Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 03:36 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_and_Sticks View Post
Stupid statement.

Not everyone who likes rap approves of the use of the word. Not everyone who approves of the use of the word likes rap. Not all rap uses the word.

That's, like, triple failure. Impressive with just three words.
The % of rap without that word has got to be near zero? Pretty much any rap I hear (and admittedly it's only when out and about because I don't listen to it myself) uses the word. There was a concert locally from a band I had not heard of. Somewhat of a known rap artist I guess. I looked up the lyrics just to get a taste for what he was rapping about. You guessed it. Almost every song I looked up had the word as well as those demeaning to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 03:44 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
...Health

there's no apparent end to kowtowing to the perpetually-offended.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...utm_term=first

'emotional exhaustion.' really.
Tells you how pampered, safe and overly protected our young people are today, when the sound of a word causes these frickin snowflakes to melt.

Old 09-04-2020, 03:46 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It's getting crazier by the day. Just WOW!
These people are painting themselves into a corner they may never recover from. It is impossible for me to take any of them seriously anymore, for any cause, reason or issue. They have simply called wolf too many times. Bon Riddance.

Old 09-04-2020, 03:52 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,962,827 times
Quote:
You'd think a professor of college level intelligence would understand the cultural significance of this particular part of his lecture and tactfully present it in a different way instead of opening a can of worms, like a dumbass, by saying it repeatedly and pausing his Zoom recording, etc etc.
Another fool teacher blowing a cushy job. Anyway he is just taking the rest of the semester off, probably at full pay. He wasn't fired. His punishment is actually a paid sabatical, where he can think about being more politically correct in the future. I have an MBA and there's less than 5% of what I learned that stuck with me after graduation. Absolutely nothing I learned as an undergraduate stuck with me.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:05 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
its a real word. Used alot in everyday conversation in China. It has nothing to do with racial anything.

If these kids ever go there they are gonna explode.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Saying it once is enough. Saying it five times is either intentionally instigating or him being stupid enough not to understand the repercussions. Pausing the video is further evidence that the professor knew exactly where doing so would lead.

Both the students are in the wrong for being ******* and the professor in the wrong for being a dumbass.
Saying a word that doesn't sound like the N word a million times still isn't the N word. And we don't know if there aren't three different pronunciations for this.

For a group who is so pro-illegal aliens, a group that can struggle with enunciation, they may experience hearing many words that might sound like the N word. If it's not the N word - it's not the N word.

We're creating a country where every little thing that bothers a few black people becomes a huge issue for fear of lawsuits, triggering, demands, violence and destructive behavior. They're like angry toddlers going through the terrible two's and people like you are part of the problem because instead of preaching tolerance and telling people to calm the hell down over faux offenses, you're blaming the guy who did nothing wrong.

All this does is justify people looking to distance and avoid dealing with black people and loony liberals because nobody likes walking on eggshells or a huge liability in their encounters and relationships.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:00 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
It's not even a new thing.

https://www.digmandarin.com/confusin...se-n-word.html

Old 09-04-2020, 06:03 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
They're like angry toddlers going through the terrible two's and people like you are part of the problem because instead of preaching tolerance and telling people to calm the hell down over faux offenses, you're blaming the guy who did nothing wrong."

out of reps, but truer words than these are rare.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:18 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
I’ll admit, for a professor, he’s a bit dense. He probably should have thought of that, especially in this day and age.

Nonetheless, these claims that the students can’t concentrate on things because of this is...not becoming of an employable person, especially an MBA. Of course this could simply have been left out of the article, but it doesn’t sound like the students even tried to privately confront him about it. I’d have dropped by on office hours and if he’d offended me in some way and politely explained to him why he should think about altering or dropping the offending item rather than going straight over his head.

I’ll admit that not having lived the black experience, there could be a missing piece here. But that’s just my opinion. Everyone has one, and they all stink

Old 09-04-2020, 06:27 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’ll admit, for a professor, he’s a bit dense. He probably should have thought of that, especially in this day and age.

Nonetheless, these claims that the students can’t concentrate on things because of this is...not becoming of an employable person, especially an MBA. Of course this could simply have been left out of the article, but it doesn’t sound like the students even tried to privately confront him about it. I’d have dropped by on office hours and if he’d offended me in some way and politely explained to him why he should think about altering or dropping the offending item rather than going straight over his head.

I’ll admit that not having lived the black experience, there could be a missing piece here. But that’s just my opinion. Everyone has one, and they all stink
The missing piece is they’re targeting white professors to get them out of there. Best way to get demands of the cult leader professors in the sociology department met is to create a racial incident and then demand all sorts of stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies