Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 05:34 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
No Tucker, Trump and Faux news is destroying America. You righties and your conspiracies.
You Democrats keep believing that..... until they come for you, want what you have (like yesterday they wanted whites to give up their homes what's next for these hate groups?) You Democrats keep being in denial...Report back on how that works out for you..

Meanwhile we will be the squirrels that stock up on protection. I hope you Dem's do the same.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:41 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,658,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Capitalism is a merit based system that promotes efficiency, hard work and INNOVATION. Without it we would be doomed to a meager, Soviet Union type existence and big, oppressive government which is what you Leftists want.

Meritocracy is biggest lie around, its who you know and color of your skin, not what you know. Capitalism in America is at the stage of oligopoly and monopoly. It uses resources to get regulation from government that protects it from competition. Look at the disrespect your wannabe king has for science. He promotes all his yes men, fires anybody actually searching for corruption. Yea. tell me another whopper. You think the Father of Lies is good for America and believes in meritocracy, then you been drinking the kool-aid and wearing blinders instead of your mask.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:43 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,470,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post

Covid is basically a flu! More people died from suicides and poverty related to the lockdowns than from Covid itself. "But at least we're slowing the spread."
Suicide is a shocking tragedy and the problem has always been an important problem to me, long before the pandemic arrived. You are going to have to back up this claim with references or admit you just made that up, which is very typical of COVID deniers. I hope you didn't just make this up.

I assume you didn't make it up, someone probably told this to you. If so, you can go back to the source for the statistics, because if they made the claim they should be able to back it up. I am asking you to back up the claim right here with the information they provide you.

The latest suicide statistics I can find (pre-COVID) was that the average is of approximately 132 deaths from suicide each day, about one every eleven minutes. Do you have more up to date information? If not, withdraw your claim. If so, post it right here so we can all read it.

We should be able to subtract the previous years statistics from the current years statistics and determine just about how many more cases of suicide there are since COVID came to us.

We will await your response.

Tucker: Lockdowns are destroying America-suicides.jpg

25,461 posts, read 9,828,112 times
Quote:
Well, that's where the devil went when he was looking for soul to steal. And I'm going there looking for freedom.
Covid is in GA as much as it is anyplace else, maybe more so. Schools have opened and closed because of infections. So even though the governor is an idiot and wants to dismiss Covid and its effects, he has to acknowledge that Covid doesn't care that he doesn't care. Not sure what you're looking for, but if you're looking for everything to be wide open, you may be disappointed. Many restaurants still have takeout only. Stores require masks. Some places are only seating at 50% capacity.

5,820 posts, read 3,883,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
He promotes all his yes men, fires anybody actually searching for corruption. Yea. tell me another whopper. You think the Father of Lies is good for America and believes in meritocracy, then you been drinking the kool-aid and wearing blinders instead of your mask.
Hahaha, really? Well, Trump forgot to fire the most vile, corrupt, sneaky, lying piece of garbage: Anthony Fauci. That's the top mastermind behind this Covid plandemic.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:47 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,828,112 times
Quote:
Hahaha, really? Well, Trump forgot to fire the most vile, corrupt, sneaky, lying piece of garbage: Anthony Fauci. That's the top mastermind behind this Covid plandemic.
So Fauci is the one responsible for the schools and some bars and restaurants being reopened and closed again. I was wondering who was in charge of all that. Covid doesn't care what you or I or anybody else thinks. Until we take the precautions we need to in order to mitigate its spread like wearing masks and social distancing, then Covid will be with us for a long time to come. It's not a political virus.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:00 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,883,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So Fauci is the one responsible for the schools and some bars and restaurants being reopened and closed again.
Yes. The governors did the actual closing, but Fauci was the "first mover". This is how it all went down:

China spread the Covid Flu.
Fauci/CDC spread the lies.
Liberal media spread the fear.
Democrats spread the tyranny.
We, the people of the United States, are the ones left holding the bag.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:47 PM

45,244 posts, read 26,482,257 times
Fauci and Birx should not be giving any advice. They are bureaucrats with MD's and they are out of the loop. When Fauci was asked point blank about the negatives of shutting down he said they couldn't be quantified!!! Yet he gave the recommendation anyway
I'll go so far as to say as their conduct has been criminal.

Old 08-15-2020, 07:08 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,283,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Suicide is a shocking tragedy and the problem has always been an important problem to me, long before the pandemic arrived. You are going to have to back up this claim with references or admit you just made that up, which is very typical of COVID deniers. I hope you didn't just make this up.

I assume you didn't make it up, someone probably told this to you. If so, you can go back to the source for the statistics, because if they made the claim they should be able to back it up. I am asking you to back up the claim right here with the information they provide you.

The latest suicide statistics I can find (pre-COVID) was that the average is of approximately 132 deaths from suicide each day, about one every eleven minutes. Do you have more up to date information? If not, withdraw your claim. If so, post it right here so we can all read it.

We should be able to subtract the previous years statistics from the current years statistics and determine just about how many more cases of suicide there are since COVID came to us.

We will await your response.

Attachment 222936
I can’t speak to all suicide, but the increase in teen suicide and attempts is far worse than teen deaths from Covid. I’ll try to find the article I read last month and come back to post it.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:18 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,807,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
In my state they closed schools, restaurants and bars for a few months. With these restrictions we drove the number of cases down, so then were able to reopen with mask use and other precautions. Now, people in New England and New York are free to visit each other, but anyone coming from a different state is expected to quarantine. We’re back to dining out, going to the gym and going to church. I call that a success.

Meanwhile, it’s the idiots in southern and midwestern states that didn’t take this thing seriously that are now having big problems. If you think lockdown is destroying your lifestyle, you only have yourself to blame.
Clap clap clap clap. Bravo!

The virus dictates whether it's safe to open up. Not politics or spin from Trump disinformation/conspiracy driven TV with paid hosts spoon fed a narrative. We have the power to stop this virus from spreading. It's a dirty shame there are so many Covidiots out there spreading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies