Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 07:30 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,945,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
As a doc, a Covid survivor, and still caring for my wife's terrible case, I can tell you that in most all cases it was the new virus. Identified by specific swab testing, and then by specific AB testing after recovery. Clinical correlation was made all along the way. In many cases symptoms, clinical, laboratory and radiological findings were unique to the new virus. And not typical of Influenza.

The virus is not an Influenza bug, and definitely more severe and lethal in those predisposed. Yes some of the symptoms are similar to Influenza, and some patients are found with both bugs. But as a doc I've care for 100's of Influenza cases, and can hardly remember anyone dying from it in over 40 years.

The Earth is not flat!
Aren't you retired? Seems like you are trying to appeal to the fallacy of authority here. "As a doc..."

Old 08-13-2020, 07:44 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,465,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
So the CDC's number of flu death each year are FALSE because YOU never saw anyone die of the Flu? Yet, their numbers for Covid are correct though?
They are both estimates. Covid probably closer in real numbers and real time because so many are looking at the data.

I'm now retired. I never said I never saw anyone die of Influenza, but relatively meager numbers. And not just my patients, but my hospital's.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Aren't you retired? Seems like you are trying to appeal to the fallacy of authority here. "As a doc..."
I have a bit of experience caring for patients since 1974.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
I have a bit of experience caring for patients since 1974.
How long have you been retired?
What I'm getting it is this- how many Covid19 patients have you personally cared for in a clinical setting?

Old 08-13-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
How long have you been retired?
What I'm getting it is this- how many Covid19 patients have you personally cared for in a clinical setting?
December. Just 2. Me and my wife. I am no longer the clinical expert at the hospital bedside. But I still have my 2 eyes and a brain.

Your eyes insist on staying closed, and your brain no longer receives and processes legitimate and pertinent Pandemic data.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
December. Just 2. Me and my wife. I am no longer the clinical expert at the hospital bedside. But I still have my 2 eyes and a brain.

Your eyes insist on staying closed, and your brain no longer receives and processes legitimate and pertinent Pandemic data.
You can't be serious...
All throughout this thread you've been saying that you have rarely seen flu cases result in death in a professional setting. Now you admit that you have NEVER seen a Covid19 case result in death.
NEVER. Not even one time.

Wow are you in the tank, doc.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:21 AM

BTW good morning to all. Today is yet another day that I don't know 1 single person that is sick with Covid19.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:22 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
What are you taking about? All those things are open where I live.
Really what movies are open besides Jaws or Jurassic Park? Old movies. The new Wonder Woman was supposed to be out but the anti masker conspiracy theorists have prevented that from happening. No concerts or broadway shows or.plays will be taking place any time soon. No fans at sports games if those are allowed. You really can't take a vacation unless you have the time for 2week quarantine.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:25 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,049 times
Quote:
They are both estimates. Covid probably closer in real numbers and real time because so many are looking at the data.

I'm now retired. I never said I never saw anyone die of Influenza, but relatively meager numbers. And not just my patients, but my hospital's.

REALLY?

Quote:
As a doc, a Covid survivor, and still caring for my wife's terrible case, I can tell you that in most all cases it was the new virus. Identified by specific swab testing, and then by specific AB testing after recovery. Clinical correlation was made all along the way. In many cases symptoms, clinical, laboratory and radiological findings were unique to the new virus. And not typical of Influenza.

The virus is not an Influenza bug, and definitely more severe and lethal in those predisposed. Yes some of the symptoms are similar to Influenza, and some patients are found with both bugs. But as a doc I've care for 100's of Influenza cases, and can hardly remember anyone dying from it in over 40 years.

The Earth is not flat!

Maybe it's good you're retired...

Old 08-13-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
You can't be serious...
All throughout this thread you've been saying that you have rarely seen flu cases result in death in a professional setting. Now you admit that you have NEVER seen a Covid19 case result in death.
NEVER. Not even one time.

Wow are you in the tank, doc.
This is not a clinical thread.

Throughout my practicing years the docs are not commonly at the bedside when a hospital death occurs. We have always relied on nursing staff to tellus about the deceased. And all these years I have believed them. Most likely since I stop getting calls about the patient, and they are no longer in their beds when I come around on rounds the next day. I don't require it, but many times I get further confirmation soon in our paper with an obituary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies