Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 03:47 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
He wasn't a drug dealer. He was a legal gun owner who got his house broken into at night by police officers. "Who knocked", after they realized they'd killed the wrong person...
Do you have a link to prove he was not a drug dealer? The reports I have read said he was. However, as I said before, the no-knock raid should not have happened. Heck, if he was a drug dealer, he might have thought he was defending himself from someone in that world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What kind of settlement is the drug dealing boyfriend going to get?
He wasn’t there that night.
He was already in custody.
According to this article he was there and he was the one who fired on police?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kenneth-wa...ound%22%20law.

Old 09-08-2020, 03:50 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
This is what I think stinks about the whole thing. He was the drug dealer and according to reports she did not let him bring drugs into her house. She ends up losing her life for it, while he is likely to get a big settlement from the city and keep living his life. Yes, she was playing with fire for even going with a drug dealer, but she did not deserve to lose her life over this. It seems unfair that she lost her life and he (the drug dealer) lives to likely pimp more drugs on the black community.
Jamarcus Glover was the drug dealer. Kenneth Walker was the one in the apartment with Breonna on the night of the raid. The evidence does seem to point to Breonna receiving packages at her house containing drugs used to supply Glover’s trap houses as well as handling the money made via the drug dealing from Glover’s business. Walker was not involved with that operation. I agree that Breonna didn’t deserve to lose her life over this. No one does over drugs. It was a terrible series of events.

Old 09-08-2020, 03:53 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
This is what I think stinks about the whole thing. He was the drug dealer and according to reports she did not let him bring drugs into her house. She ends up losing her life for it, while he is likely to get a big settlement from the city and keep living his life. Yes, she was playing with fire for even going with a drug dealer, but she did not deserve to lose her life over this. It seems unfair that she lost her life and he (the drug dealer) lives to likely pimp more drugs on the black community.
You need to reread who your quoting said.

Drug Dealer is not the same as Shooter. Drug Dealer was her Ex-Boyfriend who was never there and already in custody. His name is Jamarcus Glover.

Shooter was her current boyfriend, who is a legal gun owner. Kenneth Walker.

Old 09-08-2020, 03:56 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How many media outlets mention that when cops broke into Breonna Taylor's apartment, her boyfriend started SHOOTING AT THEM from the completely dark apartment, injuring one?

I haven't heard ONE "news" outlet mention that. Especially when they are showing some protest outraged that Taylor got shot. Her boyfriend in the apartment opened fire on the police, and the police fired back, just as they are always trained to do, continuing to fire until the threat against them was stopped.

Were the cops supposed to NOT return fire, even as somebody was shooting at them?

This important fact puts a whole different light on what happened. Breonna's tragic death was not a murder, it was an accident. The cops were doing what they HAD to do.

But it suits the agenda of somebody, to keep pretending it was just a bunch of trigger-happy cops randomly opening fire on a black girl. So we keep getting distorted reporting pretending she was murdered, while never mentioning that somebody in the apartment opened fire on the cops first, thus forcing the cops (yes, forcing) to shoot back into the apartment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Breonna_Taylor
literally every news story says this and the shooter was justified the situation isn't straight forwward but it isn't that complicated.

Breanna Taylor was completely innocent. Her only problem was dating someone who was a drug dealer, which incriminates her (at least the police are trying to absolve themselves by incriminating her) but for all we know he could have been hiding it and that's the reason they broke up. I have a strong doubt believing a first responder, EMT willingly dates a drug dealer but humans are weird creatures.

Old 09-08-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
He wasn't a drug dealer. He was a legal gun owner who got his house broken into at night by police officers. "Who knocked", after they realized they'd killed the wrong person...
Never mind, I found an article that states her "current boyfriend" was not a drug dealer (her earlier boyfriend was) My mistake. Good for her that she dumped her earlier drug dealer boyfriend. Sad she had to go like this. I hope Kenneth gets a nice payday. Police need to do a better job verifying information before knocking on doors especially like this! According to the article, she had been dating her new boyfriend for FOUR YEARS. I know someone who worked in data quality for police, and this person said the departments sometimes do a horrible job keeping their data up to date.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...me/5706161002/

Old 09-08-2020, 04:04 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Never mind, I found an article that states her "current boyfriend" was not a drug dealer (her earlier boyfriend was) My mistake. Good for her that she dumped her earlier drug dealer boyfriend. Sad she had to go like this. I hope Kenneth gets a nice payday. Police need to do a better job verifying information before knocking on doors especially like this! According to the article, she had been dating her new boyfriend for FOUR YEARS. I know someone who worked in data quality for police, and this person said the departments sometimes do a horrible job keeping their data up to date.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...me/5706161002/
Breanna was still involved with Glover up until the raid, not likely as a girlfriend but had some involvement in his business.

Old 09-08-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Breanna was still involved with Glover up until the raid, not likely as a girlfriend but had some involvement in his business.
Source? I am getting so tired of not knowing what to believe as every news source tells "their" story and not the facts. Many times they leave things "out" to fit their story. It's BS.

Old 09-08-2020, 04:10 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No knock crashing of one’s home should ALWAYS be met with gunfire. I wouldn’t care if all the cops had been shot.
wasn't no-knock

Old 09-08-2020, 04:11 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well...I'd care a little. But I wouldn't hold anyone in the home criminally responsible. No knock warrants are insanely abused. They should be a rare exception, not a regular occurrence.
how many times do i have to say, it wasn't No-knock.

that was a media lie. we all believed it. I believed it. I hate the idea of no-knock. they should be against the law.

this wasn't a no-knock warrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies