Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 07:53 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times

Advertisements

An 11 year old kid was shot and killed in that part of DC at a 4th of July cookout when a group of punks started shooting the place up. BLM should be more upset about that than some street punk getting shot while pulling a gun on a cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 07:56 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
If some criminal have guns around you and are not complying with your orders, what would you propose we do?

Send them flowers? Maybe a spa day?
No...the liberals who are behind the anti-police hysteria live in segregated areas---economically segregated. They won't see the violence their crusade is unleashing-- as gangs are emboldened when police retreat.

And should it ever come to them, they will hire security, move to a better area, build a wall around their house...with a BLM mural on it, of course.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
I think police should see if they can lasso criminals, and if they miss, they miss.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:10 AM

6,671 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think police should see if they can lasso criminals, and if they miss, they miss.
I keep advocating for those "Running Man" movie Net guns.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:10 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Haha. I like it. Perhaps cops should roshambo criminals, or have an Indian rug burn match to determine if they go to jail or not. Scissors/rock/paper?

Old 09-03-2020, 08:34 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
The funny thing is these fools in the article talk about diversity and representation of minorities in the MPD. Do they realize that the MPD force is majority black? Growing up in the DC area and going to DC plenty of times, I have always noticed that there are a lot of black DC police officers. Yes, the demographics of the city has changed since I was growing up, but the police force is still majority black.

Also where this shooting took place is in Congress Heights. That is a bad neighborhood. East of the Anacostia River is still pretty dangerous. They have pretty high rates of gun violence there. I do agree that we should get all of the facts and see if this was justified, but don’t fool yourself into thinking that defunding the MPD will bring great results for people who live in these neighborhoods.
So only gun violence? Do they have an aversion to knives and blunt objects?

Old 09-03-2020, 08:52 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I keep advocating for those "Running Man" movie Net guns.
LOL - there ya go. That might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Haha. I like it. Perhaps cops should roshambo criminals, or have an Indian rug burn match to determine if they go to jail or not. Scissors/rock/paper?
I believe you meant to say 'Native American rug burn', but yes - good ideas!

Soon the police will just be yelling, 'Wait until your father gets home', at which point they'll be chastised because a) not everyone has a father, b) not everyone has a home, c) threatening people creates trauma and d) yelling is wrong - use your indoor voice.

I swear if someone stood before a cop and shot himself, there would be rioting because the cop didn't stop him.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:10 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
video is out, good shoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjGBrURQJE

Old 09-04-2020, 03:57 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
They shot as they were running away. Let’s see if the guns were in their possession or what happened. Is Shooting the only answer?
I know that you excuse any criminal action by a black person, but the thug was ignoring the cop’s direction “don’t move,” spun around with a gun in his hand, and started moving toward the cop.

And shooting was the answer here, unless of course in your anti-police fervor you think a cop’s life is worth less than a defiant black thug, who not only was defying police orders but was within a fraction of a second of killing him.

Old 09-04-2020, 08:08 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
LOL - there ya go. That might work.

I believe you meant to say 'Native American rug burn', but yes - good ideas!

Soon the police will just be yelling, 'Wait until your father gets home', at which point they'll be chastised because a) not everyone has a father, b) not everyone has a home, c) threatening people creates trauma and d) yelling is wrong - use your indoor voice.

I swear if someone stood before a cop and shot himself, there would be rioting because the cop didn't stop him.
Many a liberal and certainly most leftists thinks rules apply to others, not them. This sense of entitlement is projected toward anyone who is "fighting the man", even though they themsleves are not running around with guns and drugs. Yet they try to empathize with these predictors, not realizing they would attack and harm them in a heart beat.

I think we as a nation need to start considering something like this for those who have become professional rioters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP4B...ature=emb_logo

Remember, many are on welfare and other forms of assistance, not to mention all the stimulus money being thrown around, which allows them to riot/loot instead of going to work.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies