Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2020, 06:40 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Mental illness?
Lots of it going around with our young. I think it is a byproduct of the Internet echo-chambers and how people feel empowered because they find like minds. It is a mental illness and very wide spread. The entire ultra-left is in that boat of mental illness. I am not sure what to do about it. Maybe get the huge mental illness places going and put them in there to help them? Like this one.

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/oh-athensasylum/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 06:44 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
Right. Why call the police if you’re getting robbed or carjacked at gunpoint? Just hand over your property.

Calling the police might result in violence, and we certainly don’t want that, do we?

And just think of the waste of taxpayer dollars calling the police would entail?

Just hand everything over peacefully and go home and reflect on your white privilege.
again, another person is bringing up fictional scenarios and not what happened in reality here. Why are you talking about car jackings and robberies?

NO WE DON'T WANT VIOLENCE. Why are you being sarcastic? When you call the police in America they are basically gunmen who show up to shoot things, they are not conflict resolution experts. They've proven this over and over again.

You want you tax dollars wasted on something citizens can handle on their own for free?

What was handed over here? Why are you talking about white privilege, what does that have to do with anything?

Old 09-15-2020, 06:47 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Your tune would change if you were feeding your family with the income from that store.
I don't own a store. Why are you going off into a fictional scenario?

Old 09-15-2020, 06:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hold on...

They didn’t burn anything that I know of. Apparently you aren’t aware that many of these South Asian and Middle Eastern store owners and employee do good business in many minority communities WHILE being disrespectful to the people of that community. I’ve had Indians and Arabs yank money out of my hand before, and talk to me quite disrespectfully or rude. They know they’d better not do that in stores they operate in white neighborhoods...and from what I know, they don’t.

Call a black woman the N-word and pull a gun or her? Oh HELL NO! People ain’t putting up with it anymore.

And who is the “they” that bytch and moan about nowhere to shop in their community? Every neighborhood in America has a liquor store, and they will ALWAYS have a liquor store/party store in the community because there’s money to be made there, and someone is gonna get it.

Now if you’re talking about retail type stores, well MOST Americans have to drive to get to one. Few of us live in a retail district, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. Grocery stores are another matter, but the overwhelming majority of Americans have to drive to get groceries so people who live in inner cities that complain about the lack of grocery stores aren’t being realistic. I live in a small town and I don’t even live within walking distance of a grocery store.

So again, doing party store business can be challenging, but nowadays the men aren’t just gonna lay down if women are being disrespected by store clerks. Better not call my wife a name. I’m gonna have a real issue, let alone if you draw a gun on her.

Sure, they went a little overboard by forcing him to close, but a message was sent.
The 'they' are the same people I complained about after the riots in Chicago. The same idiots that burned the damn buildings turned to the cameras and said, 'Now we have no store in our community' and 'What are we supposed to do now to get our food?' Are you effing kidding me? Someone should have told those jokers they were the reason for that. This mob is no different if they end up causing the store to close. I'm not talking about law-abiding citizens who said those things - I feel sorry for them - particularly the elderly or those who can't afford transportation. Those folks aren't the 'they'.

I don't know what goes on with those store owners, but this isn't the way to handle it. You handle it by deciding as a community that you'll put the store owner on notice that if he doesn't get polite people serving everyone, nobody will enter that store again. (I think we saw a video like that last year.)

I find it a little disturbing that the mouth of the mob was so quick to decline viewing videotape. While I'm sure something happened, that raised a red flag for me.

But even if the clerk said all of that - send your message to the owner of the store who has a stake in the business and with your dollars.

Last edited by MPowering1; 09-15-2020 at 07:04 PM..

Old 09-15-2020, 06:48 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You are either truly dense or you're playing us. And with you - it's hard to tell.

The store owner wasn't involved. This was the clerk.

There was no discussion. There was mob rule, intimidation and bullying, and compliance.

If I put a gun to your head and tell you to tap dance and you did, would you call that just having a conversation?

There's no other way to look at this, other than mob rule and vigilantism.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:50 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Nobody died, the store will be back open. No tax dollars wasted. Both sides handled it peacefully. Did you want the police to show up and create another nationwide revolution?
Police don't cause a "nationwide revolution". Domestic terrorists like BLM and Pantifa do. Our media does by lying and manipulating the public. The Democratic party does by supporting, enabling and financing these violent criminals.

The police SHOULD have been there, done their job, and arrested the violent thugs. These fools are the very definition of terrorists-they use fear, threats and intimidation to force people to do their bidding. It's a shame that there weren't enough good guys there with guns to handle these savages-rather it's police or the law abiding public.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:50 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

There's no other way to look at this, other than mob rule and vigilantism.
not to the BLM sycophants in this thread. they're working overtime.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:56 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
not to the BLM sycophants in this thread. they're working overtime.
Yes, some seem to be advocating for vigilantism. They tried to resolve things without the police in CHOP/CHAZ. Two people were killed and there were alleged rapes--in a span of only a few weeks. It's hard to imagine anyone could think things would be better this way.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:57 PM

13,750 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
The fact that the spokesbully refused to watch the security tape proves that their goal was never a fair solution. It was intimidation from beginning to end.

Wish we got to see what the "black queen" shoplifter looks like.
I wonder if the security tape will be released to the public? I would like to see what actually happened.
Yeah, that would be interesting.

According to the BP the clerk called the woman the n-word and then apparently for no reason... pulled a gun on her.

The clerk seemed to be saying that's not what happened and wanted to show the BP a video of the incident. However, the man wasn't hearing it. He demanded the store close and somebody be fired.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Sure, but you are missing the simplicity of it all. People want to be a victim. Who wouldn't. If you are a "victim" and do well, you are considered amazing. If you are "privileged" and do well it is expected. Just seems easy to try and claim victim these days.
If that were the case, every minority would do well since far left liberals keep messaging that they're victims, can't handle math and science or tests, or job requirements or much of anything else related to real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies