Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 05:22 PM

25,749 posts, read 12,832,402 times

Advertisements

I treated Obama well. I gave him my full support at first, but as he began to push further and further left, I supported him less and less.

When I stopped supporting him on domestic affairs, I clammed up, & kept it mostly to myself...only occasionally whining with my closest family and friends that I know felt the same...in a very closed setting. I would still say " he is our President, so let's respect that, no matter what". I'm an American first.

I still did my best to support him on foreign affairs. Even with all the bowing and kissing of hands, & the apology tour.

I paid my taxes, continued to vote, & kept my mouth shut. I was civil, & never wrote 1 disparaging word anywhere...until he was gone.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:31 PM

23,637 posts, read 12,553,459 times
For the most part, many just put up with him. Sure there was some grumbling and griping, as it is with every president. But nothing at all like the unhinged outrage that has been coming from the Trump haters over the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
OK. That's hard but I'll try.
One accomplishment ......... OK...... Still thinking........ ? ...... (darn) .........
lol

Quote:
Wait! Got it! ...... While he was Commander in Chief, bin Laden was killed!
Yep, that's what Obama said. No proof, and a quick burial to honor Muslim tradition, but what the heck, he's gone.

Quote:
But then I never did think that was a bad thing, so I can't apologize for criticizing that, can I? I guess I'll have to pass. I thought he was doing well for the first few months, but after that I really didn't like much that he did.
ditto.

Quote:
Looks great in a suit!
Reads from teleprompters fairly well!
Yep to both. As long as the teleprompter worked.

Quote:
But, nah... other than that I thought he was hyper-sensitive and mean spirited. Small minded. Narcissistic. Disconnected. Weak. Untrustworthy. Got an awful lot of cops killed and wounded...

Old 08-23-2020, 05:37 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Democrats really shouldn’t complain about how we “treated” Obama when you consider how they’ve vilified and demonized Trump.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:38 PM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
Obama demonized police and refused to call out Islamic terrorists

And who knows if his “birth certificate” was legit or not

Old 08-23-2020, 05:44 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Obama demonized police and refused to call out Islamic terrorists

And who knows if his “birth certificate” was legit or not
It is.

President Barack Obama released the long-form version of his birth certificate today, yet another piece of concrete evidence that shows he was born in the United States. The White House said he received a special exemption from the Hawaii Department of Health, which keeps the long-form documents confidential.
https://www.factcheck.org/issue/obam...h-certificate/

Old 08-23-2020, 05:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
I did ok
Not too bad
Respect the office was what you preached to me for 8 years so I did it
But after trump swore in -the sermon suddenly changed to satanic-
From the same pulpit wearing the same frock
F— the president

Old 08-23-2020, 05:52 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,728,554 times
Well I did have some respect for Trump before he became president when he was on the apprentice I watched it for the first couple of seasons.

Didn't think much of the guy at the time just your typical pompous rich celebrity trying to make a quick buck. I thought his whole running for presidency was a publicity stunt and really paid no attention to it.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:56 PM

11,796 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The MAGAS expect us non Trump supporters to have respect for the president Trump I hear it all the time if you don't respect Trump least respect the office he holds.

They also do not like criticism of Trump and you're labelled TDS if you speak out with that said. Do the MAGAS regret any of the lies or slander they perpetrated against Obama such as the birther thing, him being a Muslim, Kenyan slandering his wife calling him a illegitimate president hes gonna take away my guns sharia law nonsense?

I will give Trump some credit where credit is due for the prison reform, the right to try drugs, some deregulation etc.

Will the MAGAS say anything positive about Obama? hold in the hate and anger and just try to say something postive
I always said that I thought he was a good husband and a great father. As far as a President I thought he s*cked and created more division when I had hoped he would bring the country together.

Anyone who has supported Trump from the get go has gotten it from both sides - the Republicans during the campaigns and the liberals after the election results. Is Trump perfect - heck no - but I knew coming in that he wasn't polished nor a politician and I can accept that.

I don't feel I owe Obama anything as I didn't get involved with many of the issues although I have had my concerns. It's nice that some can give Trump some credit and not blame him for everything they feel the other side could have done differently.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:58 PM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
It is.

President Barack Obama released the long-form version of his birth certificate today, yet another piece of concrete evidence that shows he was born in the United States. The White House said he received a special exemption from the Hawaii Department of Health, which keeps the long-form documents confidential.
https://www.factcheck.org/issue/obam...h-certificate/
No doubt that someone with a mountain of cash and infinite government influence can make miracles happen

Old 08-23-2020, 05:58 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The MAGAS expect us non Trump supporters to have respect for the president Trump I hear it all the time if you don't respect Trump least respect the office he holds.
No we don't.

The problem with your theory is that you communists have gone very far beyond "disrespect" of Trump, to "disrespect" of the election. And "disrespect" severly undersells what you've done.

Quote:
They also do not like criticism of Trump and you're labelled TDS if you speak out with that said.
Criticize all that you want. Because no one is listening uless you are trying to prosecute. Just like no one listens to true psychopaths after they reveal their Will to damage and psychopathy.

You tried to overturn an election via implying that Trump voters lost their voter agency due to being exposed to Russian propaganda (LOL), while ignoring the work of your full time propaganda outlets (riddled with people with foreign passports as well as foreign monies), and took up the bulk of Trump's first term, thus disenfranchising Trump voters, with an investtigation absed on a fake conspiracy theory.

You them impeached to protect the clear corruption of your own (alzheimer's patient) candidate.

The Press then instigated widespread riots / domestic terrorism for its pet Leftist social lies.

These are institutionally corrupt propaganda outlets posing as Press that are supposed to be at least somewhat objective.

And you think people should or will listen to you? That's a huge laugh. There is no going back. You people have ripped apart the social fabric in this nation for the forseeable future. We don't have a dialogue.

Quote:
Do the MAGAS regret any of the lies or slander they perpetrated against Obama such as the birther thing, him being a Muslim, Kenyan slandering his wife calling him a illegitimate president hes gonna take away my guns sharia law nonsense?
Your are blind and sociopathically entitled if you think any of that, none of which mattered in the least, compared to what you people have done.

Obama is a foreign-born communist agent, Islamic sympathizer who hates the United States, hates White People, and lies to promote similar domestic terrorism toward the end of destroying this nation.

See? No effect. And no apology. We don't negotiate with terrorists.

Quote:
I will give Trump some credit where credit is due for the prison reform, the right to try drugs, some deregulation etc.
No one cares in the least what credit you give. It couldn't matter less. I'd trade a bag of used cat litter for all such credit that you people give across the entire nation. Clear enough?

Quote:
Will the MAGAS say anything positive about Obama? hold in the hate and anger and just try to say something postive
See my above comments. Obama protected crimianls and attacked cops doing their job, and the results of that trend are coming to a head now with widespread destruction, crime, maimings, and murders. He doesn't deserve a single nice thing said about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies