Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 02:42 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,800,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVslacker View Post
"A New York Times investigation concluded that a neighbor heard the officers shout "Police!" once (contrary to what law enforcement told investigators) and knocked three times, while 11 other neighbors heard no announcement. Every witness account conflicts with law enforcement's."
A New York Times investigation....I'm sure they were totally impartial.

I heard the journalist ask this question at the presser, where she said their investigation found that no one heard the announcement. Whenever an issue comes up, whether it's Covid or a criminal investigation, they think their expertise supersedes everything else. They tell us...'believe the experts.' Except when the experts conflict with the journalists. Then 'believe the journalists.' But only the woke journalists.

The AG went through this in great detail, and I believe him. The NY Times doesn't have credibility as an unbiased source...not anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 02:43 PM

38,026 posts, read 22,203,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The officer charged with three counts of wanton endangerment shot through the curtained side window of Breonna Taylor's bedroom, not the front door. His shots continued into an adjacent apartment containing three people, and that's where the three counts of wanton endangerment came from.
Is that how Breonna was shot? Was he blindly shooting thru the window blinds???

Old 09-23-2020, 02:44 PM

17,461 posts, read 14,702,131 times
Meanwhile in Illinois, Prizker and Lightfoot are yammering about how this was a miscarriage of justice and they support "peaceful" protests.

Let me know how peacefully that goes, Cook County.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:45 PM

89,124 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Only one person at Breonna Taylor's apartment complex claimed to hear the police identify themselves. Over 35 people were questioned. The boyfriend said he heard no police i.d. and that he and Breonna thought someone was breaking into her apartment. He said he shot towards the front door in self-defense before he himself was shot in the upper leg and Breonna was shot six times and killed by the police, who (once again) were at the wrong address, looking for a man who had already been arrested and who was in jail.

That's incredibly sloppy and unprofessional detective/police work, and a young woman paid for it with her life.
That's flat out wrong. You've repeatedly been given the correct info, including links to the sources (affidavit, etc.). Why are you ignoring the truth?

Old 09-23-2020, 02:45 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,919,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Local news. I'm surprised you know nothing about this. You haven't done a very good job following this case.

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/26/warr...new-documents/
Local for Louisville - I am in Lexington, 80 miles away, and did not see this until just now. Not a very savory picture, but do you think it justifies the violent death Brionna Taylor suffered at the hands of the police?

Old 09-23-2020, 02:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What I don't understand, is how the guy shooting the police lives, while the innocent woman is shot eight times. I admit not to following this story much, but how does that happen, and it not be suspect.
She might have been going to open the door after realizing they were cops, and by doing that placed herself in the line of fire. We know the cops didn't target her, or intend to kill her, but when you fire 20 rounds in to a small apartment, someone is going to get hit.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:48 PM

89,124 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What I don't understand, is how the guy shooting the police lives, while the innocent woman is shot eight times. I admit not to following this story much, but how does that happen, and it not be suspect.
She was standing right next to the shooter. Dumb decision that yielded a tragic result.

And she wasn't all that innocent. Read the local news link I just posted.

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/26/warr...new-documents/

Old 09-23-2020, 02:49 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,337,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...r-announcement

They're deploying police, basically that means the cops involved in the Breonna Taylor shooting are most likely not going to be charged, which is the correct course of action. She was shot in the crossfire when her boyfriend pulled a gun on the cops.

There should not have been a no-knock warrant, but there was, and police acted lawfully. No-knock warrants are now illegal in Kentucky so this won't happen again

Look for Donald Trump supporters to arrive in Louisville by nightfall to cause chaos, violence and mayhem to give Donald Trump a facade for his "Law and Order" myth.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's flat out wrong. You've repeatedly been given the correct info, including links to the sources (affidavit, etc.). Why are you ignoring the truth?
Did you listen to Daniel Cameron's statement? And the national news comments immediately afterwards? Even he made mention of the ONE witness to police identifying themselves. There were over 35 other people in that apartment complex, and no one else claimed to hear such identification.

The former boyfriend had been in jail since well before the police ambushed Breonna Taylor's apartment. That is clear from your own link.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Look for Donald Trump supporters to arrive by nightfall to cause chaos, violence and mayhem.
Meanwhile, the earlier gatherings of protesters seem to have largely dispersed in downtown Louisville, judging by several live YouTube channels' coverage. I hope things remain calm, but am concerned. Violence is never an answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies