Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 03:31 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
It's your friends in the CCP that has built the largest navy. Would you consider them warmongers also?

Or would you say, they build for defense? While they bully their neighbors and steal territory from them as well.

BTW, I hear the PLA got their arses handed to them by the Indian army again a couple nights ago when they tried to sneak across the LAC, like cowards in the dark. Now some Chinese territory is actually in Indian hands.

Things can, and may get very interesting, very fast. People, here in the USA, and everywhere need to pay attention to what is happening in obscure places, where the chi coms are pushing the limits. A spark in the wrong place can ignite something very, very, large.

CN
https://www.globalresearch.ca/americ...e-1776/5565946
history speaks for itself.
if/when China starts a war, I will label them as such.. I have no problems doing so. they are not my friends.

I'm not for china and against USA, my own country. but I can clearly see through the propaganda that is bringing us past the point of no return if we continue down this path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 03:32 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Japan is a key ally in any conflict with China. The Trump/Abe relationship has been great. With Abe stepping down hopefully nothing changes with his successor. India could also become a huge strategic military ally in Asia. South Korea and Australia alliance is also big.

A China, Russia, Iran alliance would be dangerous, and if it goes nuclear anything can happen. But they would lose in a war against the US and it's allies.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:40 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its weird how all of you think Chinas building rafts, or that we dominate the tech area of this. Youre sort of right...but also...vastly wrong.

China has started to install railguns on some of their destroyers. Probably guided. This is a truly capable platform. And unlike here in the US their military industrial complex isnt making a massive profit margin like we do here. One of our recent naval guns was designed to rapidly fire some truly advanced guided rounds...except the cost of each round was INSANE. over 800,000 PER ROUND. The navy estimated the production cost at 400K....per round. When initially cost estimated Lockheed Martin gave a estimate of 50K per round.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...too-expensive/

I bet Chinas rounds cost them less then 5K each.

The average age of all of their equipment is much lower then ours, and the cost is vastly lower.

And if we ave a conflict with them they are going to have it in their backyard, where supply lines are short. Military leaders study tactics, great military leaders study logistics. And they will have a immense logistical advantage.

Don't underestimate them. Theyr'e probably doing the same to us, making conflict vastly more likely. And due to folks thinking that they have the advantage, its going to go on far longer then is reasonable.
Good points all.

Of course the railgun tech they posess is somewhat untested, or at least I've not seen any info on them that proves their "efficacy" so to speak. It could be another issue like their supposed 4th gen fighters turning out to be 3rd.

The "Quad", as I understand it, is allowing stockpiles of supply to be placed in India, and Australia, to shorten those supply lines. The same was slated to occur with the Philipines, but Duterte seems to have taken a payoff from the CCP, and has swung back their way again, which in and of itself could be a game changer if they allowed the PLA to occupy bases there. Although that seems to be a wildly unpopular thing with the Philipine people.......But if the bullets start to fly, all bets are off, and frankly, the Philipines will probably become a battleground either way. Sadly, they are literally between a rock and a very hard place.

As to the bolded portion, always a very astute warning, indeed. I don't know if there has ever been a war that hasn't gone on longer than is reasonable.

CN

Old 09-02-2020, 03:45 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,502 times
Quote:
I'm still awaiting delivery of proof. You said I was lying, and were going to create a whole new thread about it.

Where is the defense of the CCP you promised? Or do you have an "inability" to provide it? Maybe because I'm actually telling the truth about the CCP.......

CN
I never said you were lying, just that you have fallen for the CIA lies.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:52 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why do you say that? It is our current President who has reduced our military presence around the world pulling our troops out of Europe and NATO obligations, Syria was a dump and run on the Kurds. He has diverted funds from military projects to pay for a border wall which were still waiting on. In fact the only time he wants our armed forces is when he attempts to send them in to US cities and against US Citizens.
He plays solder declaring himself a "Wartime President" during the early months of Covid-19, yeah right...

If we do find ourselves in a conflict I want adult leadership which we currently don't have. Biden may not be the most experienced with the Armed Forces but at least he will allow those who are trained and experienced to provide guidance and recommendation on how we should proceed. Unlike some who consult with a bunch of political hacks or family members and the delares that he knows better....
So glad the wall went up.. saved us from illegals coming over bringing covid with them. It would be a total disaster with illegals coming in for free medical treatment.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Japan is a key ally in any conflict with China. The Trump/Abe relationship has been great. With Abe stepping down hopefully nothing changes with his successor. India could also become a huge strategic military ally in Asia. South Korea and Australia alliance is also big.

A China, Russia, Iran alliance would be dangerous, and if it goes nuclear anything can happen. But they would lose in a war against the US and it's allies.
It appears Putin's Russia is no longer any friend of the CCP, if they ever really were. It was mostly a financial/arms/technology transfer sort of arrangement between them. But since Xi started claiming Vladivostok, and much of the peninsula it is situated on is Chinese territory "since ancient times", there seems to have been a bit of a falling out. There's also some reported tension along the Sino-Russian border that has something to do with Covid refugees, but I haven't kept up on it.

Either way, Putin suspended the sale of their most sophisticated anti aircraft missiles to China about a month or so back, due to this tension.

It's also worth noting that very recently, 2-3 weeks maybe, North Korea (yes North) fired on Chinese fishing boats operating in their waters. Apparently the CCP is even stealing from their communist buddies. The Chinese fishing fleet has even invaded the waters of the Galapagos Islands, pizzing off Ecuador. They're stealing fish there also.

With the floods and locust infestation in China this year, it's an almost foregone conclusion the Chinese are facing a famine of epic proportions. Things are looking a little bleak for the CCP. And the world knows they don't negotiate in good faith. Even their "gold bars" turn out to be gold plated tungsten.

What will they do?

CN

Last edited by Compression; 09-02-2020 at 04:18 PM..

Old 09-02-2020, 04:10 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Not according to the Russian thought:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...val-war-118251

They believe our missile tech and recon capabilities will win out. I also read somewhere, I can try to find it, that South China Sea, Spratley Island, and full Pacific theater engagement all come out as American wins in war games simply because, for now anyway, we have Japan and India as close strategic partners and the Chinese have the Norks. I think in that article even the Taiwan straight comes out to a draw.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
I never said you were lying, just that you have fallen for the CIA lies.
Specifically, what lies are those? Nobody from the CIA has ever contacted me. Have they contacted you in some way, and told you things, that you could later prove were lies?

CN

Old 09-02-2020, 04:16 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
China has started to install railguns on some of their destroyers. Probably guided...............

I bet Chinas rounds cost them less then 5K each.

The average age of all of their equipment is much lower then ours, and the cost is vastly lower..............
"Probably" and "I bet" are poor arguments.
You should try to prove your point. Or just make points that can be proven.

Here is an intelligent discussion of the pros and cons of railguns and why they don't really matter. In the end, the writer feels that railguns are useful for bragging rights only. Kind of remind me of Sputnik, which meant nothing other than good PR.
https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...-in-war-2019-1

Old 09-02-2020, 04:26 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
It appears Putin's Russia is no longer any friend of the CCP, if they ever really were. It was mostly a financial/arms/technology transfer sort of arrangement between them. But since Xi started claiming Vladivostok, and much of the peninsula it is situated on is Chinese territory "since ancient times", there seems to have been a bit of a falling out. There's also some reported tension along the Sino-Russian border that has something to do with Covid refugees, but I haven't kept up on it.

Either way, Putin suspended the sale of their most sophisticated anti aircraft missiles to China about a month or so back, due to this tension.

It's also worth noting that very recently, 2-3 weeks maybe, North Korea (yes North) fired on Chinese fishing boats operating in their waters. Apparently the CCP is even stealing from their communist buddies. The Chinese fishing fleet has even invaded the waters of the Galapagos Islands, pizzing off Ecuador. They're stealing fish there also.

With the floods and locust infestation in China this year, it's an almost foregone conclusion the Chinese are facing a famine of epic proportions. Things are looking a little bleak for the CCP. And the world knows they don't negotiate in good faith. Even their "gold bars" turn out to be gold plated tungsten.

What will they do?

CN
Hadn't heard this. But then with our incompetent TDS media, that's not a surprise. That is truly major.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies