Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2020, 09:27 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you pushed birtherism, you’re a racist.
I take it that you are an all or nothing type of guy. I personally see no correlation between birtherism and racism, but if that's how you perceive that, its your right to do so. I have no opinion on this other than if there is reason to believe, than the question should be asked. We live in a society that has stopped asking questions and that is not a good thing. That said, the second anyone questions something, they are automatically the bad guy. I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 08:33 PM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
But this thread is chock full of examples. Did you need them compiled for you?

"...factual racism thread" sounds like "I will determine what is and isn't racist", doesn't it?

I'm more than happy to chew Biden out once he takes office, but I don't see why you brought him up in a thread about Trump.

You guys love to deflect away from the topic at hand, don't you?
"But this thread is chock full of examples." Debunked examples

""...factual racism thread" sounds like "I will determine what is and isn't racist", doesn't it?" Take it however you want, nothing would stop you anyway.

Old 09-04-2020, 08:46 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you pushed birtherism, you’re a racist.
so what? and you aren't? i guarantee you hate most white people. what validation do you get out of calling someone racist?

Old 09-05-2020, 12:31 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again no, calling the virus the kung flu is not racist since it originated in China! Please provide a link to your claims that Trump said that the South Koreans (in general) are terrible people and was based on racism. I'll wait.

There is no racism to defend because there is no proven racism on Trump's part. WTH does Neo Nazism have to do with anything?

The virus has a name, it's called covid19. It's not called Kung Flu by anyone other than racists, looking to use it to denigrate asian americans and sow racial division. It's like saying go0k is not racist because it's just a term used to describe anyone from vietnam. No sir, we have a word for ppl who use terms like that. But please, test the theory, that it's perfectly fine by speaking that way to random asian americans, and call covid19, kung flu. I've noticed you seem to be ignoring my challenge. I wonder why that is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9625651.html

Old 09-05-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Hand waving is "debunking" now, is it? I was not aware.

If that's all true, why did Paul Ryan apologize for a racist remark from Trump?
According to Ryan, he never called Trump a racist. Seems Ryan doesn't think he is racist, just that the comment could be considered racist. Do you believe Ryan in that? Why not since you believed Ryan when he apologized for the remark?

Old 09-05-2020, 07:45 AM

427 posts, read 431,322 times
Liberals can't prove Trump is racist. And Trump asking for Obama's birth certificate isn't racist, Obama had a questionable history... "Barry Soreterro" or whatever the hell his name was at one time....

Old 09-05-2020, 09:38 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
The virus has a name, it's called covid19. It's not called Kung Flu by anyone other than racists, looking to use it to denigrate asian americans and sow racial division. It's like saying go0k is not racist because it's just a term used to describe anyone from vietnam. No sir, we have a word for ppl who use terms like that. But please, test the theory, that it's perfectly fine by speaking that way to random asian americans, and call covid19, kung flu. I've noticed you seem to be ignoring my challenge. I wonder why that is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9625651.html
I am well aware of the medical name for the virus but that still doesn't make the term "Kung Flu" racist. You need to buy a dictionary to find out the correct meaning of the word racist. The term was used because the virus originated in China. What racial division? Huh? I don't know any random Asians nor any Asians at all so your challenge is null and void. Liberals find an imaginary racist hiding behind every bush. You didn't disappoint.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I like how you're repeating things I didn't even say, lol. It's cute and a hilariously bad attempt at defending your position :P
If you didn't say it then I wasn't repeating anything.
Quote:
And no. Paul Ryan specifically said it was a "textbook definition of a racist comment".
He still did not say Trump was racist, only that the comment could have been considered racist..two separate things.
Quote:
Care to try again as to Paul Ryan had to apologize for Trump being racist?
Had to? Or want to, for reasons only known by him?

Old 09-05-2020, 06:13 PM

4,190 posts, read 2,511,188 times
I look at this a bit differently...I don't care if he is a racist, its the polices that matter. Harry Truman was a racist. He knew it and he knew that his prejudices were not good for the nation and he was able to put them aside. He was also anti-Jewish. His diaries show that. Yet in his business life his partner was Jewish - though he was not allowed in the house and had to stand on the porch - and his Administration recognized Israel. We may not be able to help how we feel, but we can change how we act.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:50 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I am well aware of the medical name for the virus but that still doesn't make the term "Kung Flu" racist. You need to buy a dictionary to find out the correct meaning of the word racist. The term was used because the virus originated in China. What racial division? Huh? I don't know any random Asians nor any Asians at all so your challenge is null and void. Liberals find an imaginary racist hiding behind every bush. You didn't disappoint.
Any term used to demean a group of ppl based on ethnicity is racist. No one of any sort of intelligence would ever use the term Kung Flu over covid19. It's intent is to sow hatred towards asians in this country and divides us as a society. You are either willfully obtuse or incredibly ignorant, if you think "Kung flu" is not or will not be used in a derogatory fashion towards asians. I'm speechless.

Don't know a single asian? Gee, i wonder why you think the way you do. Sir, go find some asian americans, start a conversation with them on "kung flu," and see how they react. This could be in person or online. The challenge is not null and void, simply because you don't know any asians. Gain some perspective on racial diversity. You sorely need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies