Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 03:21 PM

380 posts, read 125,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
No, I'm not implying anything. Look at the stats and their physical abilities. I'm straight saying that I wouldn't even play if I were the black athletes. You guys are ok with them as long as they "shut-up and entertain" you guys. However, as soon as they standup for something like racism it's a big deal. And don't bring up bringing in politics to sports. When it's something you agree with it's ok. "I love how they honored vets! Oh, that flyover was beautiful! I'm glad they are wearing pink for cancer awareness!".
Here's the difference: The players are pushing a false narrative. It's all a lie, whether you like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 04:07 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
I can go all but pretend like racists cops aren't a problem.
No need to pretend, there is no racist cop problem. None of those is about race, same thing happens to white suspects

Need to increase police funding for better training and weeding out the 1 in a 1000 that are unfit for the job

Old 09-16-2020, 06:59 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
None of that is what BLM stands for. When some white kid that's a member of the NRA shoots up a store do you group all of NRA under him? I doubt it. Some cops are hunting blacks. There have been numerous cops caught on recordings saying just that. And we aren't equal according to some people. I grew up in a majority white town/suburb (93%) and some were bold enough to say it. This wasn't in the 30's but just 15 years ago in Mississippi. Some of my best friends were white but their parents were racists pieces of $%^$ that still lived in the past. They would tell me the stuff their parents would say. No one said that all whites are horrible. Don't group all of us together. Like I said, I grew up around whites and some of them were the best humans I've ever meet. I still talk to some today. Not all blacks are criminals and/or look suspicious taking a late night walk through their own neighborhood.

Don't let the extremists determine what BLM stands for. I don't let the extremists determine what the Rep. stand for.
BLM are an anti-white racist hate group. I am sorry to rain on your parade: https://www.takimag.com/article/blms-hitlerian-heart/

Old 09-16-2020, 07:12 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
One if the founders of BLM has said "were trainedMarxists". They can't be more clear.

And with all due respect I don't agree with much of your assertions here.
Indeed-

If BLM was about equality of blacks and whites, everyone would support it. It is not.

BLM is about:

1. Marxism

2. Black Supremacy

There is nothing “equal” about demanding $12 trillion in “repararatiins”.

There is nothing equal in demanding lower admission standards in college

There is nothing equal in demanding “quotas” for every job (except pro sports) when there are more qualified applicants

There is nothing equal in blacks destroying billions of dollars in property when a black criminal is killed

There is nothing equal in demanding whites kneel it raise a fist in support of BLM, or be harassed or injured

There is nothing equal in BLM members demanding extortion money from businesses

There is nothing equal in demanding the dismantling of police departments so BLM can commit crimes

There is nothing equal in looting businesses

There is nothing equal in holding citizens hostage in BLM zones

There is nothing equal in infringing on the rights of others to “make a political statement”

BLM, like ANTIFA, is a domestic terrorist organization equivalent to “insurgents” in other nations. They cannot and will not abide by the laws of the nation and seek “super citizen” status in which they are immune from criminal prosecution, can destroy property without consequence, and demand large cash payments for thier skin color.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:14 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,865,290 times
This thread is still going? Ya'll are really bothered by the NFL trying to support equality aren't you? Anyways, you missed a great week 1 in the NFL. I can't wait for week 2. Yes, Black Lives Matter, & Cam's shoes on Sunday were smokin.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:19 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
None of that is what BLM stands for. When some white kid that's a member of the NRA shoots up a store do you group all of NRA under him? .
Nope, but if thousands did all over the country, then that changes things.

And that's whats happening in the name of BLM.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:24 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
This thread is still going? Ya'll are really bothered by the NFL trying to support equality aren't you? n.
Translation: "EQUALITY" = Trillions in reparations, blacks control every facet of America.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:28 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,568,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I understand that my facts hurt your feelings, but the fact is clear, week 1 of the 2020 NFL season saw less viewers despite having a new inflated rating advantage than 2019.

You keep using deception like most sports watched minutes since the Super Bowl, which is pure propaganda, because it ignores that there have been ZERO big sports weekends since the Super Bowl. No March Madness. No NBA finals. This weekend had NFL, the return of college football, MLB in the playoff hunt, NBA playoffs. I shouldn't have to explain this to you. If you were thinking and not being partisan, you would see that the drop in NFL ratings with MORE sports viewers is actually troubling.

I am amazed that the self-proclaimed "party of science" is continually denying obvious and basic facts like the overall NFL ratings.

I am amazed that this party of science isn't scientific enough to understand the stupidity of looking at overall sportsviewers being up when discussing specifically NFL viewership.

For a fact the NFL had improving ratings for 2 years straight and week 1 of 2020 was very disappointing.
And the CEO of Fanatics, Michael Rubin reported “Football is back! NFL sales jump more than 35% for opening weekend vs last year, setting a record for best start ever to the NFL season.”

https://theathletic.com/2068692/2020...c-as-reported/

You bet against the NFL and see how that works for you. I'll buy every bit of NFL stock that you're selling.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:34 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
And the CEO of Fanatics, Michael Rubin reported “Football is back! NFL sales jump more than 35% for opening weekend vs last year, setting a record for best start ever to the NFL season.”

https://theathletic.com/2068692/2020...c-as-reported/

You bet against the NFL and see how that works for you. I'll buy every bit of NFL stock that you're selling.
I highly doubt this, nobody is lining up to buy NFL gear to wear at their homes.

For the first time ever I did not watch the NFL either and am not participating in fantasy football either.

Old 09-17-2020, 01:49 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
This thread is still going? Ya'll are really bothered by the NFL trying to support equality aren't you? Anyways, you missed a great week 1 in the NFL. I can't wait for week 2. Yes, Black Lives Matter, & Cam's shoes on Sunday were smokin.

Support the burning, looting and murder, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies