Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 09:03 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ill-not-relent

NFL to feature social justice messages on end zones in every stadium as Goodell says league will 'not relent'
by Emma Colton, Social Media Manager | September 02, 2020 09:54 AM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell doubled down on the league's support for Black Lives Matter activism, including featuring social justice messages on end zones.

“The NFL stands with the black community, the players, clubs, and fans,” Goodell said Tuesday. “We will not relent in our work.”

“Confronting recent systemic racism with tangible and productive steps is absolutely essential ... We will redouble our efforts to be catalysts for the urgent and sustainable change that our society and communities so desperately need," he continued.

I wonder if Roger Goodell will address the systemic racism of black players that think Hews control the world

Not holding my breath on that one
Who cares. If you don't like it, don't watch the NFL.

Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 07:26 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,216 times
Broncos vs the Jets last night. I think I would rather watch a rerun of the debate as bad as that was.

Zero interest in the NFL after a lifetime of being a fan.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:12 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,233,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Facts don't matter. Emotions and being "on the right side of history" matters.

These fascists will try to ruin your life if you dare question or present facts that they have feelings against.

The left is ruining democracy. No free discussion and certain facts are outlawed.
All I can say is...if NFL teams are hiding out in locker rooms during the real Nat'l Anthem, they are playing a second/fake anthem, and players are still running up and down the field with stickers that have the names of criminals on the back....I'm out.

Compound that with the face presented by the *real* BLM on the streets with, literally, Burning-Looting-Murdering.

Then when I see some contrived heart string tug pulling commercial that (only) Black Lives Matter - that gets a loud FU from me.

I haven't watched a single play of any NFL game this season.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:37 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Broncos vs the Jets last night. I think I would rather watch a rerun of the debate as bad as that was.

Zero interest in the NFL after a lifetime of being a fan.
I haven't watched any sports programs since the inmates were allowed to run the asylum. The pro football team I have followed for years is 3-0 and expecting to go far this year but they will do it without me. I haven't missed them at all, kind of nice to have the extra time for more important things.

Last night's Laker playoff game had the lowest viewing numbers since numbers were kept. I hope it continues.
Let the weak support the Marxist criminals..

Old 10-12-2020, 08:50 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Apparently the NBA finals ratings were trash. With so many more millions at home due to China Virus. Hmmm..

Old 10-12-2020, 09:11 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,254,619 times
No one is entitled to be entertained by black athletes. Lebron can speak out if he wants; he's allowed to do more than dribble.

However black athletes are also not entitled to a platform if they alienate their fan base.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
No one is entitled to be entertained by black athletes. Lebron can speak out if he wants; he's allowed to do more than dribble.

However black athletes are also not entitled to a platform if they alienate their fan base.
But don't forget: it is a sport that was an invented by one of those evil "old white men" (James Naysmith). If not for that evil old white man and all the white boys who played the game in its infancy, well...LeBron would not be worth a half a billion dollars today and apparently a voice fools look to for guidance.

He is really is profoundly ignorant, in so many ways..

Old 10-12-2020, 09:53 PM

I think I heard David Silver (NBA commish) is going to put an end to all the social justice/racial agenda next season. M

Ratings for NBA finals were down SEVENTY PERCENT.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:57 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Apparently the NBA finals ratings were trash. With so many more millions at home due to China Virus. Hmmm..
I haven't watched the NBA since Shaq/Kobe 3-peated in LA, but I was stunned when I read the story about the ratings. Millions of people are basically home, and the NBA Finals had the lowest ratings since the league began tracking ratings.

That says a lot for the general public's willingness to tolerate the NBA's virtue-signaling.

Old 10-12-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I haven't watched the NBA since Shaq/Kobe 3-peated in LA, but I was stunned when I read the story about the ratings. Millions of people are basically home, and the NBA Finals had the lowest ratings since the league began tracking ratings.

That says a lot for the general public's willingness to tolerate the NBA's virtue-signaling.
I love it. Best news since ACB was nominated.

Watch...now LeBron is gonna claim it's "racism" that is to blame for the epic crash in ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies