Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 03:47 AM

7,500 posts, read 7,193,616 times

Advertisements

LMAo. Definitely seems to require attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
Trump is truly pathetic. He can't handle any sort of criticism or pressure. He withers like a cheap suit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 04:07 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Then why didn't Trump give that answer to the reporter? Instead he walked away defeated.
I have no way to answer your question because, at what appears to be the end of his speech, there is a break in the video, so who knows what was edited out.

Meanwhile, the reporter was accusing him of a false statement, i.e., that he passed veteran's choice.

Trump in his speech repeatedly refers to it as "choice" and, in essence, that's exactly what it is because that is what it does.

How much of his day should he devote to being called a liar by a ****ing CNN reporter?

Veterans and the people in their lives will know that Trump fixed Obama's scandal ridden VA with the permanent legislation he signed.

A mere 16% of those polled deem CNN “very believable” while 22% claim that the network is “somewhat believable.” In the “very believable” category, that is even lower than MSNBC, which has been found by Pew Research to contain a frighteningly unsettling opinion-to-news-ratio. Fox News came in with 25% for both categories.

https://www.mic.com/articles/38869/c...-to-a-new-poll

Old 08-10-2020, 04:12 AM

7,500 posts, read 7,193,616 times
No he was once again just trying to dodge an issue.

Old 08-10-2020, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's only an extension.
Trump had absolutely nothing to do with writing the law that was extended, but he claims he did.

Correct.

Presidents don't write legislation.

Congress does that.

Presidents sign legislation written by the legislature into law.

In Trump-speak, he refers to the legislation as "Choice" and states that "We got it done!"

If you want to split hairs, go ahead.

If Democrats want to take credit for the failed Sanders-McCain pilot program, that's fine too.

A massive VA reform bill passed last month by Congress aims to finally fix the problem. The VA Mission Act overhauls Choice and instructs the VA to implement a new program for private-sector care by next summer.
https://www.stripes.com/news/us/vete...-bill-1.535955

Old 08-10-2020, 10:50 AM

13,218 posts, read 21,842,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I have no way to answer your question because, at what appears to be the end of his speech, there is a break in the video, so who knows what was edited out.
If you don't like that clip taken with two cameras, here's the CBS News version of the clip with no camera changes. Just one camera focused on Trump during the question and showing the same exact thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qJjU3Fpd1k

Quote:
Meanwhile, the reporter was accusing him of a false statement, i.e., that he passed veteran's choice.

Trump in his speech repeatedly refers to it as "choice" and, in essence, that's exactly what it is because that is what it does.

How much of his day should he devote to being called a liar by a ****ing CNN reporter?
Suddenly when put on the spot he's got something better to do? Like what, send some important Tweets?
Face it, he intrinsically validated the reporter's claim by walking away without addressing it. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been news.

Quote:
Veterans and the people in their lives will know that Trump fixed Obama's scandal ridden VA with the permanent legislation he signed.
What about, what about, what about...
Quote:

A mere 16% of those polled deem CNN “very believable” while 22% claim that the network is “somewhat believable.” In the “very believable” category, that is even lower than MSNBC, which has been found by Pew Research to contain a frighteningly unsettling opinion-to-news-ratio. Fox News came in with 25% for both categories.

https://www.mic.com/articles/38869/c...-to-a-new-poll
You've just cited a poll from 2013 specifically about the believability of the coverage of a single news event, the Boston Marathon Bomber. Talk about cherry picking! Trying to discredit CNN as a rebuttal is off-topic and childish. But since you've opened the door, let's take a look at some more contemporary facts compiled in 2020 by Pew Research, shall we?

" 40% of adults say they distrust Fox News – the highest share out of the 30 media outlets asked about in the survey, ahead of CNN (32%) and the Rush Limbaugh radio show (29%)."

Link: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...bout-fox-news/

See? You're not the only one who can cherry pick.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:25 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,425,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
When I was in the third grade (which was in the 1960s), I got up a couple of times...irrespective of what else was going on in class...to get a drink of water.

Each time, the teacher made me stare, in the back of the classroom, at a poster of Abraham Lincoln for a few minutes.

I stopped getting up to get a drink of water in class at inopportune times.

When Trump does the bolded above, he sounds like a fifth grader being forced to stand in front of the class and read a statement.
He doesnt like being fact checked. He knows he's lying most of the time.

Remember holding your hand over your heart and with the class you said the Pledge of Allegiance. Imagine Trump doing that with a straight face.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
One of these 2 is clearly in physical and mental decline....hint: It isn't the guy riding a bike...

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...933708804?s=20

More need-based reality?

Old 08-10-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
All of this just confirms for me that Trump is not particularly invested in the presidency or knowledgable about his administration’s priorities and accomplishments. I think it will come as a great relief to the president if he fails in his bid for re-election, although he is unlikely to admit it publicly.
To me it indicates that he isn't particularly invested in DC's head game horse ****.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I’m a disabled combat vet, still working a normal 40 hour day job and I’ve used the VA’s Community Care program with great results.

Over the past few years, the healthcare from the VA, either from out sourced medical care or actual care at a VA facility has been greatly improved from what it was under both Bush Jr. and Obama. I no longer need to wait for 2-3 months to be seen. If I have an issue, in need of immediate care, it’s done in that day. If I just need to see somebody, that’s done within a week.

A little know fact is that depending on your service, wartime/peacetime, the type of discharge or the level(s) of your injuries, directly linked to your military service and the percentage of your disabilities do effect your priority at the VA. A veteran who was wounded in battle or a veteran injured in a nighttime parachute Jump accident has more priority in treatment than say a veteran who blew out his/her knee playing volleyball on the weekend or racing his/her motorcycle off duty and crashed.

With my civilian job, I have good health insurance, but I choose to use the VA as my primary care provider since my disability is high enough that qualifies me for this service. And more important, I’m happy with the service they provide.. Btw, since I have private health insurance, the VA charges my insurance company for some of my healthcare need, which is fine since there are many vets that do not have the financial means to pay for any of their needed treatments. If this helps out the system, than it’s a good deal for all veterans.

Liberals and most of the Democrats couldn’t care less about veterans and attempting to spread disinformation to any “low information” voter who is too simple minded to actually look into the matter for themselves to find out the real truth, is their goal, especially this close to the national elections.

The bottom line is that the VA’s healthcare system is the best it’s ever been... And that’s the God’s truth.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Trump is the one who signed the much better community care program which replaced the crappy veterans choice program..another nothingburger! Would you like fries with that?
That's the whole point.

CNN can eat my ***!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies