Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 01:44 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,342,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The LINK said it was misleading.

Oh so then it must be a lie.

LOLOL.
Why not call something that is misleading a lie? Democrats call Trumps OPINION a lie.This is why they claim he's "lied" Lord only knows how many thousands of times because they even call his opinions lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'm horrified that 50% of Americans still want Trump the Chump in office for another 4 years. I have plenty of money in the bank so I can ride out 4 more years if he wins. The only way I can lose is if he crashes the economy so bad that the entire infrastructure (utilities, food, medical care, transportation etc.) collapses and we're thrown into a post-apocalyptic Road Warrior world. But a sadistic part of me feels that if Americans are stupid enough to reelect him then they deserve him--and all the catastrophes that will follow him.
Good Lord do not give democrats any other ideas to try.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:50 PM

1,049 posts, read 654,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You can call me Mr. or Sir !!!

Most likely you are not lying just ignorant of the bias !!!

BBC - Media Bias/Fact Check
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bbc/

Overall, we rate the BBC Left-Center biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information.
Yes Sir !!!,

I guess you grew out of your girlfriend's government cheese sandwiches !!! My apologizes !!!

I still wouldn't call it left wing !!!

Left-wing would be like MSNBC, Huffington Post, The Other 98%, and further left. That would be like me calling the Wall Street Journal right-wing when it is really centrist with just a slight hair lean to the right !!!

Old 08-18-2020, 02:08 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
Yes Sir !!!,

I guess you grew out of your girlfriend's government cheese sandwiches !!! My apologizes !!!

I still wouldn't call it left wing !!!

Left-wing would be like MSNBC, Huffington Post, The Other 98%, and further left. That would be like me calling the Wall Street Journal right-wing when it is really centrist with just a slight hair lean to the right !!!
No, I'm still into the grilled cheese sandwiches but the GF has long been in the rearview mirror !!!

The DNC won't admit to China Joe being leftwing either so you have that in common with them !!!

A failure to admit !!!

BTW - back on topic, Mooch lied !!! The end result is more screaming at the sky for dems !!!

Old 08-18-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think it's a pretty realistic perspective. Let's put aside the peripherals and look at the main issues: The fact that officially 171,000 Americans are dead of COVID-19 and 5.5 million Americans have tested positive because of Trump's inept handling of it. Roughly 26 million Americans are unemployed because of Trump's inept response to the Coronavirus.

https://www.marketplace.org/2020/08/...yed-right-now/

Is my perspective still weird?
YES! Your perspective is still weird and completely wrong. Trump did not invent this stupid virus and he has followed every single recommendation given to him by the scientists per both Fauci and Birx on numerous occasions. The scientists couldn't even decided if we should wear masks or not. They have changed their minds so many times, nobody can keep up. When I mention this to a democrat, they come back with "the scientists are learning more and more about the virus and as they learn, they adjust their recommendations". That's all well and fine but if you are going to give the experts a pass then you have to do the same for the president. He's not a scientist or a doctor but you expect him to know more than the experts who are advising him?

I also know for a FACT there was a ton of stuff being done that most Americans don't know about because the media isn't reporting on it. Early on, Trump had to have literally hundreds of regulations changed because they were hindering our efforts to respond to the virus. Regulations related to healthcare, insurance, pharma, transportation, the food industry, manufacturing and many many more. I happen to work in one of those industries and our hands were tied in the beginning when trying to respond until he lifted the regulations so we could do what needed to be done. It sure as heck wasn't him putting COVID patients into nursing homes causing thousands of our most vulnerable to die of the virus. I've also yet to hear anybody say what else he could have done that he hasn't already done that is within his power. So you can sit there and blame him all you like but you might want to at least get your facts straight. All of this being said, I'm in no way a Trump fan and I certainly do not like him as a person but this fake outrage and blaming him for something that was completely out of his control to stop is getting old.

Old 08-18-2020, 02:23 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Accurate...

Michelle Obama sitting in her $12 million dollar mansion, with her $60 million dollar book deal, and Netflix deal estimated to be worth between $150-$300 million, is feeling depressed. If that’s not privileged, I’m not sure what is.
https://twitter.com/JevonWilliamsVI/...57228384882692

Old 08-18-2020, 02:27 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Agree with your comments about mask wearing and social distancing. Spot on. Where I disagree is that with you is that it's not Trump's fault. He has played a MAJOR role in why people are not following the guidelines.

To wit:

"we cannot let the cure be worse than the disease"
"#firefauci"
"it will go away on its own"
"it's a democratic hoax"
etc, etc.

Trump has no consistency of his ramblings on any topic and contradicts himself day to day. He just repeats the last thing he heard that agrees with his feelings at that particular moment. That causes confusion and people will pick and choose the words from him they want to hear. As a result, people are dying.

If you would have watched the DNC yesterday you would have seen the speech given by the a woman who lost her dad to Covid. He worshiped Trump, listened to his downplaying the risks and decided it was fine for him to go to a karaoke bar. Otherwise a healthy guy, he's dead now. She blames Trump. You can deny it all you want, but people who are losing loved ones are blaming him. Words matter.

Her exact words were:

"My father had only one pre-existing condition: he trusted Donald Trump. And for that he paid with his life."

Old 08-18-2020, 02:29 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Of course that dude is going to lie. I mean Michelle. It’s because of his husband Obama, and Biden we have Trump. Just remember that, folks.

Why are you just parroting some crap that Trump tweeted this morning?

Old 08-18-2020, 02:45 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I guess she'll have to lie at another 20,000 conventions to beat Donald, the Liar-In-Chief!

And 'the faithful' will still deny he lied, ever! Pretty potent Kool-Aid on that side of the aisle.

Old 08-18-2020, 02:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And 'the faithful' will still deny he lied, ever! Pretty potent Kool-Aid on that side of the aisle.
Mooch lied !!!

Gets fact checked and outed !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies