Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 07:32 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,853 times

Advertisements

This eyewitness, an independent reporter, states that he heard multiple gunshots all around the gas station as the mob converged on Kyle Rittenhouse who was protecting the business.

He then focused on Kyle who, fearing for his life, started running away from the angry mob, unsure who the gunfire was targeting. The reporter was only feet away from Kyle as he was being chased by Joseph Rosenbaum, the angry man who earlier had taunted Kyle to shoot him, and saw him throw something at Kyle and ultimately trap him between some parked cars. And when Rosenbaum attempted to take his rifle - Kyle shot him!

Clearly self-defense (as were the subsequent two shootings).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcF5_J1yh54

Old 08-29-2020, 08:29 AM

Update: On Friday Kyle Rittenhouse's lawyer said that the 17-year-old did not own the AR-15 he was carrying the night of the shooting nor did he bring it across the Illinois/Wisconsin line.

"Kyle did not carry a gun across state line," L. Lin Wood said in a tweet Friday morning. "The gun belonged to his friend, a Wisconsin resident. The gun never left the state of Wisconsin." Rittenhouse opted not to attend a court hearing and will remain in Lake County jail on homicide charges until at least late September as he assembles his legal team, which includes high-profile national lawyers.

Rittenhouse attorney says he did not transport gun across state lines

Old 08-29-2020, 08:57 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Statement from his lawyer:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4740...nhouse-8-28-20

Quote:

Pierce Bainbridge is honored to represent 17-year old Antioch, Illinois resident Kyle Rittenhouse, who has suddenly found himself at the center of a national firestorm and charged with murder after defending himself from a relentless, vicious and potentially deadly mob attack in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

On August 25th, 2020, Kenosha spiraled into chaos following the Jacob Blake shooting. The Kenosha Mayor and Wisconsin Governor failed to provide a basic degree of law and order to protect the citizens and community buildings in Kenosha. The city burned as mobs destroyed buildings and property, and looters stole whatever they wanted. Rioters defaced storefronts, the courthouse, and many other public and private locations across the city.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-15-2021 at 05:58 PM..

Old 08-29-2020, 08:58 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
These riots are turning into war zones and anyone that goes to them should expect to be injured or even killed at this point.

The line is being drawn. Which side will you be on? Are you for anarchy or protecting business's, homes, public and private property, individuals and your self from the mob?

The mob wants to ban the Police and they tell us that they can Police themselves. That didn't work out so well in CHOP/CHAZ so why would it work on the embattled streets of our cities?

To the Mob Might equals Right well this kid Kyle brought a gun to a skateboard, fist fight.

This is a war zone. Who do you want to win?

Old 08-29-2020, 09:05 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
There were 2 shootings from what I understand. You are a protester, someone was shot and the shooter was identified. At that point he was an active shooter in a crowd, they were simply trying to stop a shooter from shooting others and they were killed by this same shooter.

Not exactly a school shooter situation but I can certainly see why the protesters were trying to disarm this man. Some may feel it's appropriate for a 17 year old to bring an AR-15 to a protest to enact vigilante justice. Many of us do not and this is the reason. So go ahead, prop up this killer as a hero.

Personally I think our country is completely F'ed when we allow, even celebrate, a 17 year old with an AR-15 acting as crowd control.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 08-29-2020 at 09:16 AM..

Old 08-29-2020, 09:17 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
There were 2 shootings from what I understand. You are a protester, someone was shot and the shooter was identified. At that point he was an active shooter in a crowd, they were simply trying to stop a shooter from shooting others and they were killed by this same shooter.

Not exactly a school shooter situation but I can certainly see why the protesters were trying to disarm this man. Some may feel it's appropriate for a 17 year old to bring an AR-15 to a protest to enact vigilante justice. Many of us do not and this is the reason. So go ahead, prop up this killer as a hero.

Personally I think our country is completely F'ed when we allow a 17 year old with an AR-15 acting as crowd control.
Did you even read the account of what actually happened?
He wasn't a "vigilante". They attacked HIM. He defended himself.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:18 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:

Not exactly a school shooter situation but I can certainly see why the protesters were trying to disarm this man. Some may feel it's appropriate for a 17 year old to bring an AR-15 to a protest to enact vigilante justice. Many of us do not.
/fail

Rittenhouse was being attacked by rioters, I don't see how he was in a position to deescalate the situation.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:29 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
/fail

Rittenhouse was being attacked by rioters, I don't see how he was in a position to deescalate the situation.
Someone was shot because that person was chasing and trying to attack a kid.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:

Not exactly a school shooter situation but I can certainly see why the protesters were trying to disarm this man.
I started this Thread because many people were unsure how these shootings started as initially only videos of the subsequent encounter were available. And those clearly show that Kyle Rittenhouse was extricating himself from certain danger after defending himself, heading toward (not away from) police, and then having to defend himself from the attacking mob. He only shot imminent threats and was not firing indiscriminately into the mob - a very important point. Something I hope I could do in the same situation... and I'm three times older than he is!

Then the eyewitness to the first contact between Kyle and the mob came forth with his report, and it clearly demonstrates that Rittenhouse was initially harassed, threatened, had objects thrown at him (assault) and chased into a dead-end while hearing gunshots behind him. And then Rosenbaum, who thought the young man was an easy target, tried to take Kyle's rifle away. Only then did Rittenhouse open fire.

So the initial incident was clearly self-defense!

Old 08-29-2020, 09:31 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I started this Thread because many people were unsure how these shootings started as initially only videos of the subsequent encounter were available. And those clearly show that Kyle Rittenhouse was extricating himself from certain danger after defending himself, heading toward (not away from) police, and then having to defend himself from the attacking mob. He only shot imminent threats and was not firing indiscriminately into the mob - a very important point. Something I hope I could do in the same situation... and I'm three times older than he is!

Then the eyewitness to the first contact between Kyle and the mob came forth with his report, and it clearly demonstrates that Rittenhouse was initially harassed, threatened, had objects thrown at him (assault) and chased into a dead-end while hearing gunshots behind him. And then Rosenbaum, who thought the young man was an easy target, tried to take Kyle's rifle away. Only then did Rittenhouse open fire.

So the initial incident was clearly self-defense!
The DA is going to have his a$$ handed to him in court
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies