Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 12:13 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times

Advertisements

FEAR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEgic3l0c
Fear sells better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 12:14 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Trump, as bad as he is, needs to win. Biden is a terrible choice but Kamala is worse. If Biden get's elected, he will step down within a year and he and Democrats will make a big show of it. It will be about handing off the presidency to a woman of color, part of the new "Step-Down" movement, which encourages White men in power to resign and give their position to a POC.

If Kamala Harris gains power, we will see the a far Left leadership that will drive a wedge deep into the heart of the country. The USA will not survive a Harris presidency.
Many people feel the same about a Trump presidency and the same sense of urgency to vote him out of office.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:27 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,174,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Many people feel the same about a Trump presidency and the same sense of urgency to vote him out of office.
Most people don't like Trump because of his personality. They don't have many real arguments against him based on policy.

He has not gotten us into more wars and has reduced our presence in foreign countries. This is something that the Left constantly pushes for except for when a Republican does it.

The economy started booming under Trump and Democratic mayors have even endorsed him because of this.

My issue with Trump is that he hasn't lived up to the promises that he made when he first ran. He has actually been very moderate as President and the Left still hates him.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:01 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Hillary had bigger leads in some of these swing states the day before the election than Biden has now. As a Democrat, I hope the party wakes up and stops the urban terrorists destroying our cities or Trump wins again.
Refreshing to hear a Democrat use the proper term which I underlined.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:04 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Sometimes I wonder why Bill Maher stays with the left. He is the guy who had a show about political incorrectness, once upon a time. He is for free speech, and more like a libertarian than a leftist. Or a liberal of 30 years ago, but not today's liberal.

But I think both Moore and Maher have a better sense of things than the DNC. If they want to win the election, they need to distance themselves from the woke left and BLM, and make a real play for the center and independents. But after a summer of violent riots, the damage might already be done.
It would take guts, which they lack.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:42 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Most people don't like Trump because of his personality. They don't have many real arguments against him based on policy.

He has not gotten us into more wars and has reduced our presence in foreign countries. This is something that the Left constantly pushes for except for when a Republican does it.

The economy started booming under Trump and Democratic mayors have even endorsed him because of this.

My issue with Trump is that he hasn't lived up to the promises that he made when he first ran. He has actually been very moderate as President and the Left still hates him.
I don't like his policies, especially his child separation policies and his environmental policies. He has not given everybody better and cheaper healthcare like he promised. He has not caused NK to denuclearize. Our relationship with China is as bad or worse that it's ever been. Our allies don't trust us or laugh at us. He foments hatred and is not happier than when he can cause strife and division. He's a bully who castigates everyone who dares disagree with him. He basically just runs roughshod over the entire country including the other two branches of government and they let him do it. He's extremely immature and not fit for the office. He doesn't even want to read his press briefings or know what is going on with the country except if it benefits him. He has made millions on his properties since becoming president. He is a national disgrace. All you have to do is google to see the thousands of lies he has told. As my mother used to say, he will lie when the truth will do. That's enough for me to want him out of office. My feeling is that he'll be re-elected, but I'm hoping enough people feel like I do and will vote accordingly.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:49 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What the left really needs to do is quit talking about Trump and start addressing the concerns of ordinary people.
And when is Trump going to address the concerns of ordinary people? He's had the last 3 1/2 years to do that!

Old 08-30-2020, 01:55 PM

24,006 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
CIA is already reporting Russia is doing it again. Trump dismissed it.
Hell, a Republican Senate committee said so. A couple weeks ago.

Last time, Moscow Mitch never said it wasn't happening. He just said if Obama told it, Mitch would consider it election interference by Obama.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:57 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,991,770 times
Trump will claim "Corruption" and fake/Fraud nonsense but Biden is going to win by such a landslide, Chump wont have a leg to stand on. He had four years, he FAILED in every measure. People just need to accept it and move on and hope Biden can turns some things around

Old 08-30-2020, 02:00 PM

1,743 posts, read 960,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Trump won't win without Russia's help. That's how he won in 2016. I read somewhere that in one of their phone calls Putin complained to Trump, "Shut down the g**damn post offices. We can't hack mail-in ballots." Then DeJoy appeared.
You read somewhere? Such a completely ridiculous statement, which if true would be non stop headline news, and you can’t even remember where you “read” it? Care to do some research and name your source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies