Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 01:13 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Obviously her "boyfriend" had no qualms about creating a situation that put his girlfriend into grave danger. Dealing drugs (and thus attracting the legitimate attention of cops), and then sleeping with or near her with a loaded gun in case "somebody" broke in, and then firing blindly when they did.

You've heard of "suicide by cop". This time it was "murder by cop", where this idiot forced the cops to shoot at him a lot, while Breonna was right there in the line of fire.

But this is never mentioned when the media shows "protesters" screaming "Breonna Taylor was murdered!.
after some stuff i read yesterday, im not so sure the cops were after the boyfriend. evidently the investigation has now alleged she was moving money for multiple drug dealers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 01:14 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Who said that, the shooter cop?
well. again, im not saying i think this was 100% righteous. but it wasn't "no knock" and that has been the narrative.

i don't like being lied to and clearly we have all been lied to.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:16 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Obviously her "boyfriend" had no qualms about creating a situation that put his girlfriend into grave danger. Dealing drugs (and thus attracting the legitimate attention of cops), and then sleeping with or near her with a loaded gun in case "somebody" broke in, and then firing blindly when they did.

You've heard of "suicide by cop". This time it was "murder by cop", where this idiot forced the cops to shoot at him a lot, while Breonna was right there in the line of fire.

But this is never mentioned when the media shows "protesters" screaming "Breonna Taylor was murdered!.
He didn't deal drugs. Her EX did.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:17 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
How many media outlets mention that when cops broke into Breonna Taylor's apartment, her boyfriend started SHOOTING AT THEM, injuring one?

I haven't heard ONE "news" outlet mention that. Especially when they are showing some protest outraged that Taylor got shot. Her boyfriend in the apartment opened fire on the police, and the police fired back, just as they are always trained to do, continuing to fire until the threat against them was stopped.

Were the cops supposed to NOT return fire, even as somebody was shooting at them?

This important fact puts a whole different light on what happened. Breonna's tragic death was not a murder, it was an accident. The cops were doing what they HAD to do.

But it suits the agenda of somebody, to keep pretending it was just a bunch of trigger-happy cops randomly opening fire on a black girl. So we keep getting distorted reporting pretending she was murdered, while never mentioning that somebody in the apartment opened fire on the cops first, thus forcing the cops (yes, forcing) to shoot back into the apartment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Breonna_Taylor
The boyfriend did exactly what I would have done-defended his life and that of his GF against HOME INVADERS. He had no way of knowing they were LE. Even if they had SAID they were LE-criminal do the same thing to gain access. No-knock raids need to go the F away, except in the very rare instance where the perps either have hostages or perhaps are known to have a large amount of firearms. It's not worth killing people over a few ounces of drugs. Or over some unpaid taxes, as in the case of Waco.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:

But this is never mentioned when the media shows "protesters" screaming "Breonna Taylor was murdered!".
To the best of my knowledge, there is no evidence that he was "dealing drugs". No drugs were found at the home. The warrant was based on info from a criminal looking for a plea deal from what I understand. This happens far too often. The judge that issued the warrant needs to be held responsible.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
No knock crashing of one’s home should ALWAYS be met with gunfire. I wouldn’t care if all the cops had been shot.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The boyfriend did exactly what I would have done-defended his life and that of his GF against HOME INVADERS. He had no way of knowing they were LE. Even if they had SAID they were LE-criminal do the same thing to gain access. No-knock raids need to go the F away, except in the very rare instance where the perps either have hostages or perhaps are known to have a large amount of firearms. It's not worth killing people over a few ounces of drugs. Or over some unpaid taxes, as in the case of Waco.
I’m trying to figure out exactly what people expected the boyfriend to do!

Anyway, rep point.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:27 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No knock crashing of one’s home should ALWAYS be met with gunfire. I wouldn’t care if all the cops had been shot.

Well...I'd care a little. But I wouldn't hold anyone in the home criminally responsible. No knock warrants are insanely abused. They should be a rare exception, not a regular occurrence.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m trying to figure out exactly what people expected the boyfriend to do!

Anyway, rep point.
Or anyone in a similar situation. If someone comes crashing in my door at midnight, they are being met with gunfire. For the simple reason that there is no legitimate reason for someone to do so if they aren't up to something...nefarious. I'm assuming the worst, because that's the only reasonable thing to do. What happened to going to the door in daylight and knocking?

I'm strongly pro-LE, but not always with the laws they have to enforce, or the tactics their political leadership chooses to use. No-knocks need to end.

Interesting tid-bit here. Had a visit from LE at my place the other night. My wife saw on Facebook that dialing 1-1-2 connects you to emergency services, same as 9-1-1. She didn't believe it. Guess what happens when you dial emergency services and hang up? Not one but 2 sheriff's deputies show up. I happened to be outside when they showed, explained the situation and let them in to talk to her. Everything civilized. Even after they see the 9 mm sitting on the shelf where I leave it when I walk in the house. Treating people like they are civilized does wonders-and works both ways.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:31 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Same media outlets that gave a blow-by-blow description of the guy who got shot in the arm while attempting to utilize his handgun to shoot the kid on the deck who was actively defending himself against a lynch mob. They didn't mention the part about the guy having a handgun his hand. They mentioned a ton of other stuff, but nada about the handgun in his hand. Same with the skateboard guy. They mentioned all this bs about how he loved to teach people to kayak but didn't mention that he was actively attacking the kid on the deck with his skateboard at the time he got his ticket punched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies