Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2020, 05:54 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
So how do you determine who is the most qualified?
Are you serious? Like companies do now. Resumes, interviews and references.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 06:01 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
I wonder when show business companies are going to start putting more people from "underrepresented groups" in upper-level positions? And by "underrepresented groups" I mean "people who aren't Jewish."

Old 09-09-2020, 06:06 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...ty-race-gender

Everyone gets a ribbon. It's no longer about the best; it's about "inclusion".

Each standard has detailed subcategories as well. To meet the onscreen representation standard, a film must either have at least one lead character or a significant supporting character be from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group; at least 30% of secondary roles must be from two underrepresented groups; or the main storyline, theme or narrative must be focused on an underrepresented group. According to the academy, underrepresented groups include women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people or people with disabilities.

More reason to turn off the tube.
Funny how the left talks about inclusion and the need to practice it, but then, when a group of conservatives happens to enter the room, all of a sudden, lefties abandon such an idea. There's no inclusion amongst the so-called Democrat Party. It's just a cheap talking point.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:11 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Should be fine, all you barking righties stopped watching years ago.
Silly cancel culture righties.
Well the last one I watched was when Leo DiCaprio got an Oscar for being mauled by a bear. I must confess he did a great job being mauled. The bear deserved an Oscar as well. Then Leo ruined his moment with lies. No snow to be found in North America, they had to film in New Zealand. Guess he has never been to western Wyoming, or Alaska or much of Canada in the winter.

It was a good movie, beginning to end. I don't typically watch the Oscars because I find the show to be somewhat boring.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:12 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
That is completely the opposite of what I wrote.

One more time:

In the past, Nolan or anyone else was free to hire actors and crew based on their ability, work ethic, talent, etc.

From now on, in order to receive industry recognition, Nolan or anyone else will be required to hire NOT based on ability, but on artificial quotas based on race, disability, sexual orientation and so forth.

This is a huge step backwards and is extremely discriminatory.
And he's still free to do so. Read for comprehension

Old 09-09-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Let me explain, yet again, to you people what cancel culture means. It doesn't mean not watching stupid woke shi$. It means trying to get it taken off so OTHER people can no longer enjoy it. That's not what conservatives do.
Oh, so you don't want any action? Is that virtue signalling? Cant keep my righties memes straight I guess.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Well the last one I watched was when Leo DiCaprio got an Oscar for being mauled by a bear. I must confess he did a great job being mauled. The bear deserved an Oscar as well. Then Leo ruined his moment with lies. No snow to be found in North America, they had to film in New Zealand. Guess he has never been to western Wyoming, or Alaska or much of Canada in the winter.

It was a good movie, beginning to end. I don't typically watch the Oscars because I find the show to be somewhat boring.
Sorry, we disagree there. I thought Cranston should have won. I don't think you should get an award for 2 hours of grunting.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:28 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
And he's still free to do so. Read for comprehension
Are quotas now in place to be considered for Oscar nominations? Yes or no?

Old 09-09-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Are quotas now in place to be considered for Oscar nominations? Yes or no?
Quotas are not required to make a movie. All your Kirk Cameron extravaganzas are safe.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:31 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,145 times
Does anyone still watch the oscars? It is a boring award show. I guess conservatives still do in order to get upset about how the country is going down the tubes.

One should get an award for being able to watch such a boring, self aggrandizing display of buffoons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies