Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2020, 06:24 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

More leftist gaslighting.

no big deal when Arab/Muslim nations sign peace accords with Israel.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:35 PM

9,459 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Gotta admit, its been much quieter over there tnese last 4 years
All the leaders today spoke of President Trump's leadership, and the dedication of his team, including Mike Pompeo and Jarred Kutchner, without which this agreement would not have happened. I think this is a solid start to the 'paradigm shift' in that part of the world. It is time for peace, for those who are weary of conflict, and for their children and grandchildren.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:40 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
All the leaders today spoke of President Trump's leadership, and the dedication of his team, including Mike Pompeo and Jarred Kutchner, without which this agreement would not have happened. I think this is a solid start to the 'paradigm shift' in that part of the world. It is time for peace, for those who are weary of conflict, and for their children and grandchildren.
But they did it without the involvement of all the foreign policy "experts", including the think tanks, and the State Department lifers, and the Max Boot/Bill Krystal neocon wonks, etc..

This is not a good look for that crowd. They might be jealous and feeling left out right about now.

Not to mention Obama and his crew of foreign policy geniuses. Trump was able to do this. So why didn't Obama and his team of supposed all-stars?

Old 09-15-2020, 06:55 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I am pleased with what President Trump has done in this regard. Any peace in the Middle East is desirable.

I am against Mr. Trump, but I am willing to give him kudos when he does well.

Sadly, I recall, for I joined this board in 2009, how those against Mr. Obama, as President, proclaimed that he could not do one single thing right. I think it is called 'unthinking partisanship".

Sure, there are problems with these peace accords (i.e., Palestinians),but Mr. Trump's administration is moving the Middle East in the right direction.

Does Mr. Trump deserve the Nobel Peace Prize? Perhaps, for this achievement (although I doubt he had much to do with the negotiations).

Did Mr. Obama deserve the same prize? No. I have been consistent on this. That was idiotic.

Again, I like any peace agreements. If these cause a 'domino' effect on the Middle East, so much the better.

If Mr. Trump can bring Saudi Arabia and Iran to the table for peace with Isreal, I will give him all credit.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:04 PM

57,292 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Peace accord between two countries not at war.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
But they did it without the involvement of all the foreign policy "experts", including the think tanks, and the State Department lifers, and the Max Boot/Bill Krystal neocon wonks, etc..

This is not a good look for that crowd. They might be jealous and feeling left out right about now.

Not to mention Obama and his crew of foreign policy geniuses. Trump was able to do this. So why didn't Obama and his team of supposed all-stars?
So who did it?

Old 09-15-2020, 07:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Peace accord between two countries not at war.
It really is a business deal.

They have agreed to do business with each other.

And it's not necessarily a bad thing...but it does not bring peace to the Middle East.

We have yet to see what this will do in the Middle East.

Kushner said today that Palestinians will have to join in now....you think they play that way.

I don't.

I'm not sure what Palestine will do -- but I'm not sure they will feel -- oh gee I want to be in the club.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:01 PM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Pales in comparison to Egypt-Israel. Had it been Iran and Israel - that would be more significant.
Politics is the art of the possible. The previous focus on a Palestinian-Israeli "deal" was unattainable without Israeli surrender.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So who did it?
President Trump, Jared Kushner and Mike Pompeo, primarily.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

You want us to tell you that we’re impressed?? Is that it?

Many of us really don’t care if Israel is at peace with Arab/Muslim nations. I only care about the Middle East insofar as it interests the United States. I don’t really care about the people over there all that much. And I got news for ya: they don’t care about us either beyond what purposes they can use us for. We don’t have a single friend over there except MAYBE the Kurds...and we’ve stabbed them in the back on several occasions.

But that’s usually the price of being our friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies