Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 07:32 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
IMHO Rittenhouse willingly went into a volatile situation, armed with a long gun, looking for any excuse to pull the trigger.

He wanted to shoot someone and did.

As far as I am concerned, he can spend the rest of his life in prison for premeditated murder.
Wait, is this the: "Judge, klye needs to spend the rest of his life in jail because he played grand theft auto, I rest my case" defense?

Hahahaaaaaaa

Old 11-14-2021, 07:45 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure a capitol security guard doing his job is a great comparison. You seem to think that the DA was over the top in his indictment, maybe you can provide an example where 3 people were shot, two killed and there was no indictment, there must be many great examples.
It does seem to be an extremely blatant example of partisanism and racism in government and law enforcement. Things to consider:
  • In the case of Amaud Arbery, we are rightly told that chasing down and entrapping somebody who is trying like mad to just run away is bad. Kyle is not being given the same consideration. None of the people who ran him down, threatened him, assaulted him and tried to kill him are being treated as criminals as they should be. If a thing is wrong, it's always wrong.
  • The police who killed Tony Timpa -- a white guy -- by kneeling on him till he was dead were never charged, never arrested, never disciplined, and never even so much as bothered about any of it. To this day, nobody seems to give a crap about the death of Tony Timpa. You can find several other instances of cops kneeling on people till they died, but nobody seemed to care. Then George Floyd -- a black man -- dies in exactly the same matter and suddenly it's racism and police brutality targeting black people. If a thing is wrong, it is always wrong.
  • The feds are tracking down everyone even tangentially involved in January 6th and 4 hours of stupidity, but the rampaging mobs that spent 13+ months burn, assaulting, smashing, looting, raping, and terrorizing their way every across city in our nation are almost entirely let go. It's almost a "Boys will be boys" level of stupidity tipping the cap and exempting them from any repercussins for their crimes. They didn't just attack one building in one city. They attacked every city including Washington DC. They didn't just threatened one seat of government. They threatened the White House, Capitol Building and Supreme Court building. They rampaged into State Capitol buildings in Wisconsin and Oklahoma. They tried like mad to burn down a federal courthouse in Portland and succeeded in destroying some police precincts. They piled up a body count in excess of 50 people (they stopped counting for some strange reason) -- almost all of the BLM/Antifa rioters got away with all of it without any consequences whatsoever. If a thing is wrong, it is always wrong.
  • In any given year, 3 to 4 times as many unarmed white people are killed by law enforcement, yet nobody seems to give a crap about that either. I'm betting that nobody on this forum could name more than one or two cases of unarmed white people murdered by cops, but everyone knows the names Michael Brown, Freddy Gray, George Floyd, Jacob Blake, etc. If a thing is wrong, it's always wrong.

Both sides are inconsistent in their outrage, but selective outrage seems to be a much, much, much bigger problem on the Left. Seriously, zero compassion for an unarmed woman being shot and killed by the police? Outright enthusiasm and celebration for her death?? It's disgusting. It's evil. There is no excuse for it. Stop being a hypocrite and be a better human.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:52 AM

23,649 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Hundreds of protestors and rioters were arrested, you are mistaken. Jacob Blake was not a hero but he was a symbol of the mistakes made by police officers when it comes to blacks.
Stop saying "arrested" like it means anything. Many are arrested, yes. But many are never charged and many of those who were charged had the charges dropped, even when they'd committed felonies and there was proof of them committing the felony crimes.
Quote:
No one agrees with the rioters causing property damage
No one? lol.

Many of those on the right, and the property owners and those who'd been threatened by the "peaceful" rioting protesters, don't agree with it. Others, seem okay with it.

Quote:
but a large majority of the protests were peaceful,
*snort*

Quote:
as usual a trouble makes many from outside the area were responsible for the damage.
Most of the protesters seem to come from outside the area. Protesters / rioters .. one in the same.

Quote:
I wish they could have arrested more but LE has there hands full handling these situations.
How can they have their hands full when they are often not allowed to do anything, but to protect themselves (if allowed) and to protect emergencies crews?

Old 11-14-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Hundreds of protestors and rioters were arrested, you are mistaken. Jacob Blake was not a hero but he was a symbol of the mistakes made by police officers when it comes to blacks.

No one agrees with the rioters causing property damage but a large majority of the protests were peaceful, as usual a trouble makes many from outside the area were responsible for the damage. I wish they could have arrested more but LE has there hands full handling these situations.
How many were charged? That insanely partisan DA charged a 17 year old with illegal possession of a rifle when the law exempts 16 and 17 year olds, and the law isn't 100% clear. They completely fail to charge Grosskreutz, a convicted felon who absolutely did illegally carry a handgun and attempted to fire it at Kyle -- that guy was never charged with any crime. How???

Please lay out the list of rioters that were charged with crimes. The only people I know of that were actually charged were local people who tried to protect their town from a violent mob.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:54 AM

30,443 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Quote:
IMHO Rittenhouse willingly went into a volatile situation, armed with a long gun, looking for any excuse to pull the trigger.

As far as I am concerned, he can spend the rest of his life in prison for premeditated murder.
I agree. He went out of his way to go a wild crowd and with a gun to boot. I hope riddlehouse see's the big house for at least 10 years.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:58 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:

I agree that that's you humble opinion.

He didn't shoot anyone who wasn't attacking him.

That's not an opinion.....that's a fact.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It does seem to be an extremely blatant example of partisanism and racism in government and law enforcement. Things to consider:
  • In the case of Amaud Arbery, we are rightly told that chasing down and entrapping somebody who is trying like mad to just run away is bad. Kyle is not being given the same consideration. None of the people who ran him down, threatened him, assaulted him and tried to kill him are being treated as criminals as they should be. If a thing is wrong, it's always wrong.
  • The police who killed Tony Timpa -- a white guy -- by kneeling on him till he was dead were never charged, never arrested, never disciplined, and never even so much as bothered about any of it. To this day, nobody seems to give a crap about the death of Tony Timpa. You can find several other instances of cops kneeling on people till they died, but nobody seemed to care. Then George Floyd -- a black man -- dies in exactly the same matter and suddenly it's racism and police brutality targeting black people. If a thing is wrong, it is always wrong.
  • The feds are tracking down everyone even tangentially involved in January 6th and 4 hours of stupidity, but the rampaging mobs that spent 13+ months burn, assaulting, smashing, looting, raping, and terrorizing their way every across city in our nation are almost entirely let go. It's almost a "Boys will be boys" level of stupidity tipping the cap and exempting them from any repercussins for their crimes. They didn't just attack one building in one city. They attacked every city including Washington DC. They didn't just threatened one seat of government. They threatened the White House, Capitol Building and Supreme Court building. They rampaged into State Capitol buildings in Wisconsin and Oklahoma. They tried like mad to burn down a federal courthouse in Portland and succeeded in destroying some police precincts. They piled up a body count in excess of 50 people (they stopped counting for some strange reason) -- almost all of the BLM/Antifa rioters got away with all of it without any consequences whatsoever. If a thing is wrong, it is always wrong.
  • In any given year, 3 to 4 times as many unarmed white people are killed by law enforcement, yet nobody seems to give a crap about that either. I'm betting that nobody on this forum could name more than one or two cases of unarmed white people murdered by cops, but everyone knows the names Michael Brown, Freddy Gray, George Floyd, Jacob Blake, etc. If a thing is wrong, it's always wrong.

Both sides are inconsistent in their outrage, but selective outrage seems to be a much, much, much bigger problem on the Left. Seriously, zero compassion for an unarmed woman being shot and killed by the police? Outright enthusiasm and celebration for her death?? It's disgusting. It's evil. There is no excuse for it. Stop being a hypocrite and be a better human.
excellent post!

Old 11-14-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I agree. He went out of his way to go a wild crowd and with a gun to boot. I hope riddlehouse see's the big house for at least 10 years.
Lol. You pretend to know all about someone when you don't even know their name. How silly.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:

How dare local people dare try to defend their town from a rampaging mob of insane terrorists!! Who does that kind of thing??

Also, we need to start arresting and charging women who are being raped and are actively resisting, store owners who stop people from robbing their stores, and home owners who defend their home from criminals breaking in and robbing, assaulting, or murdering them. All of this crap about trying to stop criminals from victimizing you has got to stop!!

Meanwhile, violent criminals need to be given free reign because ... reasons. Am I right?

PS: I can't read Kyle's mind. Why do you think you can?

Old 11-14-2021, 08:42 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
He is guilty and needs to be in jail for the rest of his life.
For defending himself against criminals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies