Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is anyone else experiencing "racial fatigue"
Yes- it is too much and there are other things in life 161 90.45%
No- we need to be constantly reminded of racial differences 17 9.55%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 04:16 PM

17,419 posts, read 11,423,596 times

Advertisements

CD needs to have another separate forum for race. Then those obsessed with it can chat all day and all night every day for the rest of their lives on their own forum instead of hijacking almost every discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 05:05 PM

4,694 posts, read 3,899,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Privilege"?

When I was in med school, I helped participate in the minority admissions program. There was not one black student admitted that had higher GPAs and MCATs than the lowest scoring white student.

Interestingly, ALL of those minority students came from very well to do families. I came from a poor white family and had no "privilege". My "privilege" was hard work and not blaming others for my socioeconomic status.

It is easier to complain and blame others than conduct an honest level of introspection.

Want to succeed?

1. emphasize education in fields in high demand (black studies is not one of them)

2. get higher test scores

3. stop committing so many crimes

4. stop burning down cities

5. don't use so many illegal drugs

6. start creating two parent families

7. condemn the violent "gangsta" culture

Black Privilege is:

1. welfare
2. housing projects
3. minority quotas
4. minority scholarships

If you are black in America, you are born with an automatic "head start" and lower expectations than anyone else. If you can't succeed with all the programs for you, you are not trying.
That's not true. Many of the African American's are born into poverty & not just poverty but generational poverty. They're basically screwed from the start. Look at Milwaukee where all the blacks were forced into one part of town & white flight occurred to the suburbs with transportation basically cut off & grocery stores removed. Then take away their jobs & massive discrimination in the workforce

Wait, you graduated from a medical program & didn't get racial injustice pounded into you in your classes before you graduated? That's a decent chunk of classes now in any medical program, which is important considering all the discrimination in healthcare between races.

Bridges Out of Poverty: Strategies for Professional and Communities should be required reading for any medical or allied health program. That book opened my eyes & changed my beliefs quite a bit especially when I worked at a hospital that primarily treated homeless and medicaid patients in downtown Milwaukee.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:20 PM

73,141 posts, read 62,992,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Maybe because that's the default behavior?

Multi-racial/multicultural societies don't exactly have a long history of success. Maybe that should tell people something...
What is this "default behavior" that you are talking about?

Many societies where people are the same race will find other things to kill each other over. Northern Ireland, former Yugoslavia, even Haiti has alot of internal strife.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:32 PM

63,361 posts, read 29,429,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems as though EVERYTHING in the news or on television is about race now. You can't escape it. Even during the weekend golf tournament, most of the commercials had some racial theme or had special segments talking about what the PGA was doing for minorities.

Is anyone else tired of this "woke" barrage of racial oriented information?
I'm sick to death of it! It feels like we've never made any progress in race relations and yet we have in so many ways. The race baiters will never acknowledge that though as they'd rather remain the eternal victims along with their self-hating supporters.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:34 PM

427 posts, read 434,552 times
Yes, because the leftists totally destroyed the meaning of racism. Anyone they don't like is racist.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
CD needs to have another separate forum for race. Then those obsessed with it can chat all day and all night every day for the rest of their lives on their own forum instead of hijacking almost every discussion.
Imagine how toxic such a forum would be.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
Except that isn't happening.

If things are always going sideways for you, it's a you problem.
And this right here is why some people don't care how much race fatigue you are having.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
That's a personal problem.
And comments like this are why I don't care if you have such "race fatigue". You have no empathy for me, so I have no empathy for you.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
The point of my post was that this is a two-way street. White people have been racist towards you and Black people have been racist towards me. Statistics show that I am more likely to be the target of violence in these encounters than you are.

I think the best way to minimize this issue is to avoid people who are most likely to be racist towards you. It works for me!
And the point of the post you originally replied to had to do with someone's politics, claiming "liberals are the real racists".

And I've mentioned before, you taught in the inner city. I would expect you would run into some horrible Black people. Ask yourself this. Would you have had been teaching a class full of upper class Blacks in a middle-upper class predominantly Black neighborhood, would you have really dealt with the same issues?

And as for avoiding people, explain why despite what I went through, why am I not avoiding White people? Answer that. Explain how I managed not to develop the mentality that you have.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:25 PM

9,567 posts, read 5,665,569 times
This forum is full of white Conservatives so of course you are having "racial fatigue".
At least you don't have to worry about a knee on your neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies