Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 11:15 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDuper View Post
Very interesting theory, thank you. I’d love to read more about this concept, and Critical Race Theory overall.
In truth, because racism exists and is a lived experience for some, how does one know when something isn’t racist? This is particularly difficult to assess if it’s not one’s own lived experience. Therein lies the conundrum of the issue.
The bible for everything related to Critical Theory, postmodernism, "wokeism" in general is New Discources:
https://newdiscourses.com/

The site was founded by James Lindsay and others who exposed the Critical Theorists by making up proposterous academic papers which were published as a "great advancement is scholarly research" because these people literally cannot distinguish BS from the drivel they promote. Lindsay has taken the time to read all the 'academic' papers and summarized all the insanity they contain

I also have a main thread here on Critical Race Theory:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-doctrine.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 11:19 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
I'm done. Everyone I know is done. Huge NFL fans all......

NBA numbers were down 23% for the first week of the PLAYOFFS. Down over 40% over the past decade. MLB is in a decline as well. The NFL has to be stupid to take this approach......Once an audience finds a substitute, they may be gone forever.....

Funny thing is, I bet few of the Owners/Mgmt even care about BLM.........they just have to go along with the franchise.......

Old 09-14-2020, 11:21 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Pro athletes = laziest activists in the history of our species.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:26 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Sorry if I incorrectly mistook what you said as rationalization for violence. As for the systemic argument, it really betrays the truth behind their motivations. They can't point to actual racism, so they say systemic, and the narrative is revealed as a Marxist concept that any system that produces a disparate outcome is itself bad. That is the adopted foundation for Critical Race Theory, that any system that results in a dark skinned person having a poor outcome automatically makes that system racist (regardless of what responsibility or actions that person has for the outcome).

It's illogical and Marxist/Communist and is fundamentally just a jedi mind trick to seize power for the purpetrators of the theory
So Africa has systemic racism?

Old 09-14-2020, 11:31 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Last night's ratings 28% down. NFL was expecting a huge boost in ratings because of all the people at home because of coronavirus

‘Sunday Night Football’ Season Debut Ratings Fall From 2019 As LA Rams Score Hometown Win Over Cowboys
https://deadline.com/2020/09/rams-nf...es-1234576202/
Good.

Hopefully this continues until they get the message that their only purpose is entertainment and their political BS is not entertaining.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:15 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I watched my game. I didn't like the outcome (loss at New England), but it sure was nice to have football back. I didn't see any protesting.

Too bad some football fans have decided to punish themselves by 'cancelling" football. Actually.....who cares. The stadium was empty, and the crowd noise was being broadcasted over the audio system.
The boycott is real! And its more people than you'd care to think. Shove your political bs down our throats? Buh Bye!

Old 09-14-2020, 02:23 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Tom Brady-Drew Brees duel leads to monster TV ratings for FOX Sports

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers-New Orleans Saints game Sunday that featured Tom Brady against Drew Brees delivered big time .. for FOX Sports.

The network released the ratings and they were through the roof.

The Saints-Bucs drew a 16.2/35 overnight rating, which was Fox’s highest such rating for a Week 1 game since 2016. Fox Sports PR projects that the game is on pace to become the most-watched event of any kind since the Super Bowl, eclipsing Thursday night’s Chiefs-Texans game.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:27 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Basically what people have been saying, NFL is a hard habit to kick so instead of watching 4-5 games per week, people are going to hone in on one game per week. This was the big one, Drew Brees said kneeling for the flag was disrespectful and all the woke players destroyed him for it even if he's been one of the biggest donors to poor people in new Orleans. And he was going up against Tom Brady (Trump friend and supporter), his debut away from New England for the first time in 20 years

Old 09-14-2020, 03:14 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Basically what people have been saying, NFL is a hard habit to kick so instead of watching 4-5 games per week, people are going to hone in on one game per week. This was the big one, Drew Brees said kneeling for the flag was disrespectful and all the woke players destroyed him for it even if he's been one of the biggest donors to poor people in new Orleans. And he was going up against Tom Brady (Trump friend and supporter), his debut away from New England for the first time in 20 years
Brady and Trump where friends, but when reports starting swirling that Brady endorsed Trump, Brady quickly put out the word that he was not yet decided on how he was going to vote. To this day he has remained silent about that, while Mrs Brady said he did not vote for Trump. So who knows for sure.

Brady had also said he thought his old friend was divisive, not long after the SOB comment.
He also indicated he was not going to visit the WH after his last Super Bowl victory, had a visit been scheduled. Although I believe Brady is just a guy who does not do White House visits regardless as to whom is President.

Old 09-14-2020, 03:20 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
The boycott is real! And its more people than you'd care to think. Shove your political bs down our throats? Buh Bye!
Bue-bue. No clue what you mean by "your political bs", but no worries. I didn't see any political stuff from any side, I just saw the game.

The more the politickers boycott / cancel, the better. Maybe I can pick up some nice seats for the next season.
Quote:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers-New Orleans Saints game Sunday that featured Tom Brady against Drew Brees delivered big time .. for FOX Sports.

The network released the ratings and they were through the roof.

The Saints-Bucs drew a 16.2/35 overnight rating, which was Fox’s highest such rating for a Week 1 game since 2016. Fox Sports PR projects that the game is on pace to become the most-watched event of any kind since the Super Bowl, eclipsing Thursday night’s Chiefs-Texans game.
Sure. Of course people wanted to see how Brady does with the Bucs.

Highest rating ever. Wow. The cancelers must be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Brady had also said he thought his old friend was divisive
So, they have met once or twice and now they are old friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies