Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2020, 04:53 AM

2,706 posts, read 2,207,814 times

Advertisements

I can't wait for the NFL and especially Drew Brees goes down the tube for kissing blm ass!!!! I will not watch them anymore nor will I buy anything related to the NFL or Drew Brees. I also hope Drew Brees has his worse season ever and retires as a loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 05:03 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I was just starting to watch NFL last year... Then they became political and now I have zero interest... My dad still watches and cusses them out for their political messaging but still watches...

Old 10-30-2020, 10:58 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
NFL viewership down and study suggests it’s over protests
But the league cites other reasons
https://theundefeated.com/features/n...over-protests/

According to a recent internal memo from the NFL, the numbers have dropped. The memo addressed the league’s concern about declining viewership, stating that as of Week 4, ratings were down by 11 percent.

While the NFL attributes the decline in ratings to the presidential race, a study conducted by Rasmussen Reports shows otherwise. Approximately 1,000 American adults participated in a telephone questionnaire on Oct. 2-3 that revealed nearly one-third (32 percent) are “less likely to watch an NFL game” due to players taking a stand and protesting the national anthem. Thirteen percent want to watch a game because of the protests. Fifty-two percent do not base their viewing choice on the protests at all. But the league executives disagree.

Old 11-23-2020, 03:32 PM

2020 NBA draft's 2.65m average viewers the lowest since 2009
ESPN suffers 16% YoY viewership slump.
https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/...tice-coalition

Old 11-23-2020, 03:36 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,357,694 times
Pittsburgh Steelers Merch Dealer CONFIRMS NFL's social justice MESSAGES HURT SALES for BUSINESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNQrw5W7134

Old 11-23-2020, 03:43 PM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
I’m a long time football fan. I decided that I will continue watching the games as I find them very enjoyable. But I’ve compartmentalized the social justice message and have just ignored it all.

As far as merchandise, I definitely wouldn’t buy anything anymore as I don’t want to help promote the league.

Also, as far as the players, I do not support their message off the field. In fact, if I ever ran into a player off the field, I’d just ignore them. Once they step off the field, they have no meaning to me.

Old 11-23-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I’m a long time football fan. I decided that I will continue watching the games as I find them very enjoyable. But I’ve compartmentalized the social justice message and have just ignored it all.

As far as merchandise, I definitely wouldn’t buy anything anymore as I don’t want to help promote the league.

Also, as far as the players, I do not support their message off the field. In fact, if I ever ran into a player off the field, I’d just ignore them. Once they step off the field, they have no meaning to me.
Pretty much same for me, I watch 1 game per week and no more, and refuse to buy any products. The NBA on the other hand, I will never watch another game, draft, or highlight reel as long as I live. That piece of human garbage LeBron James might as well have the same athletic ability as Rosie O'Donnell it's no difference to me now

Old 11-23-2020, 03:51 PM

3,073 posts, read 1,299,703 times
I think now that Trump is out of office we will never hear any of this stuff again anyway. Sporting leagues never once lost their mind during the Obama presidency despite numerous police incidents of the same magnitude happening then

Old 11-23-2020, 04:37 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Looking back on my time watching professional and even college sports seems so banal, immature, meaningless, and pointless, now that I don't do it anymore. How trivial they are.

Old 11-23-2020, 04:58 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why is it important you to think ratings are down? Does it make you feel like you 'win' something if you think less people watch sports? Only partisan hacks post fake news about NFL rating as if someone actually cares how many other people watch TV while you watch it.
Finn,
You've taken a strong anti-scientific method position on this topic. You've denied the available evidence for a political agenda that has given you a predetermined conclusion not based on the evidence.

I was wondering if you have finally admitted reality that ratings are down.

Quote:
Last week’s Sunday Night Football Patriots vs. Ravens game – featuring two of the best quarterbacks in the league and arguably the best coach in NFL history – saw its ratings collapse 31% over last year’s Week 10 game.

In fact, last week’s game became “the season’s least-watched Sunday game,” according to Breitbart.

Sports Media Watch reported: “Ratings have dropped for all 11 NFL games on NBC this season, with viewership down for all-but-one.”

Monday Night Football also saw a similar tick down in ratings. It averaged 11.45 million viewers this past week, which was a 28% decline from the Monday night game last season.
https://nationandstate.com/2020/11/2...to-the-season/

NFL Primetime ratings continue their collapse, despite the new metric that allows them for the first time ever to count people in restaurants watching the game. Plus with a million less fans in the stadiums every week there are more NFL viewers. The ratings should be up for those 2 reasons; they are down.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 11-23-2020 at 05:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies