Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 10:31 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Woodward has eighteen hours of tape by the Cheeto incriminating himself of massive incompetence in his own voice...how stupid can this blowhard go?
Inompetence? No. He knew what a threat it was and he deliberately lied to the American people about the virus. It's on tape in his own voice.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:32 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
UGH,,, Ok I like Trump so I guess that makes me a deplorable because I have the same reverence for America as he does.

Would it had made any difference if Trump had come out at the very start to tell everyone how deadly the virus could be?

He shut down travel from China and he was called a racist. Pelosi was suggesting that everything was ok and to go to Chinatown while Cuomo and DeBlasio were also downplaying the threat by telling people it was ok to go out to dinner and to see a a show.

Trump was trying to prevent mass panic. If he had come out early and told us that we were all going to die the Left and their media would have told him to go back to his bunker and put on his tin foil hat.

If you haven't noticed by now the Democrats do the opposite of what Trump suggests just out of spite. If he had wanted to open the Southern border they would have demanded it be shut down and funded miles of wall.

Trump says the riots are bad, the Demos allow them and encourage them to continue.

The guy can't even break even with these people let alone win at anything because it might make him look good.

The Demos have shaped the virus and the shutdowns of the country and economy into a political weapon that they have been using with no regards as to who it destroys as long as Trump looks bad in the end.

Trump screaming from the roof tops that the virus was deadly would have made no difference just like this "bombshell" book won't. YAWN..

Old 09-09-2020, 10:33 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Had the Democrats been in charge we would be looking at 500,000 dead. Actually Democrats are hoping for a death toll that high just so they can try and blame it on Trump. They are sick people.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:35 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
You've got him THIS time.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:36 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH,,, Ok I like Trump so I guess that makes me a deplorable because I have the same reverence for America as he does.

Would it had made any difference if Trump had come out at the very start to tell everyone how deadly the virus could be?

He shut down travel from China and he was called a racist. Pelosi was suggesting that everything was ok and to go to Chinatown while Cuomo and DeBlasio were also downplaying the threat by telling people it was ok to go out to dinner and to see a a show.

Trump was trying to prevent mass panic. If he had come out early and told us that we were all going to die the Left and their media would have told him to go back to his bunker and put on his tin foil hat.

If you haven't noticed by now the Democrats do the opposite of what Trump suggests just out of spite. If he had wanted to open the Southern border they would have demanded it be shut down and funded miles of wall.

Trump says the riots are bad, the Demos allow them and encourage them to continue.

The guy can't even break even with these people let alone win at anything because it might make him look good.

The Demos have shaped the virus and the shutdowns of the country and economy into a political weapon that they have been using with no regards as to who it destroys as long as Trump looks bad in the end.

Trump screaming from the roof tops that the virus was deadly would have made no difference just like this "bombshell" book won't. YAWN..
In the grown up world, the President does the right thing, tells people they need masks in public, ramps up production of said, proposes a hard month of everyone staying at home, and our scenario would have been something closer to Koreas. If his followers had been told to take this seriously instead of them being told by Sean Hannity that it's another Democrat hoax, lives may have been saved.

In the infotainment, internet trolling, reality TV world, you lie because your only goal is to be re-elected in November.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:41 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Had the Democrats been in charge we would be looking at 500,000 dead. Actually Democrats are hoping for a death toll that high just so they can try and blame it on Trump. They are sick people.
You actually have no way of knowing that, and many conservative love to say, the country would still be shut down if you leave it to the democrats. Democrats are getting sick and dying from the virus as well, nobody wish something like this on anyone, that's a horrible thing to say. I'm a democrat and I don't wish this on anybody, I have republican friends and neighbors, and I always wish everybody well, and check on my older neighbors. We are all in this together.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:43 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,091,790 times
He didn't shut down travel from China. Thousands still entered after his proclamation. But in my town the 1st cases were from a tour returning from Egypt the 1st week of March.

He could have just as easily permitted travel but required quarantine. Remember Ellis Island?

Old 09-09-2020, 10:53 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
I just hear another snippet of the tape on CNN, where Trump said, the virus is airborne and 5x deadly than the regular flu. And this was back in February, so he acknowledge he knew it was airborne and how deadly it was back then, but yet he wants to play it down.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:54 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Another book? You guys actually springin for all these books? How long can the tds book club last?
Trump is also on tape. He did an interview with Woodward and ran his mouth.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:55 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I just hear another snippet of the tape on CNN, where Trump said, the virus is airborne and 5x deadly than the regular flu. And this was back in February, so he acknowledge he knew it was airborne and how deadly it was back then, but yet he wants to play it down.
didn't want to start a (stock market) panic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies