Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 09:49 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
This eyewitness, an independent reporter, states that he heard multiple gunshots all around the gas station as the mob converged on Kyle Rittenhouse who was protecting the business.

He then focused on Kyle who, fearing for his life, started running away from the angry mob, unsure who the gunfire was targeting. The reporter was only feet away from Kyle as he was being chased by Joseph Rosenbaum, the angry man who earlier had taunted Kyle to shoot him, and saw him throw something at Kyle and ultimately trap him between some parked cars. And when Rosenbaum attempted to take his rifle - Kyle shot him!

Clearly self-defense (as were the subsequent two shootings).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcF5_J1yh54
Well, all goes to show......the risks one has if their jury is picked from the common people.

In my training as a civilian shooter, I am expected not to go to places of danger but avoid them. I am told "Now that you can carry a gun, don't go anywhere you would if you couldn't carry a gun.". If I expect I need a gun there, I am not suppose to go there. I am not police but a civilian.

To me, he went a place where he expected he would need a gun. He was not forced to go there, he went there voluntarily, and unless he was in the practice of carrying a gun everywhere, all the time, that he could legally carry a gun, this was an incorrect application.

To me, it is not self defense because he put himself in that position. This was not one day was like any other.

IMHO.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:50 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
He attacked first.
Its come to light that Kyle called one of his buddies on his cell phone immediately after shooting the first victim.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=ts43EskooaA
Correct the bald dude attacked first.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:57 AM

588 posts, read 225,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Correct the bald dude attacked first.
Yeah the guy who just posted that video apparently didn't even watch it.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:58 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, all goes to show......the risks one has if their jury is picked from the common people.

To me, it is not self defense because he put himself in that position. This was not one day was like any other.

IMHO.
ah the cry of every self defense lawyer when a co-ed is gang raped in a frat house. She came to the party wearing a micro dress and drank with a bunch of horny boys. what did she think was going to happen?

Old 08-29-2020, 10:01 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
There were 2 shootings from what I understand. You are a protester, someone was shot and the shooter was identified. At that point he was an active shooter in a crowd, they were simply trying to stop a shooter from shooting others and they were killed by this same shooter.

Not exactly a school shooter situation but I can certainly see why the protesters were trying to disarm this man. Some may feel it's appropriate for a 17 year old to bring an AR-15 to a protest to enact vigilante justice. Many of us do not and this is the reason. So go ahead, prop up this killer as a hero.

Personally I think our country is completely F'ed when we allow, even celebrate, a 17 year old with an AR-15 acting as crowd control.
Who is “we”? As far as I can tell, only democrats allow this.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:06 AM

23,626 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
tossed and empty plastic bag
Can you toss an "empty" plastic bag that far?

Please provide proof that the bag had nothing in it.

You're also overlooking that the person who had tossed that "empty" plastic bag had seemed to have physically attacked Kyle and allegedly continued to attack him even after he'd been shot a few times.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:07 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

In my training as a civilian shooter, I am expected not to go to places of danger but avoid them. I am told "Now that you can carry a gun, don't go anywhere you would if you couldn't carry a gun.". If I expect I need a gun there, I am not suppose to go there. I am not police but a civilian.

To me, he went a place where he expected he would need a gun. He was not forced to go there, he went there voluntarily, and unless he was in the practice of carrying a gun everywhere, all the time, that he could legally carry a gun, this was an incorrect application.

IMHO.
I know, you people think we should not defend our cities even though you can witness the months long rioters and mobs, burning, looting homes, businesses, property, and murdering our fellow Americans. Many Americans have compassion and empathy for their neighbors, and will help them protect their homes and businesses. Rittenhouse is on video saying exactly this.

Not everyone will hide in their home, and let the mob come for their neighbors, and do nothing. Not everyone will hide in their homes until the enemy comes to harm them and theirs.

Last edited by Wapasha; 08-29-2020 at 10:58 AM..

Old 08-29-2020, 10:08 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
ah the cry of every self defense lawyer when a co-ed is gang raped in a frat house. She came to the party wearing a micro dress and drank with a bunch of horny boys. what did she think was going to happen?
EXACTLY......one is depending on the common person to have a brain in their head and not just be a repeat of what they see on TV or the Net........and as we see, that is really not true.

This is like those juries who say you should have fired a warning shot before shooting him ...... and then those juries that say if you fired a warning shot, you clearly were not in fear for your life.

Facts and standards, often juries know neither.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I know, you people think we should not defend our cities even though you can witness the months long rioters and mobs, burning, looting homes, businesses, property, and murdering our fellow Americans. Many Americans have compassion and empathy for their neighbors, and will help them protest their homes and businesses. Rittenhouse is on video saying exactly this.

Not everyone will hide in their home, and let the mob come for their neighbors, and do nothing. Not everyone will hide in their homes until the enemy comes to harm them and theirs.
FAIR ENOUGH!.....in that adds an additional consideration to the table.

So was this an individual action, an individual decision............or was an official call to arms issued and if so, by who?

Old 08-29-2020, 10:10 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
There were 2 shootings from what I understand. You are a protester, someone was shot and the shooter was identified. At that point he was an active shooter in a crowd, they were simply trying to stop a shooter from shooting others and they were killed by this same shooter.

Not exactly a school shooter situation but I can certainly see why the protesters were trying to disarm this man. Some may feel it's appropriate for a 17 year old to bring an AR-15 to a protest to enact vigilante justice. Many of us do not and this is the reason. So go ahead, prop up this killer as a hero.

Personally I think our country is completely F'ed when we allow, even celebrate, a 17 year old with an AR-15 acting as crowd control.
It wasn’t a protest. Just stop with the bull.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:12 AM

23,626 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
He attacked first.
Its come to light that Kyle called one of his buddies on his cell phone immediately after shooting the first victim.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=ts43EskooaA
I didn't watch your link to see what that guy is pushing. Was he there? Did he actually witness it first hand?

Actual witnesses say the guy attacked Kyle first, the videos also show it happened that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies