Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 04:48 PM

3,219 posts, read 1,604,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Why do you have a problem with two private parties peacefully handling a situation? You wanted there to be violence? I'm not following your logic. You wanted the state to get involved and waste tax payer dollars over an alleged crime?
You don’t think there was any violence demonstrated there? There was a show of force and a surrender. Also an economic punishment. I’m sure the punishment is not over for that shop owner either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 04:49 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Do these clowns not understand that they're creating racism?
Hey, systemic racism made them do it .....

Old 09-15-2020, 04:49 PM

6,660 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
You don’t think there was any violence demonstrated there? There was a show of force and a surrender. Also an economic punishment. I’m sure the punishment is not over for that shop owner either.
sounds like a threat, right? "

Eh,...you a,.should do what me and my armed boys say,..or ,.well,..there might be violence,..we don't want that,..do we? "

Old 09-15-2020, 04:58 PM

20,717 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
IN THIS SITUATION, two sides of a dispute handled it without involvement of state sponsored gunmen. I see no issue with what happened here. No tax dollars wasted as all parties involved were private citizens and nobody died. We need more of this.

Are you saying you wanted the police to show up and do their usual guns-blazing response and spark another revolution?

Looked like extortion to me.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:01 PM

431 posts, read 257,417 times
Quote:
Why do you have a problem with two private parties peacefully handling a situation? You wanted there to be violence? I'm not following your logic. You wanted the state to get involved and waste tax payer dollars over an alleged crime?
I have no issue with a peaceful resolution. It seems to me you think that involving the police would immediately translate into a shootout or violence. A crime was committed here, but not by the clerk from I can see. A group of armed men with no authority to enforce the law stormed into a private business and harassed an individual to get justice for their "black queen". The guy even said it didn't matter what actually happened in the stores surveillance camera, he just wanted a forced apology and the store shut down and to dictate how this business operates. Seems like old mafia tactics to me. No nobody there got hurt until somebody got hurt. It's not ok just because there's a so called racial revolution or whatever going on.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
I have no issue with a peaceful resolution. It seems to me you think that involving the police would immediately translate into a shootout or violence. A crime was committed here, but not by the clerk from I can see. A group of armed men with no authority to enforce the law stormed into a private business and harassed an individual to get justice for their "black queen". The guy even said it didn't matter what actually happened in the stores surveillance camera, he just wanted a forced apology and the store shut down and to dictate how this business operates. Seems like old mafia tactics to me. No nobody there got hurt until somebody got hurt. It's not ok just because there's a so called racial revolution or whatever going on.
We all know 8won6 would have a problem with this if a group of white people did this to a black store clerk.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:02 PM

431 posts, read 257,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I want the store owner to feel safe in his own community.

It's the Police's job to keep the peace.

You make is sound like it wouldn't be the the Aggressor's fault, being threatening and armed with intent , if there was a resulting incident.

The moment they used their 2cd amendment right to oppress and coerce and violently threaten, they cease to have the high ground. And being black doesn't give them any more right than anyone else.

Police give you an order,.you do it, They know they doing wrong. Drop the weapon,..don't resist.

Why people are so apologetic to these thugs is beyond reason.

The Brianna cases are horrible,..and should be addressed. This is clearly not a Brianna case.

One size doesn't fit all..even though I know that goes against many people's comfort zone of identity group politics. Hiding personal responsibility within some group statistic.
Well said...

Old 09-15-2020, 05:03 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I want the store owner to feel safe in his own community.

It's the Police's job to keep the peace.

You make is sound like it wouldn't be the the Aggressor's fault, being threatening and armed with intent , if there was a resulting incident.

The moment they used their 2cd amendment right to oppress and coerce and violently threaten, they cease to have the high ground. And being black doesn't give them any more right than anyone else.

Police give you an order,.you do it, They know they doing wrong. Drop the weapon,..don't resist.

Why people are so apologetic to these thugs is beyond reason.

The Brianna cases are horrible,..and should be addressed. This is clearly not a Brianna case.

One size doesn't fit all..even though I know that goes against many people's comfort zone of identity group politics. Hiding personal responsibility within some group statistic.
The police's job is to show up and shoot stuff. They are a hammer and nail type of operation. In this situation both sides peacefully came to an agreement. Nobody died or got hurt. No property was damaged. No riots. No tax dollars wasted. What more could you want?

Old 09-15-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
a crime was ALLEGEDLY committed. Both sides talked it out peacefully. The police are an armed gun blazing response team. They dont practice deescalation. They escalate things.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
People peacefully exercising 2A is what i saw. I saw conflict resolution. I saw peace and non violence. I saw no tax dollars wasted.

Last edited by 8won6; 09-15-2020 at 05:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies