Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2020, 02:30 AM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I do not agree that, "Kids growing up through this will have their whole behavior changed. This will definitely impact them psychologically." I have grandkids. They are doing fine.

For most routine follow up doctors appointments telemedicine visits do just fine. Most screenings can safely be postponed a few months. People should not hesitate to have urgent problems seen.

Did not watch all of the video. Stopped when he launched into the misinterpretation of the CDC death data.

The situation is not ideal, but we will get through it, and kids are more resilient than you give them credit for.

I have not seen anywhere that said everyone was forbidden to go to work or school. I did see where some people were paid more for not working than they usually earned.
OBGYN appointments for a time were done via telemedicine. My step sister is now dead because of it. She was pregnant and their neglect killed her. She'd be alive today had they not stopped doing routine examinations. She was only 27 years old.

A lot of people applied for unemployment and never received a cent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 07:59 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
OBGYN appointments for a time were done via telemedicine. My step sister is now dead because of it. She was pregnant and their neglect killed her. She'd be alive today had they not stopped doing routine examinations. She was only 27 years old.

A lot of people applied for unemployment and never received a cent.
I am so sorry for your sister! What a terrible thing to happen, but almost inevitable with the constraints of docs working during the Pandemic.

If you can please provide more details on what transpired. Maybe there was or is some solution in preventing such tragedies.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I am so sorry for your sister! What a terrible thing to happen, but almost inevitable with the constraints of docs working during the Pandemic.

If you can please provide more details on what transpired. Maybe there was or is some solution in preventing such tragedies.
She had preeclampsia. Because the check-ups were done over the phone, there were no urine checks for elevated protein. There was no physical check of her body. So, the early signs were missed. She was not diagnosed until after it advanced to the point that she had to be rushed to the hospital where she underwent an emergency c-section.

The hospital is the same one that was going to let me die little over two years ago when my insides swelled shut due to medical neglect on their part of my Crohn's disease.

They found her dead in the room days later from a pulmonary embolism. They had not been checking on her much because of the whole covid thing and weren't allowing anyone to be with her. So, there was no one in there to get help for her at the onset of symptoms.

Had she been having regular pregnancy check-ups then the initial problem would have been discovered and treated in its early stages and it might not have got to the point it did. She might not have had to have a c-section at all, or at least it might have been not so rushed and better controlled. She died of medical neglect.

There was only one case of covid in the hospital at the time. They were not overwhelmed. They were just neglectful.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
She had preeclampsia. Because the check-ups were done over the phone, there were no urine checks for elevated protein. There was no physical check of her body. So, the early signs were missed. She was not diagnosed until after it advanced to the point that she had to be rushed to the hospital where she underwent an emergency c-section.

The hospital is the same one that was going to let me die little over two years ago when my insides swelled shut due to medical neglect on their part of my Crohn's disease.

They found her dead in the room days later from a pulmonary embolism. They had not been checking on her much because of the whole covid thing and weren't allowing anyone to be with her. So, there was no one in there to get help for her at the onset of symptoms.

Had she been having regular pregnancy check-ups then the initial problem would have been discovered and treated in its early stages and it might not have got to the point it did. She might not have had to have a c-section at all, or at least it might have been not so rushed and better controlled. She died of medical neglect.

There was only one case of covid in the hospital at the time. They were not overwhelmed. They were just neglectful.
A terrible story! Again, my condolences.

My wife would have been dead in March if I weren't a doc. And not simply from Covid. In fact her Covid test came back as positive 10 days after her premature discharge. A premature discharge because so many in the hospital were worried about Covid 19, yet as you we had few cases in our small town. I had to send her back by ambulance as her O2 sat was 70% on room air, and they did not send her home with oxygen!

And post-discharge follow ups and lab testing were almost impossible, because then she was Covid Positive and no one wanted her in any lab or clinic! As a doc I could manage her, but what about families with no medical people? I had to pay OOP for a special nurse to come to the house to draw her blood. Every week since early April! Of course I'm still fighting for her insurance to cover these costs!

Old 09-04-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
A terrible story! Again, my condolences.

My wife would have been dead in March if I weren't a doc. And not simply from Covid. In fact her Covid test came back as positive 10 days after her premature discharge. A premature discharge because so many in the hospital were worried about Covid 19, yet as you we had few cases in our small town. I had to send her back by ambulance as her O2 sat was 70% on room air, and they did not send her home with oxygen!

And post-discharge follow ups and lab testing were almost impossible, because then she was Covid Positive and no one wanted her in any lab or clinic! As a doc I could manage her, but what about families with no medical people? I had to pay OOP for a special nurse to come to the house to draw her blood. Every week since early April! Of course I'm still fighting for her insurance to cover these costs!
There are two positive cases upstairs from me. One is directly above my apartment. Although, I think they allowed him to go stay in the other apartment with his wife. It was a husband and wife with it and for some reason they had their own apartments, but he takes care of her. She's wheelchair bound. But I think he is now in her apartment because the other day he was coughing so bad that he sounded like he was going to come through the ceiling and now it's silent up there. They each weren't to leave their apartments at all, and so I think they agreed to let him go be with her since she can't take care of herself. He's too noisy to still be up there.

The preventive measures the building enacted don't help anything. For example, at first they locked down the room with the sink where people had been washing their hands when they came into the building. So, instead of people washing their hands right away they came into the building and had to touch a lot of surfaces just to get to their apartments which of course spread whatever was on their hands all over the building. They finally reopened that room, but then they put in four hand sanitizing stands. This might be good if it was hand sanitizer in them, but instead they put in foaming hand soap. So, we got all these medical people coming in and out using those things thinking they are sanitizing their hands. The soap is very sticky, and it won't rub in all the way. They touch the inside of the elevators and other surfaces spreading sticky residue everywhere. In the meantime, they are visiting fragile people with who knows what on their hands.

I don't know how the covid couple are getting food. They cannot leave. No one visits them to bring them any food. Their trash is piling up inside their tiny rooms, so it can't smell good in there. They aren't allowed to take the trash out. The hallway is going to be ripe up there eventually if it isn't already. I don't go up there since I found out about them.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the health care providers that infected them. They rarely ever went anywhere because she couldn't get around very good. The health care providers all wear masks. It sure didn't stop it from spreading.

Old 09-04-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
There are two positive cases upstairs from me. One is directly above my apartment. Although, I think they allowed him to go stay in the other apartment with his wife. It was a husband and wife with it and for some reason they had their own apartments, but he takes care of her. She's wheelchair bound. But I think he is now in her apartment because the other day he was coughing so bad that he sounded like he was going to come through the ceiling and now it's silent up there. They each weren't to leave their apartments at all, and so I think they agreed to let him go be with her since she can't take care of herself. He's too noisy to still be up there.

The preventive measures the building enacted don't help anything. For example, at first they locked down the room with the sink where people had been washing their hands when they came into the building. So, instead of people washing their hands right away they came into the building and had to touch a lot of surfaces just to get to their apartments which of course spread whatever was on their hands all over the building. They finally reopened that room, but then they put in four hand sanitizing stands. This might be good if it was hand sanitizer in them, but instead they put in foaming hand soap. So, we got all these medical people coming in and out using those things thinking they are sanitizing their hands. The soap is very sticky, and it won't rub in all the way. They touch the inside of the elevators and other surfaces spreading sticky residue everywhere. In the meantime, they are visiting fragile people with who knows what on their hands.

I don't know how the covid couple are getting food. They cannot leave. No one visits them to bring them any food. Their trash is piling up inside their tiny rooms, so it can't smell good in there. They aren't allowed to take the trash out. The hallway is going to be ripe up there eventually if it isn't already. I don't go up there since I found out about them.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the health care providers that infected them. They rarely ever went anywhere because she couldn't get around very good. The health care providers all wear masks. It sure didn't stop it from spreading.
It is very sad that they don't have more supports. My wife and I sick with Covid in March, had friends and family for assistance.

Old 09-07-2020, 12:26 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
A thread full of sociopaths. "Let em all die".

Good Lord.

Can't imagine why this country's in the shape its in.
I know, it's appalling.

Old 09-07-2020, 12:45 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Oh really, so the hospitals are running at full function now? They rehired all of the furloughed staff? They resumed all services several months ago? Really now?
Oh really, do you think I made it up?

https://khn.org/news/some-hospitals-...vid-19-crisis/

https://www.capradio.org/articles/20...19-cases-rise/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/hosp...us-crisis.html

Old 09-14-2020, 03:32 PM

67 posts, read 40,510 times
Quote:
In the USA the typical Covid 19 death averages at about age 78. In the USA a typical 78 y/o has another 8-10 years of life. No doubt because of those same risk factors most of those 78 y/o dying from Covid 19 this year, would not live so long. But an extra 150+K of our people dying this year from this is a major national tragedy. Those who don't respect that, don't get mine!
Bull****

The national avg death rate is around 78-80

The avg covid death is the same as the avg death from anything else

Old 09-14-2020, 03:45 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Many people have the complicating factors. Simple high blood pressure is one of them. 46% of Americans have it. If you get mauled by a bear and die in surgery because you’re diabetic and they couldn’t control your blood sugar in the operating room the bear still killed you.
Didn't you read the statement by the CDC? They said 94%, on average, had three comorbidity, not just one, and not just high blood pressure. So at least make an analogy that is closer to the truth.

The point is, 9,000 people out of the 6,500,000 people who we know have tested positive, and there very well may be tens of thousands more who caught the virus that we never will know about. Do the math, that's a 0.0015% mortality rate, for healthy people, and those with just one other comorbidity.

So, we concentrate on keeping our sick and elderly safe, while the rest us healthy people are about as safe from this virus as we are from the common flu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies