Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2020, 07:40 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Anytime ratings drop with sports it HAS to be political....
No, not anytime.....you miss the point. This is people across the country, including literally everyone I know over the age of 30, stating that they will not watch the NFL any longer. And everyone I hear about...and everyone they know.....get it...?

Then I watch the ratings drop....Hmmmmm.....coincidence? I think not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 09:48 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
And once again, today I will not watch the Minnesota Vikings I was raised as a fan of.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:03 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,234,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
And once again, today I will not watch the Minnesota Vikings I was raised as a fan of.
I got in a nice day of college football yesterday with some really good games that were "woke" free.

ESPN went woke during the Mississippi St vs Florida game, so I bailed out. But all the other games I watched were Burn Loot Murder free.

Haven't missed NFL at all this season - won't be part of the hypocrisy and woke-fest.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:09 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Honestly, we're on week 3 and if the NFL is supporting protests and BLM...I have barely seen or heard a word of it during the actual games...I might catch a commercial and the commentators may say a word of it....but it's not like the NBA at all. The NBA is completely swamped in "woke" messages, and it's even more frustrating that they actually have NBA players completely ignorant of the facts of cases as spokesmen of "change." It's extremely nauseating.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:11 AM

1,169 posts, read 751,539 times
Let’s have more posts here about how we won’t watch any more NFL games in protest and then write about the results of the NFL games, or how we only watch to see wha happens

Old 09-27-2020, 10:14 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,677 times
Instead of the NFL flapping their gums and posting words, what exactly are they doing to help these black communities they say they care so much about. Wouldnt deeds not words make more sense, and maybe get some fans back?

Old 09-27-2020, 10:14 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,468,698 times
As a black man I can say none of this "wokeness" has affected me one bit.

I'm not richer, more educated, more prosperous, or treated special just because rich blacks want to kneel between trips to the Gucci store and strip club.

Don't believe for one second that any of these empty gestures are doing anything to benefit normal black people.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:32 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
I got in a nice day of college football yesterday with some really good games that were "woke" free.

ESPN went woke during the Mississippi St vs Florida game, so I bailed out. But all the other games I watched were Burn Loot Murder free.

Haven't missed NFL at all this season - won't be part of the hypocrisy and woke-fest.
Weren't some college teams kneeling on sidelines?

Freaking sickening.

It's not so much about disrespect of the flag/anthem for me, as it is their ignorant support of communist ideology, that really sticks in my craw. To hell with them and their embrace of an ideology so demonic hundreds of millions have died from it.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:46 PM

26,503 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Honestly, we're on week 3 and if the NFL is supporting protests and BLM...I have barely seen or heard a word of it during the actual games...I might catch a commercial and the commentators may say a word of it....but it's not like the NBA at all. The NBA is completely swamped in "woke" messages, and it's even more frustrating that they actually have NBA players completely ignorant of the facts of cases as spokesmen of "change." It's extremely nauseating.
Facts don't matter. Emotions and being "on the right side of history" matters.

These fascists will try to ruin your life if you dare question or present facts that they have feelings against.

The left is ruining democracy. No free discussion and certain facts are outlawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies