Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 09:25 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
White supremacist police attack an innocent American complying with their orders.

Trump's America, folks.
If you think this stuff happened only in the past 3-1/2 years, you need to wake tf up then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 09:28 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times
Any cop who can’t hold his anger and lashed out like this doesn’t need to be a cop anymore. I hope he has been fired or at the very least put on desk duty. This is why they need to go through constant evaluations to gauge how the job is wearing on them mentally. You can start to predict the cops that have a higher probability for bad behavior and react to that accordingly.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:20 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
A video from 6 months ago is op the trying to justifying rioting and looting and burning of stores whats the point???
Not justifying looting and rioting, I don’t even agree with people on the left that want to defund the police.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:22 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Can we finally end this myth that a few bad apples are indicative of a systemic problem?

Furthermore, unless you were born yesterday, you'd know that this type of thing was happening long before Trump was President.
There can be no “bad apples” when it comes to law enforcement. Pilots have to be damn near perfect at their jobs or people die, and it should be the same with police.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:37 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
I've had experiences with bad cops before. It's why while I have nothing but contempt for the rioters, I am not very fond of cops at all. They have utterly failed to hold themselves accountable in this country. And crooked cops are incredibly dangerous.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:34 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Cop needs to be fired. Uncalled for, unprofessional, and far too excessive force.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I so agree with you. Yes, there are bad cops, both black and white and some are racists. of course we forget what they see daily. What I find interesting is:this incident happened 6 months ago so why is it suddenly appearing here? This is just a way to stir up more trouble.
When it happened doesn’t matter. Police departments are notorious for not releasing footage that shows them in a bad light.

So why did they kick this guy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
So you point out one exception to the rule across hundreds of millions of police-citizen interactions in this country each year and think you're making some sound point?
No, actually a helluva lot of cases have been brought up on CD.

This guy complied with the cops. Why’d they kick him and then attempt to charge him with resisting arrest??

Old 08-30-2020, 12:40 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
This happened back in March, as the video plainly states.

While unfortunate, I’m sure he’ll file and win a nice lawsuit

And if so the public will be punished by being forced to foot the bill.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:47 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
White supremacist police attack an innocent American complying with their orders.

Trump's America, folks.
this was March 11. Is there any update?

Have you watched THIS version of the video (not Shannon Sharpe's tweeted one), which includes the IG post describing what happened?

here's a March article that was updated in the last 2 days.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/l...c-ddd2255a5a6f
Quote:
Update August 28: The Sacramento County Sheriff's spokesperson told ABC10 Friday that "The Sheriff’s Office conducted an administrative investigation, the allegations were sustained against the deputy, and appropriate action has been taken."

The specific discipline was not released because the case doesn't fall under SB 1421, according to the spokesperson. SB 1421 covers police conduct where there is a serious injury.
now, should the Sheriff provide the discipline enacted? Sure.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:51 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Anyway..conservatives, I thought y’all said that nothing will happen if you just comply??
I thought we acknowledged there were some bad cops, and they needed to be dealt with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies