Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 11:58 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Eliminating white supremacy and racism in our country isn't just some leftist cause but an American cause.
you mean fake cases of white supremacy and racism like the myth that cops are going around and shooting black people for the hell of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 11:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/healt...rnd/index.html

So congregating in thousands ton”protest” over leftist causes is OK. Is it any surprise that normal working people might start to feel the Covid thing is more about politics than safety?
"However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change

They may have 'endorsed' the protests as they pertain to the 'health and safety' of Black people...they also gave guidelines as to HOW to protest during COVID.

Here's the thing. Trump fans can't say !@#$ right now. Trump is holding INDOOR rallies where people are close to each other with no masks -- higher risk than outside with no mask -- or outside with a mask......

So you've lost all ability to discuss this issue without seeming to be hypocritical.

and 1200 health officials could be someone who works as a nurse's assistant for all we know.

I would suspect that number represents a very small sample of all health officials ...more didn't sign the letter.

At best you can use this to show that some on the left are as hypocritical as some on the right.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:01 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
"However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change

They may have 'endorsed' the protests as they pertain to the 'health and safety' of Black people...they also gave guidelines as to HOW to protest during COVID.

Here's the thing. Trump fans can't say !@#$ right now. Trump is holding INDOOR rallies where people are close to each other with no masks -- higher risk than outside with no mask -- or outside with a mask......

So you've lost all ability to discuss this issue without seeming to be hypocritical.

and 1200 health officials could be someone who works as a nurse's assistant for all we know.

I would suspect that number represents a very small sample of all health officials ...more didn't sign the letter.

At best you can use this to show that some on the left are as hypocritical as some on the right.
I keep reading that black people are supposedly more susceptible to Covid

So how does encouraging them to join mass protests with thousands of people look out for their health?

Old 09-14-2020, 12:03 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,030 times
BLM protestors wear masks, Trump supporters don’t. Conservatives said NYC would see a second wave after the BLM protests - it never happened.

Don’t get me wrong, I cringe when I see liberal activists without masks too, but Trump supporters are way worse on average in terms of mask wearing.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
I keep reading that black people are supposedly more susceptible to Covid

So how does encouraging them to join mass protests with thousands of people look out for their health?
Same reason encouraging old over weight people to come and bow at your feet -- inside -- no mask --- is about their health and well being.

Of course if you are a Black person with underlying conditions of diabetes, heart ailments -- with or without a mask you should not participate.

And that's why the 'health officials' issued guidelines.

A healthy Black person is no more inclined to die than a healthy White Person.....

Old 09-14-2020, 12:07 PM

6,672 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
you mean fake cases of white supremacy and racism like the myth that cops are going around and shooting black people for the hell of it?
"to the pervasive lethal force of white supremacy,"

That's the problem right there.

Nobody is gonna say that Killing in the name of White Supremacy is great.

But when individuals decide , hey, I don't like you or you disagree with me, so you Must one of those, now I am justified to take physical action against you, then we have a problem.

When some normal joe schmo who doesn't' think about this stuff 24/7 , just trying to provide for his family, all of a sudden gets slammed over the head with,.."You are a racist! You don't know it,..but you are! and and,...if you aren't then you are complicit! ", they will rightfully get angry and be like,..gtfo of my face with that.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:08 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Eliminating white supremacy and racism in our country isn't just some leftist cause but an American cause.
Eliminating racism? Seems that we are just trading one form of racism for another, in actuality.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:36 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
And it's a cause that was decisively won during the Civil Rights Era of the 1950s and 1960s. The current cause is replacing one form of supremacy for another one.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:49 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times
I am interested to know what methodology these health experts used to determine that massive, violent street demonstrations are an effective treatment for white supremacy related conditions.

What other conditions can be helped by blocking freeways, destroying property and screaming at cops?

Do I need a Dr's prescription or can I self-administer as needed?

If the protests don't work will they then recommend a more aggressive course of treatment?

Thanks in advance for your help SJW quacks.

Old 09-14-2020, 04:04 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"Staying at home, social distancing, and public masking are effective at minimizing the spread of COVID-19. To the extent possible, we support the application of these public health best practices during demonstrations that call attention to the pervasive lethal force of white supremacy," the letter says.

In other words - a worthwhile risk.

Also, a group of 1200 "health and medical colleagues" isn't that tough to scratch up, I can't imagine.
It's not up to someone else to decide what is a 'worthwhile risk.' The arrogance of these 'experts' (and the media) to decide that fighting 'white supremacy' was the risk worth taking. Not someone's ability to open their business or go to a funeral...

No one else was given the freedom to take risks without being mercilessly shamed--only the protesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies