Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2020, 08:01 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,456,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I can't wait until January when this clown is sent packing and we can get the representation we all deserve.
So you can get back to the business of turning America into Chaz?

Higher taxes?
Open borders?
Gun confiscation?

I bet you can't wait.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2020, 08:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,882,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
So you can get back to the business of turning America into Chaz?

Higher taxes?
Open borders?
Gun confiscation?

I bet you can't wait.
LOL! Didn't you forget to include "ending of religion?"

Old 08-09-2020, 08:08 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,754,041 times
Quote:
Before you can lie about something, you have to know exactly what the truth is. Did he? I don't know. I imagine someone writes Trump's speeches like every other president and he trusts they are accurate. Or is there an expectation that Trump "fact-check" his own speechwriters.

You can't divine intent, but you act like you can.

Again, you hold up Trump to a standard of perfection you would NEVER, EVER apply to Biden. LOL.
So you’re saying that Trump has to rely on his speechwriters to know whether he actually did something or not?

It’s been noted that he has made the claim over one hundred times that he is responsible for this program.

It wasn’t true the first time and isn’t true now.
If the general public can determine that this isn’t true, why can’t his speechwriters?

Why keep having him repeat something that isn’t true?
Where’s his family to stop him looking like an addled old man at the mercy of incompetent employees?

Old 08-09-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
LOL! Didn't you forget to include "ending of religion?"
Well, curtailing free speech. And not really ending religion, just making it harder to practice, like they are doing now.

I mean. You can't refute my points. We have democrats on record saying they want to do ALL those things. Now, of course democrats aren't saying they want "open borders" they just want to catch and release people who breach the border into the US. Same difference.

That is anti-American. Anything that goes against our sovereignty, capitalism, and the constitution is anti-American. And leftists are anti-American.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:17 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,882,511 times
Quote:
Well, curtailing free speech. And not really ending religion, just making it harder to practice, like they are doing now.

I mean. You can't refute my points. We have democrats on record saying they want to do ALL those things. Now, of course democrats aren't saying they want "open borders" they just want to catch and release people who breach the border into the US. Same difference.

That is anti-American. Anything that goes against our sovereignty, capitalism, and the constitution is anti-American. And leftists are anti-American.
Trump closed our borders all right! We are banned from Canada, Australia, Mexico and European countries!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexand.../#149492477ea9

Old 08-09-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So you’re saying that Trump has to rely on his speechwriters to know whether he actually did something or not?

It’s been noted that he has made the claim over one hundred times that he is responsible for this program.

It wasn’t true the first time and isn’t true now.
If the general public can determine that this isn’t true, why can’t his speechwriters?

Why keep having him repeat something that isn’t true?
Where’s his family to stop him looking like an addled old man at the mercy of incompetent employees?
Well, he should do his best to be accurate. The general public is really fact-checking his speech writers and then holding up Trump to an impossible standard of 100% accuracy.

The bottom line is. I don't care. Other Trump supporters don't care. I'm still voting for him over the Alzheimers candidate.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Trump closed our borders all right! We are banned from Canada, Australia, Mexico and European countries!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexand.../#149492477ea9
Who cares? I bet our money and federal aid isn't banned, is it?

Old 08-09-2020, 08:24 AM

I mean, you people want to defund the police. Who cares about Trump's boasts? I'd rather him think he did something he didn't than see the f--king police dismantled across the nation! How moronic is that!!

Old 08-09-2020, 08:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,754,041 times
Quote:
Well, he should do his best to be accurate. The general public is really fact-checking his speech writers and then holding up Trump to an impossible standard of 100% accuracy.

The bottom line is. I don't care. Other Trump supporters don't care. I'm still voting for him over the Alzheimers candidate.
He’s repeated the same lie over one hundred times.
How is noting that holding him up to an “impossible standard?”

If this is all the fault of his speechwriters, why is that okay with Trump?

Why doesn’t he care that the people who are being paid to present him in the best light aren’t doing so?

Maybe he doesn’t remember from one speech to the next.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:31 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,711,854 times
Quote:
Do your eyes and ears lie to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2-rUZIwOAc
Do you lie to me is the better question ?

I don't care who signed what but do care who delivered the results !!! I've been getting healthcare at the VA for decades and until Trump got involved in the VA was never offered any choice outside the VA for anything except in an emergency situation at the nearest ER, that the VA would pay for !!!
Fact : Trump took action that changed that !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies