealing with the flu is pretty irrelevant when you can't compare and contrast it with your experience in dealing with Covid19, wouldn't you agree?
No doc in the world had experience with this virus until Nov of last year. I learn by reading, the related studies and literature and discussing with other docs and HC people.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:30 AM

1,231 posts, read 449,230 times
Quote:
BTW good morning to all. Today is yet another day that I don't know 1 single person that is sick with Covid19.
Just because you don't know someone doesn't mean it isn't real. That you think that just because you personally don't know anybody with covid is highly narcissistic

Old 08-13-2020, 09:36 AM

1,231 posts, read 449,230 times
I don't personally know anybody sick with cancer but that doesn't mean I'm narcissistic enough to think that nobody has it if I don't know anybody who does

If you think you know the current inflation rate please let us know. Since you seem to know what it is. Thank you very much Advanced for letting us know.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:43 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,948,898 times
Quote:
No doc in the world had experience with this virus until Nov of last year. I learn by reading, the related studies and literature and discussing with other docs and HC people.
In other words, you have no direct knowledge of Covid19 that your status as a former Doctor affords you, other than (maybe) some contacts in the field that the normal person doesn't have access to.
In short, you are pretty much evaluating this thing the same way that everyone else is.

That's fine. I would say, however, that from now on you probably shouldn't try to leverage experience that you do not have, and your medical expertise in this area, as having relevance to your stated position on Covid19.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:46 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,825,519 times
Just returned home from the mechanic's shop in my itty bitty red rural town. The owner is on a ventilator. He wasn't sick prior, wasn't on any medications. He is 70, but was healthy as far as I know. The DIL who runs the shop is beside herself, doesn't understand why people won't wear masks, socially distance and take this virus seriously. She told me this morning that she personally knows 40 people who got sick from one church service in the area. One.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies