Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2020, 01:09 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

NFL can do as they please. I haven't watched a game since the kneeling started. First few weeks was a challenge to not at least check the scores, but I got over it. Same as when I quit Skoal. That first week was brutal, then I got past it. There is a lot more to life than the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 09:12 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
NFL can do as they please. I haven't watched a game since the kneeling started. First few weeks was a challenge to not at least check the scores, but I got over it. Same as when I quit Skoal. That first week was brutal, then I got past it. There is a lot more to life than the NFL.
Also when the refs started protecting the QB’s the way they do. Why all these modern day passing records are a joke. Johnny Unitas and Fran Tarkenton actually had to be football players.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:38 AM

3,648 posts, read 1,602,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Also when the refs started protecting the QB’s the way they do. Why all these modern day passing records are a joke. Johnny Unitas and Fran Tarkenton actually had to be football players.

I'm ok protecting the QB. Steve Young couldn't play again after one big hit. NFL denied how dangerous concussions were most of it's history. One a QB starts running with the ball, ok now you can tackle him.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:42 AM

546 posts, read 243,233 times
NFL is on life support...

Old 11-24-2020, 10:03 AM

1,969 posts, read 544,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The NFL has already screwed themselves once. Looks like it will happen again.

If they can just learn a few lessons from the other sports (and I don't know why baseball stupidly decided to adopt BLM), then they'll find that fans are not interested in politics mixing with sports.
nailed it. sports is release from all the troubles we have. no one wants that shxx 24/7

Old 11-24-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Football won't suffer. People watch because of the play. Isn't that why you watch. Why do we care what they do before the game. You really underestimate the football fans. They just want to watch the game. And during these stressful times we really need sports.
people are pissed about blm. its that simple. good citizens who work hard and believe in eqality got bitxh slapped by a group we never offended. so seeing it angers people.

Old 11-24-2020, 10:21 AM

7,369 posts, read 3,533,397 times
Football is a barbaric male dominated contact sport. The game needs to evolve to modern times. My proposed changes:

1. Less competitive
2. Social distancing/no tackles
3. Cheerleaders and players should be of all genders/more diverse and not sexually demean women
4. The overall feel of the game should be not an intense sport but something where equal opportunity is presented of all different body types and abilities.

I guess in other words the football field should resemble America.

Old 11-24-2020, 10:26 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Football is a barbaric male dominated contact sport. The game needs to evolve to modern times. My proposed changes:

1. Less competitive
2. Social distancing/no tackles
3. Cheerleaders and players should be of all genders/more diverse and not sexually demean women
4. The overall feel of the game should be not an intense sport but something where equal opportunity is presented of all different body types and abilities.

I guess in other words the football field should resemble America.
In other words, it should become like professional chess. Meh, I'd be OK with that. Chess is far more civilized than football could ever hope to be, yet it's every bit as competitive. But if the chess players ever succumb to the BLM nonsense, they can count me out.

Old 11-24-2020, 10:43 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Not a good comparison. Today's players are bigger, stronger and faster then ever before. If they played today under the rules of the era you reference a QB could get damn near killed.

Old 11-24-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How stupid. Do you watch the games for entertainment or for what they wear. If you are a fan then you wouldn't care.
do you own stock? yeesh people are done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies